SiouxSports.com Forum

You heard it hear first

deedub

I'm hopeful but not as sold as you are. The Gophers were a completely different team without Irmen in the lineup last time. The MTU goalie looks to be a very dangerous opponent. I'd be thrilled with a sweep, happy with three points, disappointed with a split, getting ready for the post season with one point or fewer.

You are one odd cookie, sagard.

Take out the fact that Michael-Lee Teslak is the reigning WCHA Defensive POTW, it's not going to matter. Irman is a big part of the Gophers but will that matter vs. MTU? I can see which perspective you are talking about, I mean, why would UW swoon after losing only one player to injury? In any case, no freaking way will MTU even TIE this weekend. They dont' have the team D nor do they have the ability to finish like the Gophers do.

Dude, the Gopher passing game alone will beat MTU.

The only bold prediction I'm inclined to make involves special teams. I think there's a possibility that UMN leaves on Saturday having a weekend PP success rate of over 80% with 100% success on 5x3 PPs should they get them.

The only other one I could imagine is that MTU will not land a shot on goal in any of their PP opportunities this weekend, but that may be stretching it. I mean, Briggs might get a few scuffs on the logo a few times so that's no deal.

You are one odd cookie, sagard.

Take out the fact that Michael-Lee Teslak is the reigning WCHA Defensive POTW, it's not going to matter. Irman is a big part of the Gophers but will that matter vs. MTU? I can see which perspective you are talking about, I mean, why would UW swoon after losing only one player to injury? In any case, no freaking way will MTU even TIE this weekend. They dont' have the team D nor do they have the ability to finish like the Gophers do.

Dude, the Gopher passing game alone will beat MTU.

The only bold prediction I'm inclined to make involves special teams. I think there's a possibility that UMN leaves on Saturday having a weekend PP success rate of over 80% with 100% success on 5x3 PPs should they get them.

The only other one I could imagine is that MTU will not land a shot on goal in any of their PP opportunities this weekend, but that may be stretching it. I mean, Briggs might get a few scuffs on the logo a few times so that's no deal.

I'd love for you to be spot on. However I've seen the Gophs give away points to MTU and AA far too often to bank them ahead of time. That or I'm just gun shy after last years debacle at Mariucci. Mankato is the team I've been booking four pts against ahead of time.

I'd love for you to be spot on. However I've seen the Gophs give away points to MTU and AA far too often to bank them ahead of time. That or I'm just gun shy after last years debacle at Mariucci. Mankato is the team I've been booking four pts against ahead of time.

You should stop using guns like these and you'll be fine.

Don't monkey around, dude. Just give in!

As Sagard said it is too easy to remember what happened last year vs. Tech to be too confident. Not to mention Tech has already knocked off two #1 teams this year (Wisco, Mich). Minnesota comes into Carnival weekend with the #1 ranking, Tech is 3-2-1 in their last three series, I think the Gophers could get trapped for a game or two. I also would be thrilled with a sweep, satisfied with three. On the positive the Mankato/Denver game starts just as the Gopher game ends, looks like a doubleheader for first place! Go Freaking Mavs!

ug, what a trip, only one person w/ alcohol poisoning, no one went to jail and we pulled three points out of tech. GOD I love that roadtrip.....peopel are nice as can be, the beer is cheap and good and you can walk to about anywhere post game and not worry about driving...

Fri night Briggs played like poop, and Saturday Nolan played like a rock star....We need Irmen back

WPoS

ug, what a trip, only one person w/ alcohol poisoning, no one went to jail and we pulled three points out of tech. GOD I love that roadtrip.....peopel are nice as can be, the beer is cheap and good and you can walk to about anywhere post game and not worry about driving...

Fri night Briggs played like poop, and Saturday Nolan played like a rock star....We need Irmen back

WPoS

I was a little surprised to see Tech tie you on Sat. Speaking of Irmen, that got me thinking of Sonmor because he interviewed Irmen between periods on Sat afternoon.

During the game, Tech scored a goal which was waved off because the whistle had apparently blown. They went to review the play, and Sonmore says to Wally "Don't you get the sense we're going to get the shaft here?". :)

I don't want to turn this into commentary about homer announcers. That thread has already been done and frankly MN's announcers don't bother me. I just thought this comment by Glen was worth a mention as it made me laugh.

WPoS

you guys need irmen back and we need to win 5 of the last 6 very games badly :)

I was a little surprised to see Tech tie you on Sat. Speaking of Irmen, that got me thinking of Sonmor because he interviewed Irmen between periods on Sat afternoon.

During the game, Tech scored a goal which was waved off because the whistle had apparently blown. They went to review the play, and Sonmore says to Wally "Don't you get the sense we're going to get the shaft here?". :)

I don't want to turn this into commentary about homer announcers. That thread has already been done and frankly MN's announcers don't bother me. I just thought this comment by Glen was worth a mention as it made me laugh.

I listened to a little of the game on my way to the Toby Keith concert at the X. Yea - they sure are homers all right - no worse than any others I've heard though.

Actually, while I was listening, two plays were reviewed during the second period. Both were reviews of possible Gopher goals including the whistle before the goal. Both were called NO goals for the Gophers.

I agree with the assessment on Irmen - he is what makes the Gophers as good as they are.

During the game, Tech scored a goal which was waved off because the whistle had apparently blown. They went to review the play, and Sonmore says to Wally "Don't you get the sense we're going to get the shaft here?". :lol:

actually, the whislte was CLEARLY blown before the puck went in, maybe even up to a full second. I was all nervous and let down when I heard the whistle and then Albers suddenly sttarts signaling a goal. My seat was on the glass right by the Gopher bench/tunnel so I had a excellent view of the whole procedings. Sadly, Lucia had to point out you can't review a goal that occured after a whislte was blown, because as soon as he got the linesman to point that out to Albers, Albers got back on the ice fast and resumed play.

WPoS