Women's Hockey

supersioux

Women's Hockey  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is this program going in the right direction

• Yes
    • No

Is That you Mr rivard?

The Woosters have left because of RIVARD!

If you dont believe me call them.

They have called the GF paper requesting that they publish the true story

about why they left.

It has not been done, as you know.

If you really do not know what is going on dont

tell lies to the rest of us!

Thanks

sorry that was a little intense!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hockey Mom, was that you two rows behind the Sioux bench with the Hockey Family?

Nope. We were parked on the corner of the goal the Sioux defended twice........on the glass until Mini Me decided she wanted move back a few rows after the first period.

I was impressed that when the Sioux got down, they didn't give up. That says a lot about the young team. Once Manitoba let that second goal by, their goalie turned into a sieve.

A lot of penalties tonight. I like the way Bowers won't back down to anyone. I can't remember exactly, but didn't Manitoba score two of their goals on 5-3's? I know for sure it was at least one. Kind of a tough way to play. Sioux did a decent job on the penalty kill.

Defense had a couple of nice plays which could have easily resulted in breakaway goals early in the game. They definately played their best hockey in the 3rd.

The money / revenue issue, I'm not really buying as any kind of big influence or motivation when it comes to a can / can't coach, keep coach or dump coach question. I'm pretty sure women's hockey is a big loser for every D-I team...powerhouses included. Thank God these institutions support women's hockey under those unfortunate circumstances. Nobody's filling their buildings for games and I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon no matter how good your team may be. UND's situation could be aggravated by the fact they may not have other sports generating sufficient revenue to help offset...like the Big 10 schools maybe. I assume UND men's hockey makes a decent profit. The point is I wouldn't expect a new coach to turn the program into a money maker even if the Sioux become a national power, which is something I do expect to happen eventually.