SiouxSports.com Forum

Prpich Article

CVCL

That was a super article. It will not be the same next year to watch the team without Prp out there agitating. I know he's not the most talented guy, but he brings another dimension to the game. This year he's generally found a way to stay out of the box, and to me he's maximizing his effectiveness, finally.

That was a super article. It will not be the same next year to watch the team without Prp out there agitating. I know he's not the most talented guy, but he brings another dimension to the game. This year he's generally found a way to stay out of the box, and to me he's maximizing his effectiveness, finally.

I agree. He is such an entertaining player to watch on the ice and on the bench. He will be missed by a lot of the fans.

I agree. He is such an entertaining player to watch on the ice and on the bench. He will be missed by a lot of the fans.

He'll definitely be missed by fans - and the next generation of Sioux players. Gotta love that cracked grin when he's done ticking someone off. Any thoughts on who's the next player to try and fill his shoes . . . errrr, skates?

I'll really miss Prpich. I'll miss opposing fans whining about Prpich. He's always fun to watch. But just because he's gone doesn't mean his playing style will go with him, just his flair.

That's why I think Hakstol needs to sit Prpich and Kaip down and have a little "chat." Then Prpich needs to mold Kaip for the rest of the year in an image like his own. :silly:

I really think Rylan Kaip can be the next Mike Prpich for the Sioux.

One of the things about Mike that I really like, and the same thing about Jeffy Panzer was they always had a smile on their faces. You see a scrum and you can see the big smile. It's fun to root for guys who are digging what they are doing.

I would like to see Kaip or Radke most definetly. Though, I would like to see Finley step up and be the Matt Greene I think he could be. Wouldnt it be funny if someone like Spirko became the new Prpich? :silly:

No, I wouldn't call it funny, per se. I'd call it maybe 'surprising' or more likely 'uncharacteristic.' Spirko is a typical European player. Very skating-oriented. He's feisty, but not so much feisty in the physical sence.

I think the logical choices to replace Prpich's playing style rest in Rylan Kaip or MAYBE Matt Watkins. I think Watkins' offensive upside is bigger than Prpich's. He's also a faster skater.

If Kaip can contribute more in the offensive zone, even if it is only a little more than he is now, I think Kaip will definitely become the next Prpich. He has a very similar playing style. He's just struggling in the offensive zone, which is not something that he displayed while in juniors.

I think the logical choices to replace Prpich's playing style rest in Rylan Kaip or MAYBE Matt Watkins. I think Watkins' offensive upside is bigger than Prpich's. He's also a faster skater.

Personally... I enjoyed the b**ch slapping that Radke put on the guy from Mankato a few weeks back. He's got my vote to fill the role. :silly:

just watched the 1982 ncaa title game and archibald and eades were just bad asses in that game. reminds me of prpich a bit the way to pissed people off and how hard they played...lets send prpich off with a sweep of the land cows and then a couple of great games at home in the regional!!

Nobody will replace Prpich, at least not for a while. Prp is a rare combination of grit and attitude. There's plenty of guys who will mix it up with you if they or you want it. There's plenty of guys who will agitate. There are few who blend that with the rare gift of acting like every moment they are on the ice is pure joy, especially when they are agitating or instigating. You can't remake a person's attitude. The Sioux will likely always have players who will stand up for each other. But I think a player with Mike's rare combination of attributes is on you just have to enjoy, and not expect anyone else to try and "be like Mike".

just watched the 1982 ncaa title game and archibald and eades were just bad asses in that game. reminds me of prpich a bit the way to pissed people off and how hard they played...lets send prpich off with a sweep of the land cows and then a couple of great games at home in the regional!!

And the Broadmore