SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA press conference

jimdahl

A. We expect UND to obey the rules, including this one.

But gee, we can't expect the NCAA to follow it's own rules, like Association-wide governance and policy coming via Association-wide vote and not a via edict of a committee?

But gee, we can't expect the NCAA to follow it's own rules, like Association-wide governance and policy coming via Association-wide vote and not a via edict of a committee?

Again, I cannot understand why the membership allows this.

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly should the giveaways have printed on them (maybe "I'm not hostile or abusive - Free UND from NCAA tyranny" or "Remove Emperor Brand from his throne")?

Since I'm not one of you guys, I'll stay out of the discussion except to say that "Emperor Brand" is what I called him by the time he'd been at IU for two weeks . . . long before l'affaire Bobby Knight. You might be able to imagine the kind of shock that I and thousands of others felt when Brand managed to eject Knight, although no one but a decades-long IU/Knight fan can really understand just how outrageous and impossible-seeming that was. The icing on the cake was that he did that and then just ran off on his merry way to the NCAA.

Don't ever bet on Brand having any limits to his view of his own opinion and desires.

Since I'm not one of you guys, I'll stay out of the discussion except to say that "Emperor Brand" is what I called him by the time he'd been at IU for two weeks . . . long before l'affaire Bobby Knight. You might be able to imagine the kind of shock that I and thousands of others felt when Brand managed to eject Knight, although no one but a decades-long IU/Knight fan can really understand just how outrageous and impossible-seeming that was. The icing on the cake was that he did that and then just ran off on his merry way to the NCAA.

Don't ever bet on Brand having any limits to his view of his own opinion and desires.

Thanks for your Hoosier perspective, Galoux! You definitely gave us a sense of Brand's brand of imperialism.