SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one thing I miss about the old Ralph...no special locker air-venting...you walked down those stairs and the stink punched you in the nose. Unpleasant at first but it IS history...kind of like Simplot :)

Ew no! Simplot is still nasty. Reminds me of having morning sickness. *gags*

We were in the hallway behind the locker rooms waiting for UND and Northeastern to come out before the game, and you got a GREAT wiff when both teams hit the ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but while listening to KFAN over the lunch hour, I heard Dan the Common Man use part of the Holy Cross radio highlight audio in his introduction. :ohmy:

That's one thing I miss about the old Ralph...no special locker air-venting...you walked down those stairs and the stink punched you in the nose. Unpleasant at first but it IS history...kind of like Simplot :ohmy:

Yep nothing beats the smell of funky uniforms and sweat..

shock doctor has a new bag with a michine that hooks to it to "unstink" your equipment while its in the bag. i think its kinda ridiculous. the smell comes with the game. :D

Don't waste your money! The 'STINK' will mug it, stomp it, and hurt it until it runs away squealing like a pig!!

Question for ya? If Holy Cross is one of your favorite teams. Why were you so fiercley cheering against them the next day? Kinda seems a lil odd? We choked, got beat by a nondescript team, got over it. Its really kinda funny that you can't let go.

you are barking a the wrong tree here... :lol: why cant you just let it go and dont post on the subject, sound sike you cant let it go either...and of course you CLASSY gopher fans would have let it go by now if the shoe was on the other foot..gimme a friken break, come on and be realistic..wowwwwwwwwwwww...yeah, im sure if you holy cross beat the sioux in mariucci then the gophs fans really would have been cheering for them the next day, actually if you were there and maybe you were then you would have seen the whole building cheer loud as hell for holy cross after the game and during it was not like a hatred boo like it would be vs the rodents, nice post though, i knew it would be a matter of time before you jumped on one of the goper subjects since you have started posting.. :lol:;)

Question for ya? If Holy Cross is one of your favorite teams. Why were you so fiercley cheering against them the next day? Kinda seems a lil odd? We choked, got beat by a nondescript team, got over it. Its really kinda funny that you can't let go.

First step to "getting over it", would mean not replying so quick to a post. :lol:

P.S. Good luck with your truck.

No it wasn't odd. I was standing on my feet cheering on the Holy Cross team with goosebumps on my arms and the hair standing up on the back of my neck after the game was over, while they were still on the ice, much like ALL of the people around me. I think the entire Holy Cross delegation was rather impressed with how they were treated in Sioux Land, including how they were treated during and after the Championship game.

Not all of us were cheering fiercely against them the next day! I know that I for one could not bring myself to cheer against them. I can honestly say that if they had beat us, I would have been sad yes but I would have been happy for them because they would have worked hard to do so.

http://www.startribune.com/503/story/498515.html

New wounds, old wounds

United States soccer coach Bruce Arena tried to inspire his players the night before the team's World Cup debut against the Czech Republic by screening the Minnesota-Holy Cross NCAA tournament hockey game. Unfortunately, Arena's stallions decided to channel the Gophers' lackadaisical sleepwalk instead of the Crusaders' passionate victory performance.

BOB CARRINGTON, Eden Prairie

Maybe he showed them a Sioux game before Saturday's match with Italy. :silly:

To all of you waiting for this to go away, TAKE THAT!!! :silly:

Bruce Arena is a Brooklyn, NY guy, graduate of Cornell University, and an All American in soccer and lacross. Don't think he's a Fighting Sioux fan or SiouxSports.com member but ya never know! :D

Edited by Sioux-cia

To all of you waiting for this to go away, TAKE THAT!!! :silly:

Bruce Arena is a Brooklyn, NY guy, graduate of Cornell University, and an All American in soccer and lacross. Don't think he's a Fighting Sioux fan or SiouxSports.com member but ya never know! :lol:

........and he wore a sweatsuit that was really tight to a game once.....it didn't look good.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI for all you loyal Holy Cross fans who were not able to buy the game worn jerseys this spring - or who framed your game worn jersey and want someting to wear - a replica jersey is now available for $75 from the Holy Cross Bookstore. Here's the link.

http://bookstore.holycross.edu/ePOS/this_c...amp;design=426#

Oh and by the way for those of you interested in tracking player development, HC goalie, Tony Quesada, signed with the AHL'S Houston Aeros, the affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild. Don't know how much crossover there is between UM and the NHL fans, but I'll bet they'd love to see him in Minnesota on their side!

http://goholycross.cstv.com/sports/m-hocke.../073106aab.html

Just an FYI for all you loyal Holy Cross fans who were not able to buy the game worn jerseys this spring - or who framed your game worn jersey and want someting to wear - a replica jersey is now available for $75 from the Holy Cross Bookstore. Here's the link.

http://bookstore.holycross.edu/ePOS/this_c...amp;design=426#

Oh and by the way for those of you interested in tracking player development, HC goalie, Tony Quesada, signed with the AHL'S Houston Aeros, the affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild. Don't know how much crossover there is between UM and the NHL fans, but I'll bet they'd love to see him in Minnesota on their side!

http://goholycross.cstv.com/sports/m-hocke.../073106aab.html

Great Post, I hope he has room to paint a little HC reminder on his mask.

oh yeahhhhhhh

quesada_200.jpg

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2006/08/01/1713462.html

The Houston Aeros have signed goaltender Tony Quesada to a contract for the 2006-07 season, the team announced Monday.Quesada, 23, comes off four standout seasons at the College of the Holy Cross, including a 22-6-2 (2.30 GAA) campaign in 2005-06. Quesada helped the Crusaders to arguably the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history last spring, making 35 saves in a 4-3 overtime win over the University of Minnesota.

The Crusaders became the first No. 4 seed to ever take out a top seed, and it was the school's first-ever NCAA tournament victory.