#1- Minn. 4

#4- UND 5

#2- Denver 5

#3- Wisc 3

Saturday Final Five

#1 Minn 7

#3 Wisc 3

#2 Denver ?

#4 UND ? Can we get the back for the last 2 years? I do believe we can!

Minnesota over Alaska in two easy ones.

Denver over Duluth in two easy ones.

Michigan Tech plays hard, but Wisconsin in two.

North Dakota over Minnesota State in two.

Colorado College over St Cloud State in two.

Sioux over Colorado College in the Thursday play-in game.

Denver over Wisconsin in the Friday afternoon game.

North Dakota and Minnesota in what will be an awesome Friday night match-up at the X. Stay tuned.

I agree with MafiaMan's selections, not sure on if 2 or 3 games will be needed on a few. I also look forward to a Sioux-gopher matchup on Saturday night. This time, "The minnesota rule" helps us out.

North Dakota's only chance to play the Gophers on Saturday night would mean that 2 of the 3 teams ahead of the Sioux in the standings would have to lose, thereby knocking UND out of the play-in game and directly into Friday afternoon's semi-finals. Maybe, just maybe, Alaska-Anchorage, Michigan Tech, or UMD could pull off an upset, but I don't see 2 of those 3 doing it.

North Dakota's only chance to play the Gophers on Saturday night would mean that 2 of the 3 teams ahead of the Sioux in the standings would have to lose, thereby knocking UND out of the play-in game and directly into Friday afternoon's semi-finals. Maybe, just maybe, Alaska-Anchorage, Michigan Tech, or UMD could pull off an upset, but I don't see 2 of those 3 doing it.

If the Sioux win the play-in game on Thurs night, they will play the Gophers on Sat night.

If the Sioux win the play-in game on Thurs night, they will play the Gophers on Sat night.

No, they would play the Gophers on Friday night!

Sioux are a 4 seed, so they need to get to a 3 seed to play Gophers on Saturday night. So they only need one of the top 3 seeds to falter, not two. Then they avoid the Thursday play-in game, too.

It will all take care of itself. We just need to keep the momentum going by winning games!

No, they would play the Gophers on Friday night!

Sioux are a 4 seed, so they need to get to a 3 seed to play Gophers on Saturday night. So they only need one of the top 3 seeds to falter, not two. Then they avoid the Thursday play-in game, too.

It will all take care of itself. We just need to keep the momentum going by winning games!

let's say the top five team move on past this first round...

play in game: 5 v 4

afternoon game 3 v 2

evening game: winner 5/4 v 1

5 cc

4 UND

3 wisc

2 denver

1 minny

I agree with MafiaMan's selections, not sure on if 2 or 3 games will be needed on a few. I also look forward to a Sioux-gopher matchup on Saturday night. This time, "The minnesota rule" helps us out.

My mistake, I meant Friday's semifinal game.

I think that there could be an upset between either SCSU and CC or Denver and Duluth. Duluth got waxed against the gophers so they may not have recovered from that. You have to recall that Mich. Tech swept the Badgers just a couple weeks ago then got there a$$e$ kicked by the SIOUX. I still think anything could happen.

But my point is... After the play in round they are re-seeding. So if there is an upset that would potentially mean that we will have a higher seed, unless of course it's the SCSU/CC game.

I would like to see Wis get ousted this weekend. I don't think Denver or CC have the same level of play that they did at this time last year. And the Sioux seem to have gained some momentum. Let's keep it up!

I see a real possibility of CC getting upset this weekend. From there, the probabilities for an upset drop considerably. Best chance for another upset now might be WI going down via MTU. Denver - Duluth matchup I just don't see much chance for Duluth. Their second half has been absolutely ugly (I'm shooting for a kiss of death here). And UM- UAA is probably the absolute lowest chance for an upset.

Things could fall right for the Sioux and they go into the Final Five as a #3 seed. If so, look out! Could be a real fun ride.

You have to recall that Mich. Tech swept the Badgers just a couple weeks ago then got there a$$e$ kicked by the SIOUX.

MTU lost to Wisconsin 5-0 and tied the Badgers 4-4 when they played Feb. 17-18.

I would say the best chance of an upset is at CC, where a goalie can do the worst (best?). Do we know if Sterling is playing yet? If not, CC has lost 2 of their top 6 forwards in the last month or so. Ouch.

After that, then I say Mankato has the next best chance to upset the Sioux.

I don't see UMD getting it done in altitude. Nor do I see Tech or AA having that much success.

I'm still questioning whether or not Wisconsin is back to their early season form, so I think the most probable upset is Tech over Wisco. It's still quite unlikely given what UND did to Tech last weekend, but maybe the Huskies will take some motivation from it, who knows. Wisconsin allowed SCSU, which is rather light on offense, to rack up quite a few shots on goal last week.

I just don't see Denver losing to a Duluth team that has been shutout in 4 of it's past 6 games. Duluth may score 2 goals on the weekend - maybe.

Minnesota advances easily. Potulny could have 40 goals by the end of the weekend :silly:

I'm a little wishy-washy on SCSU/CC, but I'll say it goes to the Tigers in 3. I won't necessarily consider it an upset if SCSU prevails.

UND sweeps Mankato, but I think they'll get a scare tonight.

I'm retarded. UND only needed UMD or Michigan Tech to to pull off a road upset, which would yank UND out of the Thursday play-in game (and potential Friday night Gopher match-up) and put them directly into the semi-finals Friday afternoon. That is the only way they would not play the Gopher Friday night.

Cmon Bulldogs!