SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see now, spray paint would be fast. The job could be done in minutes and the 'culprits' could disappear into the night before anyone noticed Goldie's new shirt. Mmm, oh and if it could be done during an extended school break that would further reduce the risk of getting caught. Yeah, that's the ticket, spray paint, school break, yeah.

It wasn't me officer, honest, it was crazy kids! You have to believe me, it was kids......

Let's see now, spray paint would be fast. The job could be done in minutes and the 'culprits' could disappear into the night before anyone noticed Goldie's new shirt. Mmm, oh and if it could be done during an extended school break that would further reduce the risk of getting caught. Yeah, that's the ticket, spray paint, school break, yeah.

It wasn't me officer, honest, it was crazy kids! You have to believe me, it was kids......

I don't think they ever caught anyone during the riots of '02 (and they had video) so I really don't think anyone would need to worry about any legal trouble. It just crosses the line from funny to vandalism in my mind.

I don't think they ever caught anyone during the riots of '02 (and they had video) so I really don't think anyone would need to worry about any legal trouble. It just crosses the line from funny to vandalism in my mind.

Naw - Someone who would do such a thing would probably use a kids water base paint that washes right off. Of course, if it was done about freeze up time, that means that it might last until spring. But, this is all just idle speculation, right??? :D

I agree, but don't expect a Halo to have the integrity to recognize or admit to the difference.

If that comment doesn't apply to you feel free to not toss a nutter in reply.

I agree, but don't expect a Halo to have the integrity to recognize or admit to the difference.

If that comment doesn't apply to you feel free to not toss a nutter in reply.

We've not always gotten along at times on these boards, Slap Shot. But there have been times I've almost felt bad that whatever you had to say on this board, no matter how reasonable sounding, would get you crapped on by posters here.

However, maybe I'm the one who misjudged you. Your problems started with a smack post after a Sioux loss, and you never recovered from that no matter how hard it seemed to me you tried. Of course, that didn't stop you from talking out the other side of your mouth on other boards.

Now you come on our board and drop your little made-up label in a post like this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. You probably don't have the integrity to recognize or admit to your behavior.

dagies - it's the pre-season and I'm posting in a thread where Sioux fans have delighted in their newfound second favorite team. In this particular case I'm responding to posts by Sioux fans talking about defacing a public piece of property on the Gophers campus and trying to justify such behavior. If that doesn't fit in with what I consider to be a non-sensical label, and I can't give you guys a little grief about that than mea culpa, but there was no harm meant and perhaps I erred in not including a wink to make it more obvious.

I honestly like this rivalry and all it's cracked up to be because first and foremost the hockey is supreme. The stuff from fans that can even remotely be considered seriously really means very little to me and I try to have as much fun with it as possible. If anyone is being honest with themselves they would admit that it's a bit immature to relish the possibility of defacing a Gophers statue. I sure has heck would rip any Gopher fan that the same in Grand Forks. :D Anything beyond that was my having fun with the nickname. If that's been misconstued then I'll be the first to apologize but I would hope by now there's enough history to make it clear I think the rivalry is fun and should be treated as such. :D

In this particular case I'm responding to posts by Sioux fans talking about defacing a public piece of property on the Gophers campus and trying to justify such behavior.

Holy Cross!!!! You and sagard must really lack senses of humor!! Can't you tell when some one is having fun with an idea that no one is going to follow through with?!?! Most of us don't even live in the same city. Geeze Louise, I didn't think I'd have to come on and point out the obvious. The only reason I am is to not have this great thread closed due to smack!

I had a ball taking all the pictures I did on the campus of UMtc. NO ONE challenged us which made it even more fun! We figured that the sight of a Holy Cross jersey still has a 'stunning' affect on Gopher fans. :D

Com'on already, recognize our posts for what they are, FUN. And accept the fact that Sioux fans are going to have fun with your lose to Holy Cross for a loooong, looooong time! Gotta admit, getting you and sagard going has also made me laugh out loud. :0

Psst, guys, I'm gonna be in the TCs again this weekend...... :D

dagies - it's the pre-season and I'm posting in a thread where Sioux fans have delighted in their newfound second favorite team. In this particular case I'm responding to posts by Sioux fans talking about defacing a public piece of property on the Gophers campus and trying to justify such behavior. If that doesn't fit in with what I consider to be a non-sensical label, and I can't give you guys a little grief about that than mea culpa, but there was no harm meant and perhaps I erred in not including a wink to make it more obvious.

I honestly like this rivalry and all it's cracked up to be because first and foremost the hockey is supreme. The stuff from fans that can even remotely be considered seriously really means very little to me and I try to have as much fun with it as possible. If anyone is being honest with themselves they would admit that it's a bit immature to relish the possibility of defacing a Gophers statue. I sure has heck would rip any Gopher fan that the same in Grand Forks. :0 Anything beyond that was my having fun with the nickname. If that's been misconstued then I'll be the first to apologize but I would hope by now there's enough history to make it clear I think the rivalry is fun and should be treated as such. :D

Why would a Gopher fan wish to deface a Sioux monument in Grand Forks? The NCAA is already trying to do that anyways? :D

Why would a Gopher fan wish to deface a Sioux monument in Grand Forks? The NCAA is already trying to do that anyways? :D

The funny thing is I thought of that exact same reply as I posted. :D

Sioux-cia - I think the concept is funny in theory and even if it went that far it wouldn't be truly upsetting, but I honestly got the impression someone seriously contemplated doing it. If no one honestly did, please hand me a towel to wipe off the egg. :0

Sioux-cia - I think the concept is funny in theory and even if it went that far it wouldn't be truly upsetting, but I honestly got the impression someone seriously contemplated doing it. If no one honestly did, please hand me a towel to wipe off the egg. :0

I honestly was joking. I'm sorry if it was taken in the wrong way. I should have put a ;) up.

I honestly like this rivalry and all it's cracked up to be because first and foremost the hockey is supreme. The stuff from fans that can even remotely be considered seriously really means very little to me and I try to have as much fun with it as possible. If anyone is being honest with themselves they would admit that it's a bit immature to relish the possibility of defacing a Gophers statue. I sure has heck would rip any Gopher fan that the same in Grand Forks. :0 Anything beyond that was my having fun with the nickname. If that's been misconstued then I'll be the first to apologize but I would hope by now there's enough history to make it clear I think the rivalry is fun and should be treated as such. :D

yeah, im really sure someone was going to deface the statue and talk about it, go home or bring something good to the board, please :D

OK, officer slappyyyyyyyyyyyy, wow.............sense of humor my friend, you can buy them at a local store...of yeah, best of luck to the gophs this year ;)

In this particular case I'm responding to posts by Sioux fans talking about defacing a public piece of property on the Gophers campus and trying to justify such behavior.

Relax, we weren't planning to touch Goldie's face. (pun intended). :D:D:0

Actually, 30 years ago I would have thought seriously about it. Today, just wishful thinking due to the price of gas, I'd have to stay up past my bed time, and someone might see me and actually care about what I was doing. But it sure is fun thinking about the possibilities.

I honestly like this rivalry and all it's cracked up to be because first and foremost the hockey is supreme. The stuff from fans that can even remotely be considered seriously really means very little to me and I try to have as much fun with it as possible. If anyone is being honest with themselves they would admit that it's a bit immature to relish the possibility of defacing a Gophers statue. I sure has heck would rip any Gopher fan that the same in Grand Forks. :D Anything beyond that was my having fun with the nickname. If that's been misconstued then I'll be the first to apologize but I would hope by now there's enough history to make it clear I think the rivalry is fun and should be treated as such. :D

You've thrown around your misnomer widely, and used it in accusation of most Sioux fans who justify a Sioux fan perspective, as if it's different than how your own team would look at or justify something. You've created a stereotype, assigned it to Sioux fans, and through repetition others buy into it. Then you come in to our house and talk about us the same way. Do you see me going to GPL and talking about "arrogant" gopher fans? I'm sure that would go over well. For that matter you'd have to work hard to find me using that reference anywhere, and if I have it's been a long time.

I don't have an issue with you making your basic point, but I find your use and timing of the label purturbing. I'm not going to say you shouldn't continue using it because you can do what you want. But I won't feel I've overreacted if I take issue with it here.

Go over to GPL and 2 of the biggest stereotypes about Sioux fans are that we complain incessantly about the refs and now this "halo" thing. Interesting that one could find threads after Gopher losses with Gopher fans whining about the refs too. There's not much difference in the fan base. And on your own board you can basically do what you want. But when you come on to the rivals board, and bring the same junk with you, don't expect to get the red carpet.

You've thrown around your misnomer widely, and used it in accusation of most Sioux fans who justify a Sioux fan perspective, as if it's different than how your own team would look at or justify something. You've created a stereotype, assigned it to Sioux fans, and through repetition others buy into it. Then you come in to our house and talk about us the same way. Do you see me going to GPL and talking about "arrogant" gopher fans? I'm sure that would go over well. For that matter you'd have to work hard to find me using that reference anywhere, and if I have it's been a long time.

I don't have an issue with you making your basic point, but I find your use and timing of the label purturbing. I'm not going to say you shouldn't continue using it because you can do what you want. But I won't feel I've overreacted if I take issue with it here.

Go over to GPL and 2 of the biggest stereotypes about Sioux fans are that we complain incessantly about the refs and now this "halo" thing. Interesting that one could find threads after Gopher losses with Gopher fans whining about the refs too. There's not much difference in the fan base. And on your own board you can basically do what you want. But when you come on to the rivals board, and bring the same junk with you, don't expect to get the red carpet.

Careful now Dagies, you might just hurt poor slappy's feeling's. He may just promise us that he will never post here again if this is how people feel about him. (A promise he never kept, by the way). It feels good to know there are others out there who get tired of this guy.

Careful now Dagies, you might just hurt poor slappy's feeling's. He may just promise us that he will never post here again if this is how people feel about him. (A promise he never kept, by the way). It feels good to know there are others out there who get tired of this guy.

Slappy is a total waste of bandwidth whereever he posts. Of course he's hilarious :D

Don't think Al had Slappy in mind when he invented the internet, or he would have junked the project.

Dagies - I couldn't care less if people call Gopher fans arrogant, here or at GPL. If they do it means either one of two things - they're having fun with the rivalry or they're serious and should simply be ignored. Parise, this is college hockey not WWW III with human lives at stake. :D

As for my supposed latest transgression, I already said mea culpa and apologized for assuming my humor would be interpreted correctly. Next time I'll be sure to bring egg shells. :D

Dagies - I couldn't care less if people call Gopher fans arrogant, here or at GPL. If they do it means either one of two things - they're having fun with the rivalry or they're serious and should simply be ignored. Parise, this is college hockey not WWW III with human lives at stake. :0

As for my supposed latest transgression, I already said mea culpa and apologized for assuming my humor would be interpreted correctly. Next time I'll be sure to bring egg shells. :D

You're right. I overreacted. :D

Dirty/Diggler pulls that act off. You don't.

Go over to GPL and 2 of the biggest stereotypes about Sioux fans are that we complain incessantly about the refs and now this "halo" thing.

You forgot one at least, that they own the REA (Mariucci West), which, I think, arrived with the Gopher succes in the REA during its first year of Sioux hockey. The record since is overlooked, although it's been quieter since the HC game in the REA :D

Dagies - I couldn't care less if people call Gopher fans arrogant, here or at GPL. If they do it means either one of two things - they're having fun with the rivalry or they're serious and should simply be ignored. Parise, this is college hockey not WWW III with human lives at stake. :D

The thing is, I agree with Dagies. I used to feel the same way he did, almost bad for you, because you couldn't say anything without someone jumping down your throat.

Then you went and insulted me over here, and I understood what you were all about.

No one "interprets your humor correctly." You just aren't funny. You stir up the pot, get your shots in, and then you hide behind the "I'm just kidding, guys!" excuse. As if you were good buddies with people here. I don't know, maybe you are. But you know exactly what you're doing when you come here and say what you say, so don't play dumb.

Figure yourself out. If you want to be an instigator, go away. If you really want to get a break around here, you have to lay off your usual antics. No one would react the way they do if they honestly thought you were kidding. You'd be well advised to bring some eggshells for awhile. And there's no smiley face after that one. I'm not kidding.

It's entirely possible to come to this board as a fan of another team and feel like you belong. It's not particularly hard, either. It's even possible to get a few barbs in and have people understand you're kidding. Granted, we can't all be comedic geniuses like I am, but that's neither here nor there.

I will donate you some eggshells to walk on, if you're hard up for cash or something. For crying out loud, get a clue.