SiouxSports.com Forum

HC jersey distribution from GF

YaneA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that I don't enjoy the new Ralph. It's just different. I think it is the best hockey facility in the world and I have a great time almost every time I am there (sometimes a loss takes away a little fun). I don't get too worried about what anyone else is doing at the games because I am too busy watching the games and occasionally yelling at the refs (even though they can't hear me from the top of the upper deck). My comment was more about the fact that the atmosphere is different in the new buildings than it was in the old buildings and that it is interesting that Gopher fans make comments similar to what has been said on this board. And I have a lot of great memories from both the old Ralph and the old Mariucci.

Besides, I was actually communicating with a Gopher fan without anyone throwing out insults :) . That doesn't always happen on here.

I didn't say that I don't enjoy the new Ralph. It's just different. I think it is the best hockey facility in the world and I have a great time almost every time I am there (sometimes a loss takes away a little fun). I don't get too worried about what anyone else is doing at the games because I am too busy watching the games and occasionally yelling at the refs (even though they can't hear me from the top of the upper deck). My comment was more about the fact that the atmosphere is different in the new buildings than it was in the old buildings and that it is interesting that Gopher fans make comments similar to what has been said on this board. And I have a lot of great memories from both the old Ralph and the old Mariucci.

Besides, I was actually communicating with a Gopher fan without anyone throwing out insults :D . That doesn't always happen on here.

My bad, :) . I have great memories of the old Ralph as well but boy I appreciate and enjoy the new Ralph so much more!

And I have to say, you are right up there with being decent to Gopher fans, trolls, etc. I would try it more often but those times I have been, I've been burned. ;)

My bad, :) . I have great memories of the old Ralph as well but boy I appreciate and enjoy the new Ralph so much more!

And I have to say, you are right up there with being decent to Gopher fans, trolls, etc. I would try it more often but those times I have been, I've been burned. ;)

I wouldn't trade our new Ralph for any other sports facility in the world, at least none that I have heard about. I share season tickets with a friend and we have already agreed that we plan to keep our seats until we are too old to walk all the way up those stairs. I figure another 30 or 40 years (we can always hope).

Most Gopher fans are actually good people, just a little misguided :D . Trolls on the other hand can get annoying after a while. But I don't take much of what is said on here or other boards very seriously so they don't really bother me that much.

As a Gopher fan, I would much rather have Sioux fans wearing HC jerseys at Mariucci next year instead of their Sioux gear. Puprple goes well with mullets and Nascar hats. While reading through this thread and the other HC threads on here, it's hard for me to believe that I'm on a website for one of the most tradition rich and greatest college hockey programs of all time. The inferiority complex that you people have for the University of Minnesota just baffles me.

Look, I know the back to back NCAA titles pissed you all off, and I know you're still pissed about Parise and Bochenski leaving town without a ring... and I know you're all still upset that Vanek won ROTY over God and that Kessel won ROTY over Toews and Oshie. And I know you're a little pissed off about the Sioux managing only a .333 winning % against Minnesota at the new Ralph. But really people, you guys have the Gophers on your minds more than St. Cloud State and Duluth fans combined. It's truly pathetic.

You all need to wake up tomorrow, get over the depressing feeling that living in Grand Forks brings, and get a life. You're the only fanbase of one of the top programs in the country that doesn't act like one.

:);) BRILLIANT...........................at least fire helmet guy can have fun on this board while you are a straight tool puting people down for where they live like your better than other people, so fricken sad and i would kick my own azz if i lived in your shoes.....

As a Gopher fan, I would much rather have Sioux fans wearing HC jerseys at Mariucci next year instead of their Sioux gear. Puprple goes well with mullets and Nascar hats. While reading through this thread and the other HC threads on here, it's hard for me to believe that I'm on a website for one of the most tradition rich and greatest college hockey programs of all time. The inferiority complex that you people have for the University of Minnesota just baffles me.

Look, I know the back to back NCAA titles pissed you all off, and I know you're still pissed about Parise and Bochenski leaving town without a ring... and I know you're all still upset that Vanek won ROTY over God and that Kessel won ROTY over Toews and Oshie. And I know you're a little pissed off about the Sioux managing only a .333 winning % against Minnesota at the new Ralph. But really people, you guys have the Gophers on your minds more than St. Cloud State and Duluth fans combined. It's truly pathetic.

You all need to wake up tomorrow, get over the depressing feeling that living in Grand Forks brings, and get a life. You're the only fanbase of one of the top programs in the country that doesn't act like one.

Um - ok - thanks

I wasn't going to get involved, but I would like to say the only things that aren't readily available in GF but are in Mpls. include

1. violent crime

2. gangs

3. graffiti

4. traffic

5. racial tension

6. TVM's in 5 differant languages

7. gay bars (no offense intended)

8. losing pro teams - contributing to the abundance of fair weather fans

9. cruel arrogance stemming from anonymity

All things considered GF (which is about the size of Woodbury for all you folks living in gopherville that haven't a clue) is a pretty good place to live and have roots

HAHAHAHA NASCAR SUCKS!!! :);)

as for the rest of your post, you're an idiot. Grand Forks is a great place to live, grow up, be a part of.

They created new rules in the game because of Parise and how nobody could stop him without mugging him.

Oshie deserved that award and even you aren't that stupid to think otherwise.

Winning percentage doesn't mean s&!t when the Gophers blow an opportunity to make it better/worse by being the number one seed and losing to a 16 seed. (never been done before which makes it that much better for sioux fans)

YOU are the troll over here on OUR website trying to tell US that WE are a bunch of pathetic losers...... :D

back to my original point...NASCAR SUCKS, and YOU are the pathetic loser.

Hi Kettle, it sure didn't take you long to get home from Latvia. I guess the one move didn't work out so well over there either. I guess even the Swedes had it figured out this time.

Kinda like Spirko's move to UND, did not really work. He needed to be by his mommy.

If Sioux fans want to spend their OWN money on a Holy Cross Jersey just to rub the loss into a Gopher fan's face, who the hell cares? It just shows the Obsession they have with the Gopher program. Boston College as well as Denver have ended the Sioux's season on a few occassions but I'm sure in the hell not going to go out and buy a Boston College or Denver Jersey just to rub it into a Sioux fans face. I would rather spend the Money on merchandise on the Team I support.

The bottom line on this topic is...why do Gopher fans care what we wear and where we buy it. Do you care about the clothes I wear to work? No. Does it matter if I buy them at American Eagle, Aero, Christopher & Banks or the Salvation Army? No. So why do a few Holy Cross jerseys have you all in such turmoil? It's our clothes, and we can buy them and wear them whenever and wherever we want to. :)

To all goophie fans that are upset about this Holy Cross jersey thing, I only have this to say: how long did you guys beat the Ferris State dead horse before it got old. Now you get a little bit of it shoved back in your face and you don't like it, too bad, deal with it cause it's not going to go away anytime soon. As far as living in GF vs. the Twin Cities, to me there is no comparison, the quality of life as well as the people are about one thousand times better.

Kinda like Spirko's move to UND, did not really work. He needed to be by his mommy.

i probably wouldn't start this bullsh%$ again on why a player left school, personal reasons should stay that way correct?? oh yeah, only in hrisch's case, thats right............................instead of wasting space here in SS with your enlighting posts why dont you fools go write a book on how ERIK JOHNSON has a dream to wear the maroon and gold :D

If Sioux fans want to spend their OWN money on a Holy Cross Jersey just to rub the loss into a Gopher fan's face, who the hell cares? It just shows the Obsession they have with the Gopher program. Boston College as well as Denver have ended the Sioux's season on a few occassions but I'm sure in the hell not going to go out and buy a Boston College or Denver Jersey just to rub it into a Sioux fans face. I would rather spend the Money on merchandise on the Team I support.

The Gophers lose to Holy Cross was HISTORICAL!! It's one of the, if not THE biggest upsets in NCAA history. Owning a Holy Cross jersey is owning a HUGE piece of college hockey history. And as I have said before, it's just plain FUN!!!

And hockey1, you are 100% correct, why the hell should it matter to any Gopher fan what we wear or spend our money on?! I've spent my kids' inheritance on game worn hockey jerseys (and professional football memorabilia), they don't care, why the frick should a Gopher fan!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are a IDIOT.............thanks for showing it though..oh my goddddddddddd

what a comparison..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm holy cross and denver and bc, 3 pretty even top hockey programs to me :);) ...it was the biggest upset ever in college hockey and if it was on the other foot with you clowns we would be hearing the same crap..its all in fun and it also happened at the ralph which makes it 10 times better......you fools really care what other people do with their money?? mind your own fkn business....

dont worry, you guys will throw away next season as well with your 2 sorry goalies when your team and coach play more meaningless games down the stretch because you guys only play hard for wcha and ncaa TITLE games...news flash to the MY SH%t DONT STINK GOPHERS, you have to play HARD to get to TITLE games , then if you do make it to any im sure briggs will flush them right down the toilet like the last couiple of years...

IT'S ALL IN FUN...................... :D

Hello pot, this is kettle. :)

We can dance like this all night so I'll just end it now. I can't wait to see all the Holy Cross jerseys at Mariucci in January. Oh well, something else we can all agree on....is is October yet? ;)

I won't wear mine to the Sioux games - I'll use this as it as an excuse to go to the John for a differant series.

They created new rules in the game because of Parise and how nobody could stop him without mugging him.

Oshie deserved that award and even you aren't that stupid to think otherwise.

What you just wrote about Parise is absolutely hilarious. Please tell me you really don't think that rules were changed because of him because if you do you are more delusional than I previously thought.

As far as ROY goes I must be stupid like you say because I think the right player won that award. Kessel was the best freshmen in the nation last year bar none.

What you just wrote about Parise is absolutely hilarious. Please tell me you really don't think that rules were changed because of him because if you do you are more delusional than I previously thought.

As far as ROY goes I must be stupid like you say because I think the right player won that award. Kessel was the best freshmen in the nation last year bar none.

i have no problem with kessel winning the award but to say BAR NONE is a friken joke. come on and take your maroon and puke glasses off. i can say as a sioux fan either could have won the award but dont make it sound like he is head over heals better because anyone who saw these 2 play would say your crazy, halarious :)

Hmmm, perhaps you could at least get agreement with your assessment from Alaska :)

Simply amazing that so many goofer fans don't care so much that they've started a major flamefest here concerning a few fans buying HC jerseys and t's. Your total lack of caring is astounding.

i have no problem with kessel winning the award but to say BAR NONE is a friken joke. come on and take your maroon and puke glasses off. i can say as a sioux fan either could have won the award but dont make it sound like he is head over heals better because anyone who saw these 2 play would say your crazy, halarious :)

Oshie was also worthy of the award like I've said many times before. But Kessel was the highest scoring frosh in the land and he had to deal with the most pressure put on any freshmen in the history of college hockey. He handled it all very well, on and off the ice.

Oshie was also worthy of the award like I've said many times before. But Kessel was the highest scoring frosh in the land and he had to deal with the most pressure put on any freshmen in the history of college hockey. He handled it all very well, on and off the ice.

i see what you are saying but i dont know if he had the most pressure ever in the history, may be right up there in the top though...

Simply amazing that so many goofer fans don't care so much that they've started a major flamefest here concerning a few fans buying HC jerseys and t's. Your total lack of caring is astounding.

Actions speak louder than words and the fact that Sioux fans, more than just a few by the way, are spending this amount of money on a Holy Cross jersey just to annoy their rival fans speaks volumes. It's really one of the strangest and most petty things I've seen from a fanbase of a proud program. Face it, Sioux fans are obsessed with the Gopher hockey program and buying these jerseys is concrete proof of that.

Actions speak louder than words and the fact that Sioux fans, more than just a few by the way, are spending this amount of money on a Holy Cross jersey just to annoy their rival fans speaks volumes. It's really one of the strangest and most petty things I've seen from a fanbase of a proud program. Face it, Sioux fans are obsessed with the Gopher hockey program and buying these jerseys is concrete proof of that.

once again, just wondering why you friken care on who spends their money on what? worry about your own sh%$ like which sieve the gophs will put between the pipes next season.....the gophers are the sioux biggest rival as of now and they lost in the biggest upset in the history of college hockey at the ralph....who cares, have fun with it...geeeeeeeeeeeeez

and your not obsessed with SS are you :) have you tried GPL, they probably think you are a fool as well

The more that the Gophers complain the better it gets. You can say obsessed but we can say ditto, how many Sioux fans post on GPL ? It still says Sioux Sports on the header doesn't it. To have one of maybe our biggest rivals get beat in our house with a great majority of Sioux fans watching probably the biggest NCAA hockey upset ever, thats not obsession its glory. The look on Woogers face trying to do the post game show, priceless.