SiouxSports.com Forum

McDermott goes to Iowa St

teamsioux

I think Mac did sign a new contract and he also said how much he loved it at UNI. They are building a new arena that will seat 7,000 jammed packed people. It's funny watching the fans at UNI. Thay have a whole section called the "MAC ATTACK" and everybody loved him there. I wonder what the fans of UNI and school officials will think of mac now. But money talks. This is another step forward for mac. I believe he was making around 200,000 and now he will be making 750,000. Is that right or did I hear that wrong?

Mac was making 180K until just a few weeks ago a big donor stepped up and they raised his pay to 300K.

He is going to ISU at 650K plus bonus, and obviously with success he will have the opportunity to make more, since wayne morgan was making 750K.

I think it was a great hire for ISU, he fits the mold much better that morgan ever did or would have in fact he is a better fit than Tim Floyd or Larry Eustachy, maybe not as good of recruiter or coach yet as Floyd oe Eustachy, but he will get there and fit in much better with Iowa State.