SiouxSports.com Forum

Update the PWR already would ya!

UNDLAW

#3 seed, #4 seed, whatever......that's not the point. The point is that when we get in at GF, what will/can/should/could the NCAA do about having MN in the same regional. My point is (and of course this is all based on big assumptions that we/MN even win), is it more beneficial to have UND-MN face each other in a regional final or in the Frozen Four? And, does the NCAA even have any subjective power to do anything about it. UND-MN games are huge for ratings/revenue etc, but how/when/where would that possible matchup best benefit the NCAA? I am not referring to any first round matchups. If I need to book a flight across the country to tell someone this face to face with the help of a diagram, please let me know.

hey rook, why dont you chill out and relax, wow....if some of us knew thew answers then we would probably answer them right away for you. getting a little chippy with the "ILL FLY ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND DRAW A DIAGRAM" :D:D way to ask nicely....

i guess i would be like that as well if i lived in the ATL :lol:

seriously, hope you get your questions answered soon..

hey rook, why dont you chill out and relax, wow....if some of us knew thew answers then we would probably answer them right away for you. getting a little chippy with the "ILL FLY ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND DRAW A DIAGRAM" :D:D way to ask nicely....

i guess i would be like that as well if i lived in the ATL :lol:

seriously, hope you get your questions answered soon..

Guys,

Easy on the ATL.....are you implying there's something wrong with driving around 5mph on 10 lane interstate highways in bumper to bumper traffic with 28" spinners on "my feet"?.......that shutting down a city when it snows .01 inches is not the right thing to do?.........but please do remember, I have the benefit of watching one of the top 3 creative players in the world (Kovalchuk) play, while playing 18 holes on the same day......... :wink.gif

#3 seed, #4 seed, whatever......that's not the point. The point is that when we get in at GF, what will/can/should/could the NCAA do about having MN in the same regional. My point is (and of course this is all based on big assumptions that we/MN even win), is it more beneficial to have UND-MN face each other in a regional final or in the Frozen Four? And, does the NCAA even have any subjective power to do anything about it. UND-MN games are huge for ratings/revenue etc, but how/when/where would that possible matchup best benefit the NCAA? I am not referring to any first round matchups. If I need to book a flight across the country to tell someone this face to face with the help of a diagram, please let me know.

I think I see what you are asking...Is it more beneficial for the NCAA to have UND and MN play in the regionals at Grand Forks or potentially in the Frozen Four right?

By looking at the PWR rankings, with MN being #1 they are basically automatically placed as close to home as possible for them, giving them what home-ice advantage they could have. The NCAA already gets a good-size chunk of the revenue from UND/REA for hosting the event(i.e. Ticket Sales), so it doesn't really effect the NCAA so much in terms of revenue I don't believe. They want whats best for the regional sites, since the Frozen Four you can almost bank on everybody with a ticket showing up regardless of what teams are there. Where as at the Regional sites, if you don't have 4 teams from the area, attendance will be lacking which will affect the NCAA revenue more than anything.

I think I see what you are asking...Is it more beneficial for the NCAA to have UND and MN play in the regionals at Grand Forks or potentially in the Frozen Four right?

By looking at the PWR rankings, with MN being #1 they are basically automatically placed as close to home as possible for them, giving them what home-ice advantage they could have. The NCAA already gets a good-size chunk of the revenue from UND/REA for hosting the event(i.e. Ticket Sales), so it doesn't really effect the NCAA so much in terms of revenue I don't believe. They want whats best for the regional sites, since the Frozen Four you can almost bank on everybody with a ticket showing up regardless of what teams are there. Where as at the Regional sites, if you don't have 4 teams from the area, attendance will be lacking which will affect the NCAA revenue more than anything.

Exactly. But, is it really "home ice advantage" for UMN if they have to play us on our turf? Depends on who you ask. I bet if you asked MN, they would much rather play anyone out East AT out East than us in GF. WI has already peaked this year. MN is peaking right now. I think it may be someone else's turn to peak come 4-5 weeks from now...... :D

If UMN is a #1 seed and UND is a #4 seed, then UMN could NOT be placed at the REA because then the first round matchup (where the #1 seed plays the #4 seed) would be inter-conference. They won't allow two teams from the same conference to play each other in the first round (which means that UW wouldn't be placed here either).

Now, I agree that if UND makes it into the tourney, they will more than likely be a #3 seed, which means that UMN could definitely get placed in the REA regional with the Sioux.

So we lose tonight. But we got a lot of help. OSU, BC, Mich., Omaha all go down to defeat. BU/vermont tie and Mich st. ties along with SCSU. Not sure if that helps.

Also, NH wins along with Miami and Mankato could be the biggest help to the Sioux.

Bad news is that we lost. Could've cemented ourselves in the tourney with a win. Also BSU loses, Maine wins and Fairbanks wins.

I think we should be still in the top 14 even with the loss, but lets see what happens when eveything is updated.

A sweep of Tech is a must to get the Northern Mich. comparison.

Looks like we have an update. We are now tied for 9th, but ahead of the 4 teams we are tied with.

While we were still playing (but others done) we were tied for 10th, so not sure how we moved up when we (and Gophers) were the only game still going on, but it happened.

In spite of the loss, a few comparisons tipped in the Sioux's favor, and Mankato apparently became a TUC. A good weekend for the Sioux, in spite of the third period meltdown.

CCHA is falling, as the Sioux picked up the Michigan and UNO comparisons. They also now have Cornell, BC, and Maine (any of these may have turned last night, not sure)

In spite of the loss, a few comparisons tipped in the Sioux's favor, and Mankato apparently became a TUC. A good weekend for the Sioux, in spite of the third period meltdown.

CCHA is falling, as the Sioux picked up the Michigan and UNO comparisons. They also now have Cornell, BC, and Maine (any of these may have turned last night, not sure)

Apparently? They swept Wisconsin! I'd say they're a TUC.

I put this question in another post to bracketologists out there.

Is there any scenario where the Sioux get white-hot and run the table, including the final 5, and get a #1 seed and knock MN out of the West region?

Almost mathematically impossible. BUT, the Sioux could get a #4 seed and force Minnesota out of Grand Forks...

I put this question in another post to bracketologists out there.

Is there any scenario where the Sioux get white-hot and run the table, including the final 5, and get a #1 seed and knock MN out of the West region?

If the Sioux win out and add a 5-0 to their TUC and ramp up their RPI, they would have a shot at a number one. It would depend on how UW, Miami and BU did in their tourneys.

I think they have a lot better shot at missing the tourney then being a number one seed FWIW. :silly: