SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs ECAC - Trivia

farce poobah

In the last 11 years, UND and Minnesota have both played 11 home games vs ECAC teams.

What's the record of each, and which team is better? :lol:

Since it's a two part question.

1. I know the Gophers lost an opener to St. Larrys somewhat recently, so I'll take the Gophers at 10-1 and the Sioux at 11-0.

2. Duh. The Gophers! :D

PS. I still HATE Harvard. I hope the Sioux embarass them and their funny talking fans.

Edited by sagard

One more thing about that RPI weekend (I was also in attendance, Farce). That was a two-game set. The other game was won by UND 7-6 in OT, and it was RPI's last loss of the season. Thanksgiving is pretty early to have your last loss of the year. Chris Jensen scored the game winner on a Bobby Orr-style "flying through the air like Superman" goal, as he lunged for a rebound. I can still picture him suspended in the air as the puck went in, then falling to the ice on his stomach and bouncing right back to his feet to celebrate. An early Sioux hockey moment for me, from a great college player in Jensen.

Extra POINTS! for being at that game. I had forgotten about the Jensen GWG.

Chris Jensen was a master of the stick, both with the puck and on opponents.

Since it's a two part question.

1. I know the Gophers lost an opener to St. Larrys somewhat recently, so I'll take the Gophers at 10-1 and the Sioux at 11-0.

2. Duh. The Gophers! :D

PS. I still HATE Harvard. I hope the Sioux embarass them and their funny talking fans.

Sagard, you get small partial credit on #1 for admitting that UND might have a better record vs ECACHL than Minnesota. Also, partial credit for recalling one of Minnesota's multiple losses in the last 11 years. The other? Princeton, arguably a lot more embarrassing, so I can see why you might be repressing.

(Source: Gopher Hockey History website)

12/30/1994 Yale H 6 2

12/29/1995 Harvard H 5 2

12/27/1997 Brown H 6 3

10/9/1998 St Lawr H 4 6

12/27/1998 Princeton H 1 4

12/29/1999 Harvard H 5 2

12/29/2000 Union H 3 2

1/23/2001 Brown H 3 1

12/27/2002 Yale H 7 3

12/20/2003 Princeton H 9 0

3/27/2005 Cornell H 2 1

One related observation is that MN has played zero away games in the last 11+ years vs ECAC. UND has 6. Your guys need to get out more, see the world.

On #2, however "No Points For You". You are clearly repressing here too. Get in touch with the infinite, man. Its not too late.

No we didn't.

They were at the holiday classic but got upset by Wayne State in the play in game. We ended up whooping Wayne State instead.

Yann Danis was on the Brown squad.

Double Points to Goon AND Redwing77. Nice catch; I missed a game in the list above.

12/27/2002 at REA: UND 5 Brown 2. (Bochenski with 4 goals, including two of the "how the h-e-double-hockey-sticks did that go in" kind.)

The NEXT year, as Redwing notes, Wayne State took out Brown. Methinks that Danis decided it was better for his GAA to allow an extra to Wayne State than to get rung up for 5-6 by Bochenski and Company. ;)

Without 4-5 key players this will be a very challenging streak to continue. I would like to see someone step up like Bochenski did against SCCC a couple of years back (when Parise, Stafford, and Murray were winning the WJC)

I don't think this is necessary. I mean look at our rosters, are you saying Harvard has a Stafford, Spirko, Zajac then add Duncan, Watkins Kozek. Actually I would bet their goaltending isn't as good as ours.

Don't give the boys an out to lose this weekend. This is a crucial series and nothing less than three points is exceptable. We can not lose to Harvard or an EZAC team, that really would hurt us in the final selection for the NCAA's seriously.

True, Harvard doesn't have a solid string of players like Stafford, Spirko, Zajac, etc. etc. But having these guys on the team essentially means nothing unless they actually show up ready to play. The Sioux are perfectly capable of beating Harvard, even shorthanded as they may be, but some of the above mentioned players have a tendency to disappear when they are most needed.

True, Harvard doesn't have a solid string of players like Stafford, Spirko, Zajac, etc. etc. But having these guys on the team essentially means nothing unless they actually show up ready to play. The Sioux are perfectly capable of beating Harvard, even shorthanded as they may be, but some of the above mentioned players have a tendency to disappear when they are most needed.

I think that Watkins and Kozek are going to have big games this weekend. #10 really looked good against BSU last weekend. I say Phil and Jordan are both solid and I think the Big line is going to feast on the Crimson this weekend.

I think that Watkins and Kozek are going to have big games this weekend. #10 really looked good against BSU last weekend. I say Phil and Jordan are both solid and I think the Big line is going to feast on the Crimson this weekend.

Would be nice to get a third line going for the rest of the season.