SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers in Rodentville

AZSIOUX

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can also ask at the bar, if you are pre-gaming anywhere, I know people who will let the tender know they are selling, but if you are wearing a Sioux jersey, don't look for TOO much help there...

WPoS

heres a idea if you can even stomach it as a sioux fan..go in with a gophs jersey on then after you buy the tix and have them in and put on the green and white ;)

Hell, i would rather pay the 75.00 bones rather than wearing the maroon and gold and get a cheaper ticket ;)

heres a idea if you can even stomach it as a sioux fan..go in with a gophs jersey on then after you buy the tix and have them in and put on the green and white ;)

Hell, i would rather pay the 75.00 bones rather than wearing the maroon and gold and get a cheaper ticket ;)

I thought I was tough, but that...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!?!?!?!? If i EVER put on a rodent Jersey, I'd kill myself!

From USCHO's Milewski;

Unheard Appeals

Minnesota coach Don Lucia was so upset with a call that will keep his most experienced defenseman in the stands for the opener of this weekend's series against North Dakota that he confronted WCHA supervisor of officials Greg Shepherd in the Mariucci Arena hallways after last Saturday's game.

Gophers defenseman Chris Harrington and Niagara's Jason Williamson were each assessed fighting majors and game disqualifications for a scuffle in the third period. Lucia claimed it was no more than wrestling and no punches were thrown.

The DQ carries a one-game suspension that will sideline Harrington for Friday's game against North Dakota.

At present, teams are not given the opportunity to appeal decisions like the assessment of a DQ, which are final once the referee signs the scoresheet. Lucia thinks that's wrong.

"When there's an obvious mistake, you should have some recourse to have the ability to appeal a disqualification like that," he said. "There has to be an avenue because we have a situation here where there wasn't a punch thrown and gloves never came off and they wrestled a little bit. But boy, that's a big leap from wrestling to a disqualification because that's such a costly penalty."

Can you say WHAAAAAA! Give me a break, I saw the fight and it did not deserve a DQ, but an avenue to appeal a disqualification? How about another appeal to the IIHF officials for 'rough play'? Get a grip. Lucia is a great coach and Sioux fans whine a lot, but he's a friggin baby.

Also from Milewski's article;

Final Word

The WCHA has been proactive with replay technology. Maybe it's time to push to use that technology to take a second look at all disqualification penalties considering the high price that is paid by the player who gets one.

This idea is about as ridiculous as Minnesota High School Hockey reviewing goals by replay. When is this crap going to end and we rely on the officials? The fact that papa and baby chubby (shepard) suck doesn't change that this idea is bad. There are enough tv/review/potty breaks that break up the game as it is. I'd like to see them be able to fight before we start to review whether they were 'naughty enough' or not.

From USCHO's Milewski;

Unheard Appeals

Minnesota coach Don Lucia was so upset with a call that will keep his most experienced defenseman in the stands for the opener of this weekend's series against North Dakota that he confronted WCHA supervisor of officials Greg Shepherd in the Mariucci Arena hallways after last Saturday's game.

Gophers defenseman Chris Harrington and Niagara's Jason Williamson were each assessed fighting majors and game disqualifications for a scuffle in the third period. Lucia claimed it was no more than wrestling and no punches were thrown.

The DQ carries a one-game suspension that will sideline Harrington for Friday's game against North Dakota.

At present, teams are not given the opportunity to appeal decisions like the assessment of a DQ, which are final once the referee signs the scoresheet. Lucia thinks that's wrong.

"When there's an obvious mistake, you should have some recourse to have the ability to appeal a disqualification like that," he said. "There has to be an avenue because we have a situation here where there wasn't a punch thrown and gloves never came off and they wrestled a little bit. But boy, that's a big leap from wrestling to a disqualification because that's such a costly penalty."

Can you say WHAAAAAA! Give me a break, I saw the fight and it did not deserve a DQ, but an avenue to appeal a disqualification? How about another appeal to the IIHF officials for 'rough play'? Get a grip. Lucia is a great coach and Sioux fans whine a lot, but he's a friggin baby.

While I will agree that Lucia can be a whiner from time to time, if Smaby or Lee were DQ'd for tonite's game for a similar reason what do you think this board wouldhave looked like this past week?

Also from Milewski's article;

Final Word

The WCHA has been proactive with replay technology. Maybe it's time to push to use that technology to take a second look at all disqualification penalties considering the high price that is paid by the player who gets one.

This idea is about as ridiculous as Minnesota High School Hockey reviewing goals by replay. When is this crap going to end and we rely on the officials? The fact that papa and baby chubby (shepard) suck doesn't change that this idea is bad. There are enough tv/review/potty breaks that break up the game as it is. I'd like to see them be able to fight before we start to review whether they were 'naughty enough' or not.

I think this could easily be implemented AFTER the game. Most infractions that result in a DQ would AT LEAST be worthy of a misconduct, which would kick them out of that particular game. Therefore, after the game the circumstance could be reviewed to see if a DQ is really warranted.

I'd probably run out into traffic.

To avoid the urge to play in traffic or stain yourself for life, try being a pseudo-rodent. Wear a high school coat or jersey that somewhat resembles rodent colors. They might think that you are a poor rodent fan who doesn't own the real thing and give you a decent deal. Once you have the tickets, remove the outer layer to reveal your "Goldie Sucks!" shirt underneath. This should certainly be less traumatizing. ;)

To avoid the urge to play in traffic or stain yourself for life, try being a pseudo-rodent. Wear a high school coat or jersey that somewhat resembles rodent colors. They might think that you are a poor rodent fan who doesn't own the real thing and give you a decent deal. Once you have the tickets, remove the outer layer to reveal your "Goldie Sucks!" shirt underneath. This should certainly be less traumatizing. ;)

HEY! I've still got a high school football jersey. Maroon and Gold. That color combo looked better on "Bulldogs". ;)

Just to add some fuel to the fire, Toews is now rated higher than Kessel in the latest 2006 ISS draft update. (And yes we all know E. Johnson will be a goofer also)

1 E. Johnson USA

2 J. Toews UND

3 P. Kessel UMIN

4 J. Staal PET

5 P. Mueller EVE

6 M. Frolik CZE

7 N. Backstrom SWE

8 J. Sheppard CB

9 J. Degray BRA

10 B. Little BAR

11 B. Sanguinetti OWE

12 K. Okposo DSMN

13 A. Vasyunov RUS

14 D. Brassard DRU

15 N. Williams USA

From USCHO's Milewski;

Unheard Appeals

CVCL

Give me a break! you don't think any other coach doesn't complain about officials? Lucia is no different than any other coach in the league. If there is a bad call he is going to bitch about just like EVERYBODY else. If a ND player got DQ on a questionable call you can bet Hakstol would be complaining about it, and he should.

Who is bringing the dead gophers to toss? I'm fresh out. That's one of the best rituals of Sioux hockey.

which would most likely get YOU (and or your buddies) tossed out of the arena/or into the holding cell for a few hours...comments like that make me want to throw Pocahontis dolls on the ice at the Ralph.... ;)

WPoS

CVCL

Give me a break! you don't think any other coach doesn't complain about officials? Lucia is no different than any other coach in the league. If there is a bad call he is going to bitch about just like EVERYBODY else. If a ND player got DQ on a questionable call you can bet Hakstol would be complaining about it, and he should.

The call was questionable as no punches were thrown. Had the officials been able to seperate them and get them skating in different directions before they went to the ice I don't think there would have even been a call. Or maybe just a minor each for roughing. I was watching the game, and I think the fact that they went to the ice, the official looked at it as a continuation type of deal, and then made the call. I'm not saying it was the right call, it was real tippy tappy, but the officials may have looked at it like a situation that had gotten too far out of hand once they were on the ice.

When buying tickets at MN don't buy them right infront of the arena, those are the more professional sellers. Try and pick them off guys a block or two away, in the past they have tended to be more of your average joe trying to just dump a ticket or two.

When I lived in the Cities I bought them for no more than face value from someone in the student parking lot next to the arena, the first year I lived there. Then next year (the year after MN won the NC) those same tickets were going for about $5-10 above face value. I never went to a game and could not buy a reasonably priced ticket. Also, the standing room tickets can be very good. The best thing about the rink is the Famous Dave's on site ;)

Kessel is obviously not a complete player, he has been shut down pretty well at the higher levels of competition. He is still the best talent I've seen in the 2006 draft. Towes is probably a more complete player right now, but he does not have the pure talent Kessel has. Eric Johnson, from what I saw at the WJ's, is a very likely #1 pick. He and Jack Johnson were the best D pair in the tourny by far for USA.

I still think the best freshman on the ice this weekend (and all weekends) will be Oshie.

which would most likely get YOU (and or your buddies) tossed out of the arena/or into the holding cell for a few hours...comments like that make me want to throw Pocahontis dolls on the ice at the Ralph.... ;)

WPoS

Thanks, WPoS. That'll do wonders helping us try and keep the FS name. ;)

As long as Kessel gets 3-4 points, I'm OK with Oshie being the "best" freshmen. ;)

Just like the valuable lesson we all learned from the WJC. Individual performances and stats do great wonders for your team winning championships ;) Go phil go, get those stat sheets "philled up" this weekend.