SiouxSports.com Forum

Al's Bus Trip charter to the Frozen Four

mikeypat15

I know that there is a charter flight going down to Milwaukee but for a college student I am not paying 750 a person, from what I just heard on the radio. If i remember correctly last year there was a bus that went down there; 1. does anyone know who organizes that 2. what the tournament ticket package costs, 3. and if there is any student tickets or is it all just one ticket price.

My friends and I are also interested in that and we don't wanna pay that much either.... We are emailing the Alumni people to see if there's any way we could get in on the group without paying so much money: we would take our own cars, and stay at my friend's house that is from there. That probably doesn't answer your question, but you could get in on this with us if you're interested.

Al Pearson puts together bus trips, including last year's Frozen Four to Columbus. If he does it this year, notice will undoubtedly appear in this forum soon.

If you're just looking for individual tickets, it could get tight if Wisconsin wins. In addition to obvious eBay type places, other online message boards to watch and check:

USCHO tickets forums

SiouxSports.com tickets forums

REA ticket exchange

Team that have been eliminated, particularly Minnesota (so close to Milwaukee) could also be good leads:

Gopher Puck Live tickets forum

Been to a dozen Frozen Fours and the ticket situation is highly predictable:

If Wisconsin loses today, there will be tickets outside by the hundreds. I would have absolutely no qualms about travelling the 600 miles and getting them outside the arena day-of-games.

If Wisconsin wins, tickets for the Thursday afternoon semi the non-Badger semi (which is probably us) will be a little harder but still you can expect to be able to get in. If the title is Sioux-Badgers, scalping will be $$$$$. Your best chance will be after Thursday's games to catch fans of losing teams.

If it helps, I would more than likely lock up 2 seats on a bus. I, too, don't want to have to pay out $1500(2 seats) on the plane when I'd be more than happy to road trip on the bus with a bunch of ravid Fighting Sioux Fans!!

Been to a dozen Frozen Fours and the ticket situation is highly predictable:

If Wisconsin loses today, there will be tickets outside by the hundreds. I would have absolutely no qualms about travelling the 600 miles and getting them outside the arena day-of-games.

If Wisconsin wins, tickets for the Thursday afternoon semi the non-Badger semi (which is probably us) will be a little harder but still you can expect to be able to get in. If the title is Sioux-Badgers, scalping will be $$$$$. Your best chance will be after Thursday's games to catch fans of losing teams.

Agree, there's always tickets available outside at good prices, last year I paid well below face for all the games, I got all the tickets before I even parked the car. If I'd waited I could have done even better. I'm driving 9 hours without tickets in hand and I'm not worried about it. Being flexible helps, meaning if you are holding out for 4 together you will have a harder time than 2 doubles. Singles are outright cheap. If you want tickets in the UND corner you'll have to be more creative though, it's tough to get them exactly where you want them. Knowing where our school block is located and an arena chart will make that a lot easier. You might be able to move after the start and get close to our section. Get in the car and go, drive safely and let's bring the biggest crowd.

Agree, there's always tickets available outside at good prices, last year I paid well below face for all the games, I got all the tickets before I even parked the car. If I'd waited I could have done even better. I'm driving 9 hours without tickets in hand and I'm not worried about it. Being flexible helps, meaning if you are holding out for 4 together you will have a harder time than 2 doubles. Singles are outright cheap. If you want tickets in the UND corner you'll have to be more creative though, it's tough to get them exactly where you want them. Knowing where our school block is located and an arena chart will make that a lot easier. You might be able to move after the start and get close to our section. Get in the car and go, drive safely and let's bring the biggest crowd.

Last year seemed especially easy to me because it was in Columbus and there were no local teams. Ticket packages were going for well below face value online before the games.

This one could be different -- it's an hour drive away from UW, the best traveling team in the country. Having lived in Madison for a while and followed the Badgers to Milwaukee and other events, I don't expect tickets to be readily available or cheap on the streets. I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone, rather suggesting that I'd begin working tickets sooner rather than later.

With UND now playing the afternoon semifinal for sure, at least some kind of ticket availability is assured for that first game. (Evening will be a madhouse) I agree with the guys above, settle for singles or doubles, get in, and then find seats together.

If its Sioux-Badgers for the title, and I hope it is, your best bet is right after the games Thursday for fans of losing teams.

With the news that UND is selling 50 tickets to Sioux Crew members only, that this plan has pretty much fizzled out? I have tried contacting Al the last couple of days with no luck. I have left messages for him to call me, but have yet to hear anything. (I'm sure he is being hounded by more people than me, and I have only called twice each day)

Does anyone have any information on the likelihood of this happening?

Thanx!

I've heard that people on the charters aren't even Fighting Sioux Club members.......this could start to get ugly!

Hopefully not true as my mom was told that we probably wouldn't make it because we don't donate enough. Even though My mom and grandma have shelled out the money to do this each time they've sent the charter.

I'm just praying that we can get tickets at least.