SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. CZECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point. Good natured, all-in-the-name-of-rivalry booing is exactly the same as proclaiming F--- Canada. How adult of you :lol: I'm actually half-regretting even dignifying it with a response...

I sure hope you're being sarcastic (BURP).

Good natured..... not likely. The Canadian fans were some of the most rude individuals that I've met when the Jrs were at GF last year. Cheering for Russia and Belarus last year and being very disrespectful. I heard F--- the US many times and not from Finish or Sweedish fans. Either way Canada didn't represent themselves well as guests last year and they sure aren't this year as hosts.

Hench my bidderness. Sorry to all Canadians who did show class.

I see your point. Good natured, all-in-the-name-of-rivalry booing is exactly the same as proclaiming F--- Canada. How adult of you :lol: I'm actually half-regretting even dignifying it with a response...

didnt some canadian official say something like lets those basta*ds freeze to death in the dark. about getting gas from them

Good natured..... not likely. The Canadian fans were some of the most rude individuals that I've met when the Jrs were at GF last year. Cheering for Russia and Belarus last year and being very disrespectful. I heard F--- the US many times and not from Finish or Sweedish fans. Either way Canada didn't represent themselves well as guests last year and they sure aren't this year as hosts.

You're right, my bad. Since one person on siouxsports.com posted a message disrespectful to Canadians, I hereby proclaim all Americans to be disrespectful. :lol:

It's booing. At a hockey game. Get over it.

Does this Czech team strike anyone else as awfully timid? I would think if you throw the Paukovich/Wheeler line out there a couple more times and tell them to hit anything that moves, the Czechs would become rather tentative in their own zone.

You're right, my bad. Since one person on siouxsports.com posted a message disrespectful to Canadians, I hereby proclaim all Americans to be disrespectful. :lol:

It's booing. At a hockey game. Get over it.

It was a comment I made, during a hockey game. Get over it.

It would be 1 liter beers wouldn't it? ;)

Canadians are great hockey fans PERIOD - don't piss about them "cheering against your team"...the solution to that is YOU CHEER LOUDER!

hey who was the player on the usa team last year that had a restraining order against his old man...a defenseman i think anyone remember?

I thought it was Patrick O'Sullivan, but I may be wrong. I know he had family issues to some extent which was part of the reason that he dropped to the 2nd round in the draft.

If I may play sudo-sociologist here, people really ought not get bent out of shape over people cheering against the U.S. You may not be aware of this, but the United States is viewed as the big, bad bully of the world. Therefore, everybody else is an underdog.

Why do non-Yankees fans hate the Yankees? They're the richest, most powerful franchise in baseball. It didn't matter that their most recent dynasty teams consisted of some of the most professional, classy players in MLB. They were still the big, bad Yankees and they were hated for it. Seriously, what has Derek Jeter ever done to be hated like he is by non-Yankee fans?

Duke University? The Dallas Cowboys in the 1990s? The Edmonton Oilers in the 1980s (I know, because I was the only person in my entire extended family that didn't hate the Oilers).

Even this year there are plenty of examples. I'm willing to be more people wanted to see the Indianapolis Colts LOSE and game than go undefeated. And I'm willing to bet more people want USC to lose the national championship than there are people who win.

Same goes with the U.S. Now, they aren't necessarily the biggest and baddest in hockey (yet), but from a "world" perspective, they are the big, bad Americans. Every other country is the underdog, no matter if its sports, business, politics, etc.

We now return to our regularly-scheduled jingoism...