SiouxSports.com Forum

Will the band be at the game?

frnkdrcmn

I've spent the last 20 years as an avid Anti-Michigan fan due to my Buckeye football affiliation. The best anti-Wolverine song of all time is "We Don't Give A Damn For The Whole State Of Michigan". If the UM fans and players heard a western version they'd crap themselves. It would be so unexpected they'd drop their jaws.

To do it right you'd need the band's cooperation. It's the song the Ohio State Marching Band plays and sings EVERYTIME they enter a stadium, no matter who they are playing, it's hilarious. UM fans hear it all the time (and hate it) but not out west where they think nobody knows it. It would be a great victory song in place "Na na na".

Here's a link to the song as played by the OSU band. I'd change the "We're from Ohio" part to "We're the Fighting Sioux!" and on each "O-H!" and "I-O!" yell I'd put in the words "Fighting Sioux!"...an extra syllable but it can be done and sound good. Any band members on this board?

http://www.xanga.com/the_wolverine

I've spent the last 20 years as an avid Anti-Michigan fan due to my Buckeye football affiliation. The best anti-Wolverine song of all time is "We Don't Give A Damn For The Whole State Of Michigan". If the UM fans and players heard a western version they'd crap themselves. It would be so unexpected they'd drop their jaws.

To do it right you'd need the band's cooperation. It's the song the Ohio State Marching Band plays and sings EVERYTIME they enter a stadium, no matter who they are playing, it's hilarious. UM fans hear it all the time (and hate it) but not out west where they think nobody knows it. It would be a great victory song in place "Na na na".

Here's a link to the song as played by the OSU band. I'd change the "We're from Ohio" part to "We're the Fighting Sioux!" and on each "O-H!" and "I-O!" yell I'd put in the words "Fighting Sioux!"...an extra syllable but it can be done and sound good. Any band members on this board?

http://www.xanga.com/the_wolverine

Now that is some funny stuff! This would be awesome!

on each "O-H!" and "I-O!" yell I'd put in the words "Fighting Sioux!"...

Rather than Fighting Sioux, just replace it with "Go Sioux!"

It would be great if this were able to happen. Probably too late in the week to try to organize it, but it would be great!

thanks - I'm forwarding this link to a friend who just about fell over when I sent him some home vid from Columbus of an OSU fan making a sign for the Frozen Four championship game last year that spelled out..."MICHIGAN SUCKS!" - even though it was UND and Denver in the Championship game!

thanks - I'm forwarding this link to a friend who just about fell over when I sent him some home vid from Columbus of an OSU fan making a sign for the Frozen Four championship game last year that spelled out..."MICHIGAN SUCKS!" - even though it was UND and Denver in the Championship game!

Yep, no love there at all, the yellow skunk stripe helmets alone are enough to make you say ughh, there's just something about the logo "UM" that's just plain contentious, regardless of which school uses it. The bottoms of the urinals at Ohio Stadium have UM stickers. Check out the photo attached to my name to see how friends don't let friends support Michigan.

I'm a big fan of Michigan football, frnkdrcmn, and have been to several games at The Big House in Ann Arbor. The OSU/UM rivalry is second to none. I hadn't heard the "We Don't Give a Damn About Michigan" song until last night when I played it. It's like the damn Macarena now in my head. :)

Just a little trivia about the helmuts. It seems that a coach of years gone by had the stripes painted on the helmuts as a coaching tool. He could tell where the players were looking during plays and could correct errors as needed. The stripes just ended up as part of the uniform.

I'm a big fan of Michigan football, frnkdrcmn, and have been to several games at The Big House in Ann Arbor. The OSU/UM rivalry is second to none. I hadn't heard the "We Don't Give a Damn About Michigan" song until last night when I played it. It's like the damn Macarena now in my head. :)

:):)

Not that I am not a fan of the Sioux band but will Michigans be there? I have listened to them in about 4 previous regionals and they are amazing....but hopefully they dont have much to be playing about tonight!!

Yes, Michigan's band will be there. Coach said so in an interview.