SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. CZECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is, it will be on FSN north at 10:00 central time.

I get FSN north and the channel guide on the TV doesn't list it.

I don't believe FSN was planning on this game occuring - expecting the US to have a bye into the next round. I would not be surprised if they added it last second - - I hope so !

In the second period, Sweden has outshot Finland 20-6 but the game remains scoreless. Winner plays Canada in the semis.

Sweden and Finland have gone into overtime still 0-0. Shots are something like 50-24 for Sweden. The referee for the next game is the Canadian so the US can feel free to deliver North American body checks.

Sweden and Finland have gone into overtime still 0-0. Shots are something like 50-24 for Sweden. The referee for the next game is the Canadian so the US can feel free to deliver North American body checks.

Finland wins 1-0, looks like on a PP goal 10 minutes into OT. Shots 53-25 Sweden

In the lines listed earlier, I like Oshie on the grinder line. He has a lot of grit, defensive posture, and the ability to take the grinder line and score with it.

The only thing I'd change is perhaps try putting Wheeler on the top line instead of Bourque. Maybe with Porter and Kessel being teammates (IIRC) on the U18 team as well as last year's U20 team and Wheeler and Kessel currently being teammates something could happen?

I'd also feel much more comfortable with Schneider in net.

I like everything else though.

I'd also feel much more comfortable with Schneider in net.

I'm sure Kyle would too, but Schneider probably needs a rest after the Canada game before hopefully returning for the semis and finals.

The US really blew their tourney in that Swiss game. Canada will breeze through the Fins and be more than ready to whip the survivor of the US/Czech/Russian bracket.

I'm sure Kyle would too, but Schneider probably needs a rest after the Canada game before hopefully returning for the semis and finals.

The US really blew their tourney in that Swiss game. Canada will breeze through the Fins and be more than ready to whip the survivor of the US/Czech/Russian bracket.

The funny thing is, we're favorites. HA! The curse is working so far.

In any case, that Team USA team from a few years ago looks a whole lot better now than it even did then.

Does anyone know for sure whether or not FSN will be carrying tonights game? I'm guessing not, but hoping so.

i believe its only on nhl center ice package unless its changed in the last hour which i doubt...

Does anyone know for sure whether or not FSN will be carrying tonights game? I'm guessing not, but hoping so.

[sarcasm] Do you think any channel would preempt any program for hockey if it isn't a medal round or a championship game? It pains ESPN to no end to interrupt their nonstop hoops coverage during sportscenter to say that there even was a hockey game the other day! [/sarcasm]

No, FSN won't cover the game and if they do... I'll be shocked.

The funny thing is, we're favorites. HA! The curse is working so far.

Only the sandbaggers were calling the US favorites. There would be no shame in silver this year and beating the Russians would be a lot of fun to watch.

If somehow Lee/Kessel/Mueller/Johnson/Johnson all return next year I'll like their chances better. But I really like experienced bluelines.

Edited by sagard

It's now 10:05. Anybody with NHL Center Ice having any luck? I'm getting nothing but a schedule of games that claims the U.S. game is scheduled for 11 ET.

Nevermind. It just switched over.

Damn, I wish Midcontinent would just offer TSN...