SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

What lines will the Sioux roll? How about the BADgers?

well, without fabian and stafford in the lineup would marvin and miller be the guys still? im guessing yes..not sure on the lines though.

im obviously assuming staffords out

Since UND's awakening in Mariucci in January (a team tired from the WJCs and the Anchorage trip got annihilated on Friday and gutted out a big win on Saturday), UND is 10-5, and the details of their performance are encouraging. Here's a rundown:

W 6-3 MSUM - Very solid win

W 4-2 MSUM - Cruising to a solid win, and then a lapse in the closing minutes made it close at the end.

L 1-2 SCSU - The Sioux didn't play real well, and lost a very close game.

L 1-2 SCSU - UND played very well by most accounts, but lost in OT.

W 4-2 CC - Another very solid win. A late CC goal made the score closer.

L 2-3 CC - A tough loss considering UND's third-period lead, but still a very close game.

W 4-0 UMD - A blowout

W 5-1 UMD - Blowout

W 6-2 DU - A dominating win from start to finish.

L 3-7 DU - The only meltdown in this stretch. A third-period lead evaporated under a barrage of PP goals.

W 4-0 MTU - See UMD

W 6-0 MTU - Boom goes the dynamite

L 2-3 MSUM - Similar to the Friday SCSU game, UND lacked intensity but still lost a very tight game in OT.

W 4-1 MSUM - Solid win.

W 3-0 MSUM - Solid win.

In 9 of the 10 wins, UND went into the closing minutes with at least a two-goal lead. Basically, they dominated in their wins. In 4 of the 5 losses, UND lost by just a goal, with two of those in OT. Only the DU loss stands out, but even there UND had a third-period lead. Overall, I think their performance over the last two months should be considered encouraging.

Since UND's awakening in Mariucci in January (a team tired from the WJCs and the Anchorage trip got annihilated on Friday and gutted out a big win on Saturday), UND is 10-5, and the details of their performance are encouraging. Here's a rundown:

W 4-2 MSUM - Cruising to a solid win, and then a lapse in the closing minutes made it close at the end.

L 2-3 CC - A tough loss considering UND's third-period lead, but still a very close game.

W 4-0 UMD - A blowout

W 5-1 UMD - Blowout

L 3-7 DU - The only meltdown in this stretch. A third-period lead evaporated under a barrage of PP goals.

W 4-0 MTU - See UMD

L 2-3 MSUM - Similar to the Friday SCSU game, UND lacked intensity but still lost a very tight game in OT.

W 4-1 MSUM - Solid win.

W 3-0 MSUM - Solid win.

In 9 of the 10 wins, UND went into the closing minutes with at least a two-goal lead. Basically, they dominated in their wins. In 4 of the 5 losses, UND lost by just a goal, with two of those in OT. Only the DU loss stands out, but even there UND had a third-period lead. Overall, I think their performance over the last two months should be considered encouraging.

Excellent post. Let's go Sioux(for today) and kick some Badger tail. It would be great eating breakfast together in anticipation of a Sioux/Gophers final!

Excellent post. Let's go Sioux(for today) and kick some Badger tail. It would be great eating breakfast together in anticipation of a Sioux/Gophers final!

I think UND will win due to the coaching staff. They know how to get the team to peak at the right time (now!) Even with injuries to some key players.

Life is strange. I am scheduled to work a day shift today. That means I will have to miss the Arizona vs. Wisconsin (Go Cats) and UND vs. UW (Go Sioux) games on tv. Bad timing...

I got home from work last night and my wife informed me that our 7 year old daughter was sick and would most likely be missing school today. Well, ya just can't leave a young girl at home by herself. What kind of parenting skills would that show?

God I love that kid! :):lol:

Life is strange. I am scheduled to work a day shift today. That means I will have to miss the Arizona vs. Wisconsin (Go Cats) and UND vs. UW (Go Sioux) games on tv. Bad timing...

I got home from work last night and my wife informed me that our 7 year old daughter was sick and would most likely be missing school today. Well, ya just can't leave a young girl at home by herself. What kind of parenting skills would that show?

God I love that kid! :):lol:

Lucky you!

Ya gotta love that everyone's a SIOUX fan on St. Patty's day!

In Heaven there's no green beer /echo: GREEN BEER!/ ... That's why we drink it here!

and it'll be flowing at BWW in Fargo on 42nd ave today! (at least I hope they have green beer!)

W 4-0 UMD - A blowout

W 5-1 UMD - Blowout

W 4-0 MTU - See UMD

W 4-1 MSUM - Solid win.

W 3-0 MSUM - Solid win.

Hate to be a buzzkill on the parade, but another way to look at it is while the club went 10-5, 9 of those games should have been gimme's. (2MT, 2 UMD, and 5 MSUM) of which they went 9-1. The balance of the games were from midddle to upper level teams in the WCHA (SCSU, DU, and CC) when the club went 2-4. So there is still plenty of work to do. Should be a great game this afternoon. See you there.

:DI am a hockey fan way back to the old quanset hut days. I recall games in the early 60's. Talk about cold ice. But it is my brothers who are the real hockey freaks. One lives in Colorado Springs but is still fighting sioux all the way. The other is in St. Paul and has travelled to every WCHA arena except Alaska. They ought to make him a mascot. He is a legend on the road. He starts cheers when the home team is losing like "Awefull Quiet". It is a miracle he has never been punched but he manages to put the digs in without offending anyone.

I live in Wisconsin, been here since 69 and college. But I dislike the badger fans (the sieve cheer is really bad, "that's debatable" after teams at full strength is somewhat humorous, but they are sickenly sanctimonious). It is time tonite to sit down at the set and watch UND crush them, and get payback for the season losses.

Go sioux!

Devil's advocate would say that it shows that if UND is to win they need to win by 2 or more and tends to lose close games. Not something to hang your hat on if Eelliioott is in top form.

No, he's not... Just thought I'd let ya know...

It sounds like he's resting this weekend... but should be ready for the NCAA Regional Tourney. That seems to be the logical thing to do... from the way the injury sounded at first...we would be very fortunate to have him next weekend.

Devil's advocate would say that it shows that if UND is to win they need to win by 2 or more and tends to lose close games. Not something to hang your hat on if Eelliioott is in top form.

I agree with the comment on the sioux losing close games this season... I'm hoping they come out flying from the get-go and make bucky Badguy play catch-up... they were extremely slow and flat footed at the start of both of the Friday night losses to st clown and kato ...

I'll be lookin for Oshie's first goal at about 3:25 into the game with one by Toews 45 sec. after that!

:huh:I am a hockey fan way back to the old quanset hut days. I recall games in the early 60's. Talk about cold ice. But it is my brothers who are the real hockey freaks. One lives in Colorado Springs but is still fighting sioux all the way. The other is in St. Paul and has travelled to every WCHA arena except Alaska. They ought to make him a mascot. He is a legend on the road. He starts cheers when the home team is losing like "Awefull Quiet". It is a miracle he has never been punched but he manages to put the digs in without offending anyone.

I live in Wisconsin, been here since 69 and college. But I dislike the badger fans (the sieve cheer is really bad, "that's debatable" after teams at full strength is somewhat humorous, but they are sickenly sanctimonious). It is time tonite to sit down at the set and watch UND crush them, and get payback for the season losses.

Go sioux!

Welcome aboard Amigo. Now let's beat those dirty Badgers.

Welcome aboard Amigo. Now let's beat those dirty Badgers.

I never called them dirty altho the name derives from lead minors who lived in the side of hills near Platteville Wisconsin. My disdain was for those high and mighty east side Milwaukee folk who never got on the ice in their life, never knew the joy of playing on outside rinks, who think they can say a few freakin cheers and be true fans. Nobody, Nobody in the world, matches the zeal of UND fans. I heard recently a well known restaurant owner stripped virtually naked at a tail gate party last Jan in the parking lot of the Ralph, to celebrate an initiation of a new drinking member of their hockey clan. The temp outside was below zero and with the windchill, some of these badger fans I know would be experiencing the hidden turtle with certain of their intimate body parts. GO SIOUX, FOREVER. And remember, seven is greater than five.