SiouxSports.com Forum

gophs v badgers

southpaw

wisco scores 3+ minutes in

1-0 wisco, gophers are looking pretty weak and uncoordinated right now.

perhaps playing so many weak teams to end their season inflated their stats.

of course they do, its MEANINGLESS :lol::lol:

of course they do, its MEANINGLESS :lol::lol:

it may not be a bad idea to lose this game if you're the gophers... they'd drop to the #2 overall seed in which they'd play holy cross instead of bemidji. i'd imagine bemidji could give the gophs a run for their money in a home-crowd atmosphere at the ralph.

it may not be a bad idea to lose this game if you're the gophers... they'd drop to the #2 overall seed in which they'd play holy cross instead of bemidji. i'd imagine bemidji could give the gophs a run for their money in a home-crowd atmosphere at the ralph.

If the right teams lose and UND wins the WCHA Final 5 tonight, is there a shot in hell that UND can obtain the #1 seed in the West Region?

If the right teams lose and UND wins the WCHA Final 5 tonight, is there a shot in hell that UND can obtain the #1 seed in the West Region?

i dont think there still is, i think we needed a few teams to tank it early in their playoffs then us to win out, oh well, lets shoot for a high 2 seed!!

i did some playing around and it looks like the best that the sioux can finish is in a tie for 6th place. it may not be eough to send the gophers elsewhere... but with the way umtc is playing, it may not be a bad idea to face them with a home crowd than in the frozen four with a neutral crowd.

mazzaco starting the "this game doesn't really matter much for the gophers. all they'd get is a banner, but they probably wouldn't hang that up."

this game will determine if they get sent to the ralph or if they get shipped out east. the gophs and wisco have a lot to play for. not to mention, going 0-2 right before the ncaa's is not a good thing.

mazzaco starting the "this game doesn't really matter much for the gophers. all they'd get is a banner, but they probably wouldn't hang that up."

this game will determine if they get sent to the ralph or if they get shipped out east. the gophs and wisco have a lot to play for. not to mention, going 0-2 right before the ncaa's is not a good thing.

Woog sounded irritated at that comment and came back with "Yes but you should have the pride to WANT to win every game you step on the ice." That was nice to hear. And it is very true.

Woog sounded irritated at that comment and came back with "Yes but you should have the pride to WANT to win every game you step on the ice." That was nice to hear. And it is very true.

EXACTLY.....what the hell is wrong with these people..what a horse shi$ excuse for fans and announcers

1. you are playing a huge rival and that needs no explaining

2. you are playing for simple PRIDE in your program

3. you may be playing for your location in the ncaa's

4. you may want a little momentum going into the ncaa's

5. fu#$ it, if thats how they look at games like this then thats sads and pathetic, i hope they lose sooo bad

Mazzaco---- the goofs hang every other runner-up banner why not this one?

EXACTLY.....what the hell is wrong with these people..what a horse shi$ excuse for fans and announcers

1. you are playing a huge rival and that needs no explaining

2. you are playing for simple PRIDE in your program

3. you may be playing for your location in the ncaa's

4. you may want a little momentum going into the ncaa's

5. fu#$ it, if thats how they look at games like this then thats sads and pathetic, i hope they lose sooo bad

And that's the reason why the Sioux can sell out an arena when they're having a .500 season, and most other programs will have 1/4 to 1/2 their arena empty. SIOUX PRIDE BABY!