SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise

dropTHEgloves

Parise is a great college goaltender but all this talk about Parise leaving early is ridiculous. Jordan showed his colors tonight by giving up many soft goals. I just dont get how people can think that Parise can play in the NHL and is going to leave early. Lamoureux should have relieved Parise after the 1st period and every one watching the game knows it...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parise is a great college goaltender but all this talk about Parise leaving early is ridiculous. Jordan showed his colors tonight by giving up many soft goals. I just dont get how people can think that Parise can play in the NHL and is going to leave early. Lamoureux should have relieved Parise after the 1st period and every one watching the game knows it...

Pulling Parise and putting Lammie in is a tough call. How long has it been since Phil played? Then you throw him to the dogs? I think Hak made the right one tonight by leaving Jordy in. An inch here, and inch there and the outcome was different.

It just wasn't meant to be.

Pulling Parise and putting Lammie in is a tough call. How long has it been since Phil played? Then you throw him to the dogs? I think Hak made the right one tonight by leaving Jordy in. An inch here, and inch there and the outcome was different.

It just wasn't meant to be.

We need to keep a positive outlook, the Sioux finished 4th in league. Rode Parise to the Frozen Four twice. This time, I was there watching and it looked like the Sioux were timid and afraid to make mistakes. Which unfortunately lead to glaring mistakes that you could see happening. These times Jordan wasn't able to bail them out. Looking forward to seeing who stays, who goes, and who comes in to fill the open spots. UND doesn't rebuild, we reload!

No soft goals?? I know the defense left him out to dry a couple of times but dont tell me he didnt let in some soft ones... The third and fourth goals in particular.. that third goal was a luck goal but there is no way he shouldnt be covering the pipe and the fourth five hole goal was brutal.. When Parise is on his game he is a high quality tender but tonight he was brutal. I am not taking anything away from him but I am just saying to those who think he is a flight risk is just plain unreasonable. And yes it is a risk putting Lamoureux in but Parise still did let in 3 goals after the first. When Parise is on his game he is unbelievable such as the sconi game but tonight he reminded me of the early gopher series.

There is no way that I am blaming Jordie for the loss because he got us here and I just hope he is back with the majority of the team next year... maybe I am just venting but if you would of told me that we would have scored 5 goals on Corey Schneider I would have told you there is no way we lose... As tough as it is... the freshmen finally played like freshman and Jordie wasnt there to bail them out

I have to agree, Parise was not sharp. The way the defenseman were leaving him "hung out to dry" made it necessary for him to have a big game and he just didn't. BC had good quick forwards which I have to credit for getting to a lot of the loose pucks. I thought that Collins from BC was outstanding! He could get the puck up the ice in a hurry and make you pay for your mistakes. I thought ND did a good job of controling the offensive zone, but BC did just as good a job of defense in their own zone. No easy shots, not many odd-man rushes, and did a good job not taking more penalties than perhaps they could've. The goalie wasn't bad either, not great, but not bad. One other thing I noticed was that it seemed like BC was winning every crucial faceoff. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the scoreboard and seen ND leading in that category. Smaby didn't play one of his better games either. Too many penalties and mistakes.

I was at the game today and I also recorded the game to watch when I returned home. I played all the goals back again to see the quality of the goals. I played goalie in high school so I had some extra intrest in the Jordys play today.

My goal review after replaying the goals at home:

1. Good shot and hard to stop since it went off the post.

2. Good shot but Jordy snapped his glove up way too late. I watched it in slow motion a couple times as well and he didn't start moving his glove until the puck past it. If he would've been at his best he would've made the stop.

3. Weak shot and bad deflection. Again, Jordy went down early and he didn't need to. It went right over his blocker side shoulder. If he would've just stood up tight against the post the puck wouldn't have went in.

4. Bad shot and all around bad goal. It looked like Jordy was doing yoga or something with the way his legs were positioned. There were a lot of other areas that were open in the net as well.

5. Good shot and pretty tough to stop a breakaway with Collins breaking in. That was one of the worst line changes and slowest I have ever seen. What was up with that? Poor coaching decision possibly?

6. Great goal after a really poor defensive play. Jordy couldn't have stretched his leg much further to stop that puck. I don't understand why Smaby was skating backwards. I thought he should've attacked the skater more even though it was an incredible deke.

So, after further review, I think 3 of 6 were weak goals. Had Jordy been on his game I don't think those would've been goals.

I don't think Jordy is quite ready yet. I think he may struggle with his butterfly-flop style of play in the big leagues. I hope I am wrong because I would love to see another Sioux tender in the big show. Now that it looks like Eddy is gone, we don't have any. Karl hasn't made it yet and it doesn't look like he will?

BC had guys playing high in the Sioux zone and they were way too open the entire game. It was really a strange game to watch. UND was controlling so much of the play and moved the puck so well most of the game. BC just had the puck go to the right place at the right time too many times.

One highlight after the game. A BC fan by the parking garage was wearing a BC jersey with a leather Sioux jacket over it. I stopped and asked him why he had both and he said he thinks the Sioux logo is the best looking logo in all of sports. It was great to hear a BC fan say that with all the crap UND is going through with the logo, etc...

I am really bummed that I am not getting to make the trip back up from the Chicago area to watch a Sioux-Badger final. That would've been a great game to watch. ;)

A strange game. The BC forwards cherry picked the entire game and got away with it, although it allowed the Sioux an easier time of controlling and cycling the puck. Looked like peewee pond pickup hockey out there, certainly not D1 caliber hockey. Very much like the MN/SCSU final five game.

BC got in easy to the circle over and over for shots from good scoring areas. My knock on Parise, and I don't know that he always plays this way since you never see a game like that, is that he got down "very deep" in the crease when BC forwards were skating into the Sioux end uncontested until they reached the circle. Shots from there with Parise deep have a lot more room to go in, seems that he should be out high challenging and cutting down angles until they get below the circles, at least.

I don't expect Wisco to get sucked into a pond hockey game, which, imo, is the only way BC as any chance of winning. Sioux might have scored in double figures, but playing the good team D that we've all seen, especially down the stretch, disappeared last night in favor of a pinching, cherry picking back yard game. Not the way to win championship hockey, although it gives both teams an equal chance of winning.

BC is just not good enough to beat the Sioux team, yet they did. A disappointing effort.

Except for Hakstol, Berry, Eades, the Sioux players, and most of us diehard fans, you're right, he should have been relieved.

Newsflash, bucko, neither goaltender played well. Schneider nearly gave the game away in the third period according to reports.. I mean, yeah, Parise gave up 6 goals, but Schneider gave up 5 including 2 short handed goals.

Seriously, Parise as an NHL netminder is something I don't know if he'll ever do, but saying that he isn't wrthy of being allowed to play the entire game despite unfortunate circumstances is just plain stupid.

Yeah, we lost. Yeah, it sucked. No, it wasn't Jordy's fault. Plain. Simple. Period. The End.

You are dead on Redwing.

While the 4th goal was weak, there is no way you pull Parise from that game. Check out the replay, Parise made a number of huge saves. The guy was the backbone of this team all year long. Staying with Parise was definately the right decision.

True colors? You got to be kidding. Go back and review his last three years and then talk to me about true colors. Your post is just plain stupid.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Parise left early. I hope he doesn't and comes back to finish out a great career.

For whatever reason, I believe Parise's statement that he'll be back next year. I think he wants to come back and redeem himself. He knows, more than anyone else, that he didn't play to his capabilities yesterday, and definitely has something to prove to the college hockey world. As far as the rest of the players, I'll just wait and see. Bochenski virtually guarenteed he'd be back too last year, and darted for the pros right before the season started.

People can and will blame Parise for yesterday's loss. That's part of being in the spotlight as an athlete. Whether it's right or not to blame him for the loss, is not up to me. I personally don't see it being all Jordy's fault. Did he play his best game? Obviously not. However, the first shot he was partially blinded on. The third shot was not his fault at all. The only goals I felt he should have made were the 4th and 6th goals. Just my opinion though. Do I blame Jordy though? No. Everyone is going to play a bad game. Yeah, it sucks that it happened at this time of year, but it did. Perhaps people who place all the blame on one person should put on the pads, get out on the ice, and try to do better. The guy has been the backbone to the team all year long. Because of him, we we're in the position we were in at the end of the year to make this run. Without his great play earlier in the year, we would have all been at work yesterday afternoon, watching highlights of some other team play Boston College or whoever.

I'm a Sioux fan. I love Fighting Sioux hockey. I know that we will not be blessed with a national championship every single season, and I do not expect one. What I expect is a team to show Sioux Pride every time they step on the ice, and this team did that yesterday. The offseason has now begun, and everyday from now until October, I will be a little happier as we're one day closer to the beginning of a new year of college hockey. I also know that this loss is hard for people to take, but there will be bigger and better days for us hockey fans in the future.

Has everyone forgotten that there is no "I" or "Parise" in TEAM. Yeah there were a few goals that we have seen him stop like that before. But for us to sit here & bash one guy is wrong!!! We should be proud of were they finished!!! Yeah we lost but we don't have to sit & critize the team for the lose. They all know that they lost & had some mistakes, I don't think that as fans we need to sit & ponder on how they did this or that. How about we compliment them for doing what they have. GOOD JOB SIOUX!!!!!

Obviously Parise did not have his best game - he was out of position on 2 or 3 of the goals. However, one of those was deflected and the other two were perfectly placed - Bochenski type goals.

The Sioux played 60 hard minutes. They made some huge mistakes, which BC capitalized on. As a fan this was such a frustrating game as the Sioux outplayed BC most of the game. Every time the Sioux play BC it turns into a wierd game.

BC had guys playing high in the Sioux zone and they were way too open the entire game. It was really a strange game to watch. UND was controlling so much of the play and moved the puck so well most of the game. BC just had the puck go to the right place at the right time too many times.

IMO this says it all ... Go BC! (I just can't cheeer for Sobbie Earl) ;)

I was hoping that when I woke up today it was Thursday.......and everything was just a bad dream.

There wasn't a whole lot of difference between Parise and Schneider's games. I really don't think that it is fair to sit here and blame Parise for the loss. Watch the third period again, what a great period of Fighting Sioux hockey! Parise had some huge point blank saves.

BC must have made a deal with the devil on that Schneider stick save off of Kozek's shot on the dish from Oshie......who burned two defenders on the right side.

Seriously, the Sioux have nothing to hang their heads about.......great season, great effort against BC.

Overall it was just a sloppy game and Parise really cant be blamed for the loss I know but hopefully this team can be something special again next year.

Yes, hopefully the 7's will be good to us and we can get past national championship #7. We won it in 1987, 1997, why not 2007? If the Sioux only lose two of the number of players mentioned that could go pro, I think they are very well situated to make another run at # 8.

Parise is a great goaltender, but had a poor game, you can't let in soft goals and he did at least 2. Yes the defense hung him out to dry, but he usually makes many of those saves. We wouldn't have been here without Parise. Sometimes good players have bad games.

There were alot of bounces that just didn't go there way. Oshie played as hard as ever, but couldn't get a break, and got knocked in his a$$ a few times. Porter was horrible, and took a stupid crucial penalty. Even Sparky had some turnovers. But that happens sometimes and it wasn't our day.

The effort was good, this wasn't a Minnesota vs. Holy Cross. They just got beat. On a positive note I though Radke was great, I didn't realize how fast he was.

Parise is a great goaltender, but had a poor game, you can't let in soft goals and he did at least 2. Yes the defense hung him out to dry, but he usually makes many of those saves. We wouldn't have been here without Parise. Sometimes good players have bad games.

There were alot of bounces that just didn't go there way. Oshie played as hard as ever, but couldn't get a break, and got knocked in his a$$ a few times. Porter was horrible, and took a stupid crucial penalty. Even Sparky had some turnovers. But that happens sometimes and it wasn't our day.

The effort was good, this wasn't a Minnesota vs. Holy Cross. They just got beat. On a positive note I though Radke was great, I didn't realize how fast he was.

you tend to move faster scared than you do mad, and i'm sure he was scared of getting benched as much finley was mad about actually getting benched.

He came flying out of nowhere and Mr HockeyMom and I both said- holy sh** who was that? He's fast!

Do you guys think Phil should stick around if Parise is coming back another year. Phil is such a good goalie who could start at many other schools IMO. Unless Parise has a terrible year Phil will only get a very small amount of playing time as a junior. That leaves him with one year to have a chance to start.

I played the role of back-up goalie during my senior year of high school and it sucked. I was offered an opportunity to play at another high school in the area in need of a goalie and looking back, I kinda wish I would've gone.

I wonder if Lammy is thinking about any of these kinds of things?

Do you guys think Phil should stick around if Parise is coming back another year. Phil is such a good goalie who could start at many other schools IMO. Unless Parise has a terrible year Phil will only get a very small amount of playing time as a junior. That leaves him with one year to have a chance to start.

I played the role of back-up goalie during my senior year of high school and it sucked. I was offered an opportunity to play at another high school in the area in need of a goalie and looking back, I kinda wish I would've gone.

I wonder if Lammy is thinking about any of these kinds of things?

Bottom line would be that Lammy has every opportunity to beat out the incumbant senior. Remember Toby Kvalevog?