SiouxSports.com Forum

Ticketmaster

RedFrog

I can not stand ticketbastard!

I get online this morning, make the call to ticketmaster to get my tickets for this upcoming weekends playoff series with Mankato. I live in Devils Lake, and drove down last year to stand in line when the windows opened, but they opened 10 minutes late, so I figured this year, I'd save the money on gas and just call and order my tickets hopefully being able to hand pick my seats, also bipassing the extra fees that ticketmaster.com adds. Well, after trying the blasted automated ticket ordering with "Kelly" I finally hit the star button to speak to an operator. I get some lady from the DEEP south who would look it up on her computer and tell me that the tickets don't go on sale until Friday. I explained to her that I wanted the series package, and that they go on sale this morning. She replied by telling me that they go on sale on Friday, and there is nothing she can do unless her computer releases the information. By this time, I had already jumped on the PC and had tickets reserved on-line. I explained this to the lady, and she still insisted that the tickets do not go on sale until Friday. Finally fed up, I hang up with her, hit submit on my order in waiting, and take the $16+ hit in fees from ticketmaster.com.

Ok, I feel a little better.....with gas, it would have cost me about $20 to drive to Forks and back...why doesn't the ralph have it's own boxoffice number where you can place ticket orders?

I ended up getting tickets in section 116 row C Seats 21 & 22, could anyone tell me if these are behind the Sioux Bench, or off to the side of the bench? Thanx!!

I get online this morning, make the call to ticketmaster to get my tickets for this upcoming weekends playoff series with Mankato. I live in Devils Lake, and drove down last year to stand in line when the windows opened, but they opened 10 minutes late, so I figured this year, I'd save the money on gas and just call and order my tickets hopefully being able to hand pick my seats, also bipassing the extra fees that ticketmaster.com adds. Well, after trying the blasted automated ticket ordering with "Kelly" I finally hit the star button to speak to an operator. I get some lady from the DEEP south who would look it up on her computer and tell me that the tickets don't go on sale until Friday. I explained to her that I wanted the series package, and that they go on sale this morning. She replied by telling me that they go on sale on Friday, and there is nothing she can do unless her computer releases the information. By this time, I had already jumped on the PC and had tickets reserved on-line. I explained this to the lady, and she still insisted that the tickets do not go on sale until Friday. Finally fed up, I hang up with her, hit submit on my order in waiting, and take the $16+ hit in fees from ticketmaster.com.

Ok, I feel a little better.....with gas, it would have cost me about $20 to drive to Forks and back...why doesn't the ralph have it's own boxoffice number where you can place ticket orders?

I ended up getting tickets in section 116 row C Seats 21 & 22, could anyone tell me if these are behind the Sioux Bench, or off to the side of the bench? Thanx!!

Your seats are behind the players bench, more behind the Sioux bench than the visitors. Good seats. AND your high enough so the 'sweet smell of hockey boy' won't knock you out!! :lol:

That's strange that those seats weren't part of someone's season ticket package, considering where they are... very surprising.

In any event, nice grab on some good tickets! ;) And you'll definitely get "a whiff" being in row C. :lol:

That's strange that those seats weren't part of someone's season ticket package, considering where they are... very surprising.

In any event, nice grab on some good tickets! :) And you'll definitely get "a whiff" being in row C. :lol:

That's what I was thinking, I figured we'd be in 108 or 109 like last year, as the students season tickets does not include playoffs. Overall, I'm pleased with the seats, and for the price...My daughter and I are only paying $20/ticket for a 2 game series...game 3 would be free. ;)

It's always nice to have a "Youth"

OFF TOPIC QUESTION

for the west regional will the students get a shot at some of the tickets. i know regular season ticket holders got a shot at theirs. or is it like any other regional where each team gets a corner of the stadium for their traveling fans and everything else not taken up from the season ticket holders will be sold to the general public??

In any event, nice grab on some good tickets! ;) And you'll definitely get "a whiff" being in row C. :lol:

Season ticket holders can turn in tickets for games they won't be attending rather than trying to sell them themselves.

OFF TOPIC QUESTION

for the west regional will the students get a shot at some of the tickets. i know regular season ticket holders got a shot at theirs. or is it like any other regional where each team gets a corner of the stadium for their traveling fans and everything else not taken up from the season ticket holders will be sold to the general public??

From what I know the playoff tickets for this weekend are available to students in sections 108 & 109 for $25. As for West regional tickets, they were not available to students in those sections as far as i know.

OFF TOPIC QUESTION

Students had until October 31st to buy them in their standard student section for a reduced price of $49. After that, it was all opened to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. I'm guessing not too many students opted at the opportunity to purchase them ahead of time for a discounted price.

OFF TOPIC QUESTION

Actually, the students had the option of buying Regional tickets at the same time as the regular season ticket holders, in the current student section.

October 10th - October 31st: UND students

* UND students will have an opportunity to purchase tickets in the current UND student section. These tickets will be available at a reduced student-rate of $49 until Oct. 31 and may be purchased only at the Ralph Engelstad Arena box office with a current UND student ID. Limit one ticket per ID.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/mhocke...RELEASE_ID=4116

I know that I got my tickets, and the people that I normally go to the games with did as well. I think there will be a good showing of students...

Wow... I didn't have any idea. (as if I'd turn them in anyway :lol: ) Thanks for the info! ;)

I have regional tickets and cannot go on Saturday the 25th due to a 90th birthday party in the family. So I read the comments above and called the REA ticket office. Their response was "No we do not take tickets back, we cannot refund the money, and we cannot resell tickets".

So if you can't use the tickets you'll need to do like me and look for another UND fan to buy them so you are assured a Gopher fan is not sitting in your seats. :)

Umm yeah I didn't get my seats either despite the fact that my friend was the first person in line. I hate The Ralph. They are so goddamn incompetant and lazy. Phuck them. ;)

you are getting tix though diggler, right??

Yeah, I got very good seats on the glass. It's the principle of it though. Every time I go to buy tickets they tell me I can't pick my seat or tell me it's all GA or they open late or this or that. EVERY TIME. I've had to buy two sets of tickets a few times because of the mistakes they make. Even though they made the mistake, I still have to buy another set of tickets because they won't give refunds or exchanges. It's a load of crap. They are NEVER prepared when tickets go on sale, don't apologize for their mistakes and instead all but dismiss them. It really pisses me off because they really just plain and simple don't care. They get their money and that's all that matters to them. Customer service and satisfaction are foreign concepts to REA.

Yeah. It's the principle of it though. Every time I go to buy tickets they tell me I can't pick my seat or tell me it's all GA or they open late or this or that. EVERY TIME. I've had to buy two sets of tickets a few times because of the mistakes they make. Even though they made the mistake, I still have to buy another set of tickets because they won't give refunds or exchanges. It's a load of crap. They are NEVER prepared when tickets go on sale and it really pisses me off.

i hear ya man, sounds like a monkey circus over at the ralph. anyways just making sure you got tix.. see ya at the ralph..

I have regional tickets and cannot go on Saturday the 25th due to a 90th birthday party in the family. So I read the comments above and called the REA ticket office. Their response was "No we do not take tickets back, we cannot refund the money, and we cannot resell tickets".

So if you can't use the tickets you'll need to do like me and look for another UND fan to buy them so you are assured a Gopher fan is not sitting in your seats. :0

Sorry, my bad. I know that regular season tickets can be turned in to the box office if the season ticket holder isn't going to attend the games. I thought it would apply to the Regionals as well. ;)

I've never done it but was told about this 'perk' (ha) by someone who did.

I've got a story on how bad the Ralph box office is. My friend and I who are students here at UND decided that we wanted to go to the series this year in St Cloud. We went to the Ralph to purchase our tickets on Tuesday and we were told that the person in charge of tickets for the away series was working in the Betty at the basketball game, could we come back the next day. We agreed. We went back on Wedensday afternoon and spoke to an older women (non-college student). We were told that we could purchase our tickets right then and we paid. However when she went into the little back room to get the tickets she came back with nothing. She explained that she wasn't in charge of the tickets, and there were two piles and she didn't know which ones had been sold, and which ones she could give out. She asked if we could come back later in the day. We told her that both of us had class until after they were closed, but that we would be back tomorrow (Thursday) morning to pick up our tickets. We returned on Thursday, our third trip there, and explained to a new person that we had purchased tickets, but they didn't give them to us because they didn't know which ones to give out. They took our names, went into the back room and talked to another person. We could tell that it wasn't going to be good, and when they came back out we were right. We were informed that our tickets had been sent with the team to St Cloud that morning, and that we could pick them up there. We had no receipt or proof that we had these tickets and were nervous about driving all the way to St Cloud and being told that we had no tickets. In the end it turned out alright, our tickets were there... but there is absolutly no reason that it should have taken us four tries to get our tickets!

How much of a kickback does TicketBa$tard give to the Ralph for pimping their tickets?

You have to pay $46.50 for $37.50 tickets ($2.25 facility fee and $6.75 convenience charge)

Is the $2.25 the kickback to REA for selling the ticket? And 6.75 the TM gross profit (14.5% margin) not that TM even has to carry any costs for purchasing the actual tickets!!! :lol:

I'd think they are ripe for some competition! ;)