Erik Fabian

Rastislav Spirko

Matt Smaby

Brian Lee

Travis Zajac

Mike Prpich

Drew Stafford

Jordan Parise

The list is in decending order with Jordan being the highest on the poll at 44th place, looks like our boys need some help, so get out there and vote. Fans are allowed to vote once a day until March 5th. You can cast your vote at Hobey Baker Poll

I apologize in advance if I missed anyone, it's a really long list.

GO SIOUX!!!

I'm already with you. I've been voting since it opened, when it was still open to any player on all the teams.

GO SIOUX!!! We need a Hobey.

we will have a serious hobey contender in 1 or 2 years with oshie...for now, don't think so..

This is a bad attitude I have, but look:

If Jeff Panzer couldn't win the Hobey, then the only way we'll have another Sioux hobey winner is if someone puts up as good or better numbers than Tony Hrkac.

So, as much as I love Oshie and crew, the answer is: None of the above that are listed will win the Hobey.

If Jeff Panzer couldn't win the Hobey, then the only way we'll have another Sioux hobey winner is if someone puts up as good or better numbers than Tony Hrkac.

So, as much as I love Oshie and crew, the answer is: None of the above that are listed will win the Hobey.

You mean this year, or any year? If you mean this year, then that's obvious. Not one member of the Sioux team is playing at a Hobey level, IMO.

If you mean no one on that list EVER could, then you and I disagree.

You mean this year, or any year? If you mean this year, then that's obvious. Not one member of the Sioux team is playing at a Hobey level, IMO.

If you mean no one on that list EVER could, then you and I disagree.

The None of the Above comment is for this year.

I think for the future, it will be VERY difficult for a UND player to win it, but not impossible.

Disagreed.

First off, I don't think that in the modern era of college hockey that any player will come close to duplicating the points that Hrkac put up.

Of the list above, I would say that these players have a decent possibility of winning the Hobey in future years:

T.J. Oshie (if he stays around until his jr year)

Jonathan Toews (same as Oshie)

Rastislav Spirko

Brian Lee (same as Oshie)

Travis Zajac

Drew Stafford

Come on people. We are getting our butts handed to us by a group of people who don't deserve it. How do Nebraska-Omahd players have some of the top spots. They have a cake schedule compared to WCHA teams. We should put forth a greater effort to ensure that the toughest conference in the league be represented in the top of the hobey voting. With the number of people on this forum alone, we should have some contenders in at least the top ten.

I'd like to know what goes into the voting. The year Leopold won it, he obviously deserved it, but it was curious that Pohl led the country that year in points and didn't make the final cut?? The other point is that players who get their points playing in a league like the WCHA are perhaps better than those who collect theirs' in the ECAC or the CHA. Then again, if you want to nit pick, if you compared Oshie's non-conference points to his WCHA points how would he look? Maybe the whole thing is just a popularity contest...who actually does the voting?

Who won the Hobey in Panzer's senior year? Panzer was a great college hockey player.

I'd like to know what goes into the voting. The year Leopold won it, he obviously deserved it, but it was curious that Pohl led the country that year in points and didn't make the final cut?? The other point is that players who get their points playing in a league like the WCHA are perhaps better than those who collect theirs' in the ECAC or the CHA. Then again, if you want to nit pick, if you compared Oshie's non-conference points to his WCHA points how would he look? Maybe the whole thing is just a popularity contest...who actually does the voting?

Who won the Hobey in Panzer's senior year? Panzer was a great college hockey player.

There is a lot more to the Hobey than how many points you score, and who you score them against. Of course you being such a good college hockey fan already knew that. I don't know why we are even discussing it. Didn't phil the thrill already get the ROTY, Hobey Baker, All World MVP, and Bestest Hockey Player Ever Award, automatically handed to him the day he announced (at his very own press conference) that he was going to be a goopher ? We will just have to wait until next year for one of our guys to have a chance I guess.

There is a lot more to the Hobey than how many points you score, and who you score them against. Of course you being such a good college hockey fan already knew that. I don't know why we are even discussing it. Didn't phil the thrill already get the ROTY, Hobey Baker, All World MVP, and Bestest Hockey Player Ever Award, automatically handed to him the day he announced (at his very own press conference) that he was going to be a goopher ? We will just have to wait until next year for one of our guys to have a chance I guess.

fairly aggressive reply to an honest question......

Whatever, you didn't read his post very well.

did you read his post or are you just angry about any gopher fan posting on here??

i didn't read it as an attack at anyone from the sioux, i read it as someone who is actually curious how it works, and used a sioux player in his theoretical equation...........and then asked his original question, no mallice, and then said one of the most popular players in Sioux Hockey history was robbed for the hobey.

IMO. The most recent Sioux player that should have won the Hobey was Jason Blake (I believe Krog from NH won it that year. Definitly not as complete a player as Blake), then Panzer second. Miller was tough to beat that year.

There's no one on this year's team worthy of being even considered as a finalist. Stafford could have a shot next year if he returns and plays more consistently. Oshie in 2 years.

This year my pick is Matt Carle.

I fail to see the relevance of how many points you score and against who, in considering the Hobey, as far a a popularity contest that statement just sounded stupid. I also agree that Panzer was a great college hockey player.

Well, if you fail to see the relevance then you must have the answer to my original query...how is the Hobey Baker candidate selected? Surely, points scored or GAA (in the case of a goaltender) has something to do with it...that, or it's an astonishing coincidence that only the top college hockey point producers are also the "most popular" hockey players! :lol: And, wouldn't it follow that if performance does factor in that the competition against whom one performs must also count for something? If a player in the CHA, for example, had as many points as a player in the WCHA, all other factors notwithstanding, wouldn't it just seem to make more sense to give the trophy to the guy from Minnesota or North Dakota than the dude from (gasp) Wayne State?

Come on, don't keep me guessing...instead of criticizing me for laying down preposterous theories and accusing me of sounding stupid why not just fill me in on how the system works...or do you need time to Google that?