SiouxSports.com Forum

Paukovich at it again!

SportsDoc

The hit on Sterling was clean. However, Punkawimp laid his typical classless cheapshot when he drilled a guy into the boards after an iceing call. Not suprising, no call from Shepard. Also, there was a serious hit from behind by CC player that was called as two minute cross check instead of 5 minute major. Hit was much worse than hits that DQ'd Fabian and Finley last weekend. I'll all for the major, but there has to be some kind of consistency on how it is called.

CC had another player go head first into the boards during the 2nd period of the Saturday night game. He was actually the checker, but ended up between the boards and the DU player. Bounced off and went head first in.

I got to see the game because I was out in Colorado Springs on business this week. Paukovitch is a cheap goon regardless of who is playing and it would take a player like Mike Commodore to sort him out. I would pay to see something like that. :lol: Shepard was at his best/worst depending on your view for this series, calling penalties that didn't exist and letting blatant fouls go. Although one could argue that CC benefited from some of his calls or lack thereof, it was the timing which hurt as they often created the momentum shifts that allowed DU back into the game they eventually won. After watching a game without my Sioux glasses on, it almost seems to me that Shepard seems to like to control the outcome of a game. :whistling:

Also, there was a serious hit from behind by CC player that was called as two minute cross check instead of 5 minute major. Hit was much worse than hits that DQ'd Fabian and Finley last weekend. I'll all for the major, but there has to be some kind of consistency on how it is called.

I saw the hit and said--OH HERE WE GO. Score was tied at the time--and I thought for sure that Branigan was going to be gone for the remainder of the game. Didn't happen that way, but the result was the same. :whistling:

I didn't see the Punko hit on Sterling, but Coach Owens is not fuming about it, and I'll defer to him.

You could see Shepard telling the Pie-in-ear player that "he turned"

I've seen other discussions on "drawing" the 5 min major on this board. I'm all for the major too; however, if you turn to put yourself in danger, then shouldn't you be called for unsportsmanlike conduct too? After all, if you embelish a tripping/slashing/interference they can call unsportsmanlike.

I have a hard time believing CC fans thought a hit was clean. They boo the refs every time one of their players get touched.

You've obviously been hanging around the wrong fans. There are fans that thing that everything bad that happens to their players is a penalty, but everything bad that happens to the other team is "just good hockey." I don't call all Sioux fans idiots because of the actions of one idiot in Denver. Why do you group all CC fans in as "know nothing, my team is perfect." Fans?