SiouxSports.com Forum

Tony Couture

PHE

Anyone remember Tony Couture? He played goalie for the Sioux in the late 80's. Currently he is the head coach of the Little Falls high school hockey team. They are in their second consecutive state tournament and made it to the semifinals today. Their top scorers are young (a soph and a freshman) so Tony might be building a central Minnesota Class A powerhouse. Oddly, their weakness appears to be playing solid defense which, considering Couture's background, is a surprise.

Anyone remember Tony Couture? He played goalie for the Sioux in the late 80's. Currently he is the head coach of the Little Falls high school hockey team. They are in their second consecutive state tournament and made it to the semifinals today. Their top scorers are young (a soph and a freshman) so Tony might be building a central Minnesota Class A powerhouse. Oddly, their weakness appears to be playing solid defense which, considering Couture's background, is a surprise.

Tony's wife use to waitress for me at Dagwood's, He was in alot what a great guy and good goalie, fell into Gino's doghouse once in a while, but I always thought alot of him. Thanks for the update now I have someone to root for!

He used to cheat of my science papers in 8th grade. :silly: In other words I had the pleasure of being in the same class with him in Intl Falls and he was a good athlete in Football, Baseball and Hockey in High school.

I never say him play as a UND goalie except on television.

For Tony's sake, I hope they didn't count "off" for spelling. :silly:

No offense but no one cheated off my spelling papers. Actually it was one of those classes I just didn't like very much. I still to this day don't know how in the he!! spelling bees are considered sports and warrant ESPN covering them.

For Tony's sake, I hope they didn't count "off" for spelling. :silly:

Career Stats:

Tony Couture (G)

Goalie

Season Team Lge GP Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1988-89 U. of North Dakota NCAA 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0 0 0 0 0.000

1989-90 U. of North Dakota NCAA 24 1401 81 0 0 3.47 16 6 1 0 0.000

1990-91 U. of North Dakota NCAA 29 1598 97 4 0 3.64 15 11 2 681 0.875

I believe former Sioux player Adrian Hasbargen is his assistant. Also, former UND player Ian Kidd is an assistant at Duluth Marshall.