SiouxSports.com Forum

gophs v badgers

southpaw

northern mich and mich are tied after 2 in the ccha 3rd place game. with a tie or win, mich advances to the ncaa tournament. if i'm northern mich and its tied with a minute to go in the game, i'm pulling my goalie and going for the w.

Gopher fans have to be frustrated with their team right now, as they appear to be playing with no heart at all. Maybe they'll carry that over into next weekend. :lol:

actually, most posters on uscho that are gopher fans say this game doesn't matter at all. they say wisco has something to prove this game and taht's why they are playing better. i'm glad i cheer for a team that never says quit.

Thats what the Gopher fans are posting but inside they know their team has peaked and that they have no confidence in their goaltending 4-0 Bucky.

The Sioux on the other hand are right where Hak wanted them at this time of year. Recall that he told the freshmen following the sweep by Bucky that was the bar they needed to get to and they have responded.

actually, most posters on uscho that are gopher fans say this game doesn't matter at all. they say wisco has something to prove this game and taht's why they are playing better. i'm glad i cheer for a team that never says quit.

My oh my, what a difference a day makes!! :lol:

even the gophers pp looks slow and sloppy. someone should find out what percentage of the gophers goals are scored on nhl ice compared to olympic ice. because it seems they are less effective when they dont have so much room.

go ahead, will will be waiting for the answer :lol:

Wow! I didn't expect such uninspired hockey. . . . someone over on GPL said it all. . . ."Minnesota doesn't play for pride, teams like Mankato do a good job at that." I would lump UND in with the teams that do a good job playing for pride and I am rather proud of that! Look where it has gotten them. GO SIOUX!!

A totally lackluster and pathetic performance by the Gophers. Bring that show to The Ralph and it will be a short bus ride home on Friday night. For once I agree with Woog (now that is a rarity), you have to have pride in yourself and play to win. It wasn't just the lackluster effort, the Gophers continuously coughed up the puck all game long.

Maybe Lucia banned the team from Blarney's for the Final Five and that is the excuse. :lol:

Craig Dahl with a great compliment to the Sioux. 'A program that definitely plays with pride. Play for the name on the front of their jerseys, not on the back.'

He had lots of nice things to say about the Sioux to TH during the second intermission, besides the play with pride he said the Sioux have the most skill in the league and that it always wins the big games at this time of the year. Finally, now that he is no longer coaching, he conceded that next to his Huskies the Sioux were always his favorite other team. :lol:

The usual trolls who lurk on this board got to watch the best two freshmen forwards in the NCAA this weekend and I guess it has left them speechless.