SiouxSports.com Forum

Muscatine Community College - The Indians no More

MafiaMan

A mascot committee will meet Thursday to review the suggestions. Some early entries include Cardinals, River Hawks, The Fire, Falcons, River Bandits, Mavericks and Rebels.

So they want to change their Hostile and Abusive name to another just as much or possibly even more Hostile and Abusive name?!?! :p

Everywhere I go, George W. seeps in somewhere. :p

GW is not part of this discussion. And IMHO does not belong anywhere in the SiouxSports.com forum. Invoking his name causes members to go off on tangents that have nothing to do with the topics being discussed (to date).

I thought of "hostile and abusive" when I saw the name "Rebels" as a choice. Yea, that doesn't offend anybody, does it? The first thing most people (well, at least some of those with a knowledge of US history) think of when they hear the word 'rebel' is the Civil War.

It takes more balls to admit you were wrong, than it does to just keep on what you're doing. Just look at George W. and his war.

Looking at Muscatine's reasoning, e.g., fear of possible NC$$ sanctions similar to what Myles Brand and his band of hypersensitive misfits are struggling to articulate with a straight face to the nation, UND, Illinois, etc., I see nothing to support your erroneous premise that the Muscatine wimps thought/felt they were "wrong". Try again.