SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. AA

Let'sGoHawks!

Agreed on the cowbells. That would annoy the hell out of me if I was trying to concentrate on the game.

I agree as well. There's a guy that sits a row or two behind me at the Ralph with a shrill whistle that puts my teeth on edge! I'm not sure what the purpose is for his whistling. He does it when the other players have the puck near our net and when we have the puck as well. If he thinks it throws any player off or gives any player encouragement, he's wrong. wrong, wrong!! All it does is annoy everyone within ear shot of it. UGH, it drives me nuts. I'm happy every time he misses a game.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last years mediocre regular season play I was inspired by Parise's comments below about the team buying into Hakstol's system. Now we are right back where we were last year, waiting for the first weekend in March for the team to start playing. We also lost twice to AA last year.

I think it is evident that the Hak is getting frustrated with the effort out on the ice. Last night he basically said the the goalies have to play better. Last week he publically showed some displeasure with some of his players last weekend. Its probably not going to be fun to be in practice this week, rightfully so, some of our players need to step it up or take a seat in the stands. I just don't have any confidence with the team/players doing what they did last season, I think they are a year away. They just suck and our defense is too young and it making too many mistakes, glaring mistakes. Its going to be a lot fun watching a regional in our home town with out our home team there, because if they play with a lack luster performance game after game they aren't even going to play at home in the playoffs. I am sure I will be cheering against whoever plays Wisconsin, Minnesota, C.C.

Last night's loss just doesn't sit well with me, maybe I'm still upset from the WJC's lackluster team USA performance. Just a couple thoughts any way. 1. Last night's loss is simply embarassing and inexcusable. 2. This team should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for leading the league in checking from behind peanlties. 3. The "hot goalie" excuse is now officially retired as far as I'm concerened. The term poor shot selection will take it's place for me, as well as, no goals off of rebounds. How else would you explain outshooting a creampuff team and not beating them ? 4. For the player's that are putting forth an effort every night and every shift, disregard all of these comments, please. 5. Points are as important in Oct. and Nov. as they are in Jan. and Feb. passing off early season losses as no big deal comes back to haunt you. When the season starts you should be prepared for it. 6. Maybe the US women's Olympic team will lets us play them in a no-contact game so we can get some of our dignity back.

A year or 2 ago it seemed this was the excuse every other game. This is the first time I remember hearing it this year. I can deal with it a time or 2 a seasons, but that's about it.

If listened to the broadcast, the WJC players were the ones making the plays and causing things to happen. I am not so sure why you are so set on resting kids from playing.

Reading Hak's post game comments he said Oshie didn't look leg tired but Toews did.

-It looked like the entire team just played in the WJC. There was no fire. Everyone just kind of skated around without any intensity. Not sure what's up with that, but I don't like it. Smaby seemed the only player willing to check any Seawolves. UAA wasn't doing anything amazing, just playing hard...look what happens when you do that. :D

Again, will say, "Work beats talent, when talent doesn't work." Not sure when the Sioux are going to realize that. That means BOTH ends of the ice, all positions working towards one common goal!!

"It looked like the entire team just played in the WJC. There was no fire. Everyone just kind of skated around without any intensity. Not sure what's up with that, but I don't like it. Smaby seemed the only player willing to check any Seawolves. UAA wasn't doing anything amazing, just playing hard...look what happens when you do that. "

That's what I've been saying for around 2 months now. This whole team seems to play with a "90's Goofer" menatlity of ...."we can do it anytime, so there is no urgency"...mentality. Nobody on this team really inspires the others to play hard and fast and determined EVERY SHIFT.

Well, as fans here have been noticing - 10 minutes of furious play at the end of a game doesn't make you a good TEAM. That makes you a bunch of individuals trying to save face after your team effort has failed for the first 2 3/4 periods.

This team reminds me of the Goofs in the 90's, when the fans finally declared "The excuses are all used up".