SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. Canada

WiSioux

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good preparation for Schneider as the Canucks fans heckle their own goaltenders on a regular basis, tough town. Gerbe got away with a chop that broke Russells stick and Russell held him to get the penalty that led to the US PP goal. The announcers have noted that Johnson the D-man is begginning to look fatigued from too much ice time and wonder if he will have anything in the tank come the third. And yes Lee respected the fact that he was looking at Toews' numbers. I was holding my breath for both of them.

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it

Good preparation for Schneider as the Canucks fans heckle their own goaltenders on a regular basis, tough town. Gerbe got away with a chop that broke Russells stick and Russell held him to get the penalty that led to the US PP goal. The announcers have noted that Johnson the D-man is begginning to look fatigued from too much ice time and wonder if he will have anything in the tank come the third. And yes Lee respected the fact that he was looking at Toews' numbers. I was holding my breath for both of them.

And Russell didn't even really hold him! In NHL/NCAA hockey, I don't think it would have been called.

2-2 "on the road" after 2 is a decent outcome, especially after starting 0-2.

I have this gut feeling that one of the Sioux guys will be a hero tonight.

Hopefully the game ends 6-5 with the USA winning. I want Oshie to have a hat trick with Lee and Chorney each getting 3 assists. I also want another US player to score(preferably not you know who) so they get 4 goals in the period. I then want Toews to get 3 breakaway goals with just incredible highlight reel moves(unassisted of course) and then it will end 6-5 US. Sorry guys I'm in a dream world right now.

Hopefully the game ends 6-5 with the USA winning. I want Oshie to have a hat trick with Lee and Chorney each getting 3 assists. I also want another US player to score(preferably not you know who) so they get 4 goals in the period. I then want Toews to get 3 breakaway goals with just incredible highlight reel moves(unassisted of course) and then it will end 6-5 US. Sorry guys I'm in a dream world right now.

Not asking for much :lol:

Since Frazzled is riding the pine I think one more goal will do the trick and young Jonathan T is overdue. :lol:

Anything else. :lol:

Overall though you have to be pretty happy with the officiating tonight compared to what's happened in past games this week at the WJC. Good to see the officials let them play!

Based on the TSN pregame, I believe the Russian referee in question can pack his suitcase after tonight.