SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol a Spencer Penrose finalist

PCM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the job Hakstol has done the past two seasons, he's fully deserving of this honor.

Agreed. Making this year's freshman true contenders for a national championship is remarkable... even more remarkable than what he accomplished last year. I hope the voters see the same things we do.

As far as the other WCHA names:

I like what Motzko did this year for SCSU... probably the only WCHA contention with Hak for the SP.

Eaves has a veteran team and a great netminder. With all due respect, I don't think the coaching got them their great season.

I'll eat my hat if Lucia gets it.

Anyone have any insight on the non-conference coaches?

I can't speak a lot for the others, but...

Hakstol - took a very young team back to the FF...one win away from a 30 win season...more than last year's team. Seems to have that character of bringing a team together at the right time.

Motzko - did very well building up a team that almost made it into the NCAA tournament. Almost winning three games in the Final Five...that's an accomplishment for a team and a coach in and of itself.

Lucia - had a very strong year with a lot of talented players, but you have to question losing the last three games of the season at tournament time. In all reality, the game is in the players' hands, but I think those three loses are as much a reflection on his coaching as it is on the team's play.

PCM: Thank you.........Thank you for boring me out of my mind the last 30 seconds reading this thread you created and I accidentally clicked on.........Coach of the Year?.....come on..........humor me, anger me, or inform me.......but please don't bore me

It was boring, but you felt the need to post to it anyway?:love:?

PCM: Thank you.........Thank you for boring me out of my mind the last 30 seconds reading this thread you created and I accidentally clicked on.........Coach of the Year?.....come on..........humor me, anger me, or inform me.......but please don't bore me

headscratch.gifshrug.gif

I won't bore you if if you promise not to confuse me. Oops. Too late.

Lucia - had a very strong year with a lot of talented players, but you have to question losing the last three games of the season at tournament time. In all reality, the game is in the players' hands, but I think those three loses are as much a reflection on his coaching as it is on the team's play.

I agree with respect to Lucia having to take a portion of the blame for the finish (I'd say 60/40 players/coach). I don't think it's wrong to have Lucia as one of the finalists, but given how the team finished I'm not sure I'd even put him into the Top 3 at the end of the season. :love:

headscratch.gifshrug.gif

I won't bore you if if you promise not to confuse me. Oops. Too late.

I'm just as confused. Calling you out because the NCAA named Hakstol a Penrose finalist... nice. It's not Friday yet and already ATLSiouxPhan is on something mind altering. :love:

ANyways, I'm sorry, but where is Coach Pearl of Holy Cross? I think he's done as much as Motzko, Whitehead, and Riley have. Plus, he took a subtalented team and knocked off the #2 team in the nation. Has to count for something.

ANyways, I'm sorry, but where is Coach Pearl of Holy Cross? I think he's done as much as Motzko, Whitehead, and Riley have. Plus, he took a subtalented team and knocked off the #2 team in the nation. Has to count for something.

Good point, 77. Where is Pearl?

Finally, someone (Redwing77) with something relevant to say on this thread.......Agreed, until we see the Holy Cross Coach on the nominee list, this coach contest is 0% substance.

Uh.... thanks, I guess...

But now you are saying that there needs to be relevance to a thread that you questioned the entire purpose for to begin with?

Or maybe it's just your personal vendetta against PCM. I don't know. However, I don't think that this thread is entirely unworthy of discussion.

...vote early, vote often... :lol:

Vote early and vote often, even if your dead. A radio talk show host I beieve Rusty Humphries wanted to go around and see how many different location he could vote in Ohio, but one of the officials didn't want him to do it because he probably would have gotten away with it. Not saying much for our voting system.

Although I have little faith in the voting system in our country I do believe that Hak is the most deserving 10 freshman in the line every night. 13 new freshmen on the team. Only two senior, one of which plays all the tiem is an amazing job of coaching. I guess there will be no one calling for his head this season.

Take your own advice buddy. If a thread has bored you so much, why do you continue to read it, and as already stated, even post on it. Not only did the thread bore you the first time, but you re-entered the thread a second time to make a second post, indicating that you continued to read this most boring thread.

This is a hockey message board. Coaches are a part of hockey. I'm sure nobody is excited by every single thread they read on the board, which is why we have the option of what we choose to read. Now that I've said that, you can continue on with your name calling as you did last week with my posts, which incidentally, were deleted rather rapidly by administration.

With that being said, congratulations to Hak on an outstanding season. You definitely have my vote for the SP award!

Yep, apparently owrd is that you can do that in many big cities not just in Chi town.

The only ones that can 'vote early and vote often' in Chicago are the dearly departed! :love:

(Oops, we better be careful so we don't get nailed by the 'relevance police' )

I'm just as confused. Calling you out because the NCAA named Hakstol a Penrose finalist... nice. It's not Friday yet and already ATLSiouxPhan is on something mind altering. :love:

Is there any way we could exchange the Lucia-pet for Pearl from Holy Cross? How does a coach who's team threw it in the tank in the WCHA Final 5 and the West Region get on this list? Granted, it's the team who has to go out and win the games, but the coach has a large part in getting them up and ready for the playoffs?!?!?!