SiouxSports.com Forum

#7 Oshie Is Inside College Hockey "Player of the Week"

Yttrium

"Being a complete team player is first and foremost. After that, the individual awards are simple rewards for putting your TEAM first"

- Unknown -

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...6/potw_0414.htm

I would say TJ fits the bill. Great team player also plays both ends of the ice. Congrats.

Anyone go to the Warroad Thief River Falls game? TRF 3-2. Its going to be interesting in Section 8 this year. Warroad is not the same without TJ and last years seniors.

Big time kudos to TJ. It will be a real pleasure for him to be back on the West Coast skating in front of many friends, family, and supporters.

He went out of his way to provide some autographs for my nephews and daughter. World Class Top Shelf player and kid.

Merry Christmas to all. Or, as it might suit you better, Happy Holidays as well.

I would say TJ fits the bill. Great team player also plays both ends of the ice. Congrats.

Anyone go to the Warroad Thief River Falls game? TRF 3-2. Its going to be interesting in Section 8 this year. Warroad is not the same without TJ and last years seniors.

Boy, nothing like stating the obvious....lose 14 seniors, 1 which is playing in the WCHA and will play for Team USA , 1 who's committed to a D1 school and 5 total playing Junior A's. Warroad looks more like the 2003 team, what did they do. And for all the hype TRF has received as the runaway section favorite you better scratch that notion. This one was a toss-up and they still have to go back there and try to win in late Feb to reach the Xcel. TRF has 14 seniors and the my old man who is an old man and has seen his share said "they aren't REAL deep for 14 seniors".

Boy, nothing like stating the obvious....lose 14 seniors, 1 which is playing in the WCHA and will play for Team USA , 1 who's committed to a D1 school and 5 total playing Junior A's. Warroad looks more like the 2003 team, what did they do. And for all the hype TRF has received as the runaway section favorite you better scratch that notion. This one was a toss-up and they still have to go back there and try to win in late Feb to reach the Xcel. TRF has 14 seniors and the my old man who is an old man and has seen his share said "they aren't REAL deep for 14 seniors".

There should probably be a section 8 thread but I agree. TRF and Warroad, the preseason favorites, are beatable. TRF doesn't seem to have consistent goaltending and other than Forney none of the other kids have really stepped up. EGF started tough but got beat by Park Rapids. Detroit lakes beat Park Rapids 8-2 and was 6-0 then lost to Little Falls 5-4. Crookston might be cabable of beating anyone but I don't think could sustain that level of play throughout section playoffs.

There you go again slappy, showing your intelligence. You don't even know who the player was. Typical uninformed goopher fan. Do you ever get tired of proving to everyone just how "not intelligent" you are on a regular basis.

1. Do you know who it was?

2. Even if it is him, so what? Would you be surprised to find that a young hockey player isn't afraid to have fun here and there? Would it make him a bad guy? Have you never tried it yourself?

3. In any case, lighten up - this is just a game and we're only fans.

4. Most importantly, if you're the one judging my intelligence I'm not worried.

:D;)

2. Even if it is him, so what? Would you be surprised to find that a young hockey player isn't afraid to have fun here and there? Would it make him a bad guy? Have you never tried it yourself?

Well now Skippy,

1. Whoever it was should be playing for the Golden Bongers

2. I had you pegged as someone who partakes of this activity on a daily basis so no surprise there.

3. If you hadn't been doing so much of number two you would have figured out by now that you are on the Sioux FAN site so off you go to GPL.

4. We aren't worried about your lack of intelligence either. ;)

Slappy, I'm not going to just come right out and call you an idiot, you've proved that by your statments here. Number 1. TJ is not a 17year old canadian. Number 2. The picture you are reffering to is of particular 17 year old Canadien, TJ is 18 and from Warroad, MN. by way of Washington state. Number 3. No it doesn't make him a bad guy. Number 4. Yes I have tried it myself. Ask North Dakota Hockey, Sioux99, Yttrium, I'm a damn fun guy, and an INFORMED FAN, not someone that spouts with out checking the facts. This stuff can be damaging to these guys. Number 5. I won't lighten up because you are just trying to start crap here. Number 6. I'm a pretty good judge of your intelligence based on the based on your mis-informed comments. Number 7. That sound you here is your credibility getting flushed down the toilet, with to other things that happen to be the same color as you treasures yellow and brown jersey. Number 8. How about just going away and staying away. Number 9. Have a Merry Christmas, jerk.

Well now Skippy,

1. Whoever it was should be playing for the Golden Bongers

2. I had you pegged as someone who partakes of this activity on a daily basis so no surprise there.

3. If you hadn't been doing so much of number two you would have figured out by now that you are on the Sioux FAN site so off you go to GPL.

4. We aren't worried about your lack of intelligence either. ;)

1. I'm sure TJ feels the same way.

2. Been at least 15 years, but I remember college thanks.

3. No matter the site it's a joke. Even if it was TJ it's nothing any Sioux fan should be ashamed about.

4. Then we're on the same page.

;):D

1. I'm sure TJ feels the same way.

2. Been at least 15 years, but I remember college thanks.

3. No matter the site it's a joke. Even if it was TJ it's nothing any Sioux fan should be ashamed about.

4. Then we're on the same page.

;):D

Slappy, just how deep is your head lodged in your backside ? The picture WAS NOT of TJ. What does it take to make you understand that ? There isn't a person here who cares who was drinking or whatever it is you are trying to make a big deal about. But you are talking about the wrong player and you need to stop it immediately. GET YOU DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT.

Great Article On Oshie In Seattle P-I Newspaper This Morning

Here is the link to a great article about TJ Oshie and how he transferred from Everett WA to Warroad MN and the adversity he faced:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/hockey/253022_oshie22.html

A great read.

Definitely a great read. It is always interesting to read about our players, from a different perspective.