SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney...oshie, lee, chorney, toews

AZSIOUX

usa 3-2 win over sweden in a ex game...

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/m...e/news_usvsswe/

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonis...94-26fd2c43dc3f

heres the line combos from someone over at hf..

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=204024

Mueller-Kessel-Bourque

Skille-Gerbe-Oshie (Wheeler also played on this line in place of Gerbe)

Ryan-Schremp-Porter

Davis-Paukovich-Fritsche

The defensive pairings are a little more fluid.

The Johnsons are playing together almost every shift.

Butler-Niskanen

Lee played with Mitera, Butler and Chorney, I didn't notice who they were consistently playering with.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The games on the 26Th, 28Th, 30Th, and 31St are all listed to be on Fox Sports North. USA vs. Norway, Finland, Switzerland, and Canada. The first 3 are on at 10:00 p.m. central time and the one with Canada is on at 7:45 central time.

Are you talking channel 51 in Grand Forks, because I went on TV Guide and the games are not listed on the 26th, 28th, and 30th at 10:00 pm? Also, ESPN 2 lsitings don't show the game either.

I get Direct TV and found these games listed in my Direct Satellite guide. They are listed as being on Fox Sports, North, the one that brings the Wild and Gopher games. I think you get it on cable, but I don't know for sure. I hope this helps.

Can anyone confirm this? My guide for FSN north doesn't show any World Juniors hockey. I'm hoping mine is wrong.

I'm pretty sure it was last night. It's on the IIHF schedule for December 22, Iceburg posted a boxscore on GPL, and there's a thread on the BCHL board discussing the game (sadly with no specifics other than the score). I can't find the results anywhere official yet, but I'm sure it will make it to the USA hockey site soon enough. Not sure where Iceburg got the boxscore, but he's very resourceful.

I believe that must be a prediciton because that game is scheduled for tonight.

YES, he did get 2 points in the USA exhibition game win pf 5-1.

He scored the first goal of the game on a power play at the 2:00 minute mark and assisted on another power play goal later in the first period.

YES, he did get 2 points in the USA exhibition game win pf 5-1.

He scored the first goal of the game on a power play at the 2:00 minute mark and assisted on another power play goal later in the first period.

USA 4-0-1 -- 5

NOR 0-0-1 -- 1

First Period

Two Goals for Toews in last nights 8-1 exhibition win over Russia. Without the contact and the clutch and grab of the WCHA Toews seems to be able to go to the net at will against the Europeans. Clearly he is a already one of the fan favorites.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=148031&hubname=

Toews is playing his natural position which is at center. That is the main reason why he is getting more opportunities and points.

Toews has great vision from the backside. He sets guys up when he is able to be the player who is the trailer as opposed to the guy who has to forecheck and get first man pressure on the D man.

Toews is playing his natural position which is at center. That is the main reason why he is getting more opportunities and points.

Toews has great vision from the backside. He sets guys up when he is able to be the player who is the trailer as opposed to the guy who has to forecheck and get first man pressure on the D man.

I've been wondering about that. Would Toews and Oshie be even more effective together with Toews in the middle and Oshie on a wing?

I just watched a one hour special on TSN regarding the Tourney where they assessed how the teams will fare and players to watch. The analysts concluded that this is by far the most talented US team ever in the tourney and that the only thing standing in the way of certain Gold might be some chemistry problems. Apparently they have learned through reliable sources that several players on the team don't like Kessel :D I never would have guessed and I can't imagine why ;) Oh and for all the Skippies out there the players they named were not from the Sioux.

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it

I get Direct TV and found these games listed in my Direct Satellite guide. They are listed as being on Fox Sports, North, the one that brings the Wild and Gopher games. I think you get it on cable, but I don't know for sure. I hope this helps.

Not the greatest TV lineup in the US. 3 tape-delayed games on FSN (two of those being the medal round, so they better make it) and 2 tape-delayed, one live game for those subscribed to Center Ice.

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/m..._wjccov_122205/

Don't know how anyone gets TSN in the US, but their TV schedule is much better, with all Canada and US games televised.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=4124

You of course have a link to substantiate this claim.

Slappy you really are a dumb-#$%. Per my original post, it was a one hour special on TSN that ran from 6 to 7 Eastern time so why don't you email one of their analysts if you are looking for their source. Try either Maguire or MacKenzies messaging and ask them what they had to say about the US chemistry problem. Two names I recall them mentioning were Skille and Johnston and with Skille it went back to when they were teamates.

Slappy you really are a dumb-#$%. Per my original post, it was a one hour special on TSN that ran from 6 to 7 Eastern time so why don't you email one of their analysts if you are looking for their source.

Again with the childish namecalling. If analysts said what you claim they did then without question someone would have written about such a story, but of course you figured it would be easy to make something up and not get called out on your bogus claim.

If the team chemistry is really a question, why is the team playing so well? If anything exists between him and Skille, and it stems from previous playing time together - who's to say it has anything more to do with Kessel than with Skille? How about the fact Kessel is from WI and went to UM, UW's biggest rival? For now, there's no reason to believe your claim is valid.

AZSIOUX - um, what?

Just because one news show reports something, doesn't mean every station is required to report the same story as well.

Welcome to the world of news reporting. If I got information leaked to me that their was a chemistry problem regarding the US, Canadian, Czech, etc. team, why would I allow every news organization to have that information? That doesn't make much sense now does it? Because only one station reported the claim against Kessel, that makes the story bogus? There's no reason to believe that the claim reported is not true, especially if it came from two respected Canadian hockey analysts. As posted already, if you don't believe it, feel free to drop one of those people a line(email) and wait by your computer for a response.

Because heaven for bid, nobody could hate your almighty Phil Kessel. This isn't the first time somebody has had a problem with Kessel I bet throughout his hockey career. Welcome to the real world buddy. Just because they are teammates, doesn't mean they have to like each other. They just have to play with each other for 2 weeks, respect the skills of one another, and then everyone can go on their way after the tourney once they bring the gold back to the United States.

Welcome to the world of news reporting. If I got information leaked to me that their was a chemistry problem regarding the US, Canadian, Czech, etc. team, why would I allow every news organization to have that information? That doesn't make much sense now does it?

You're missing the point. I am pretty certain they never said what he claims. I have no reason to believe these announcers went on record claiming one player is a source of chemistry problems for the entire team considering the fact that 1) he's never been pegged as a locker room problem in the past and 2) if he's such a problem how is the team is playing so well together? Never mind "the source" has a propensity to whine about how evil the Gophers are at any moment without a legitimate reason. If they in fact did say that you can better well aver someone else would have picked up on it by now and reported it, but of course no one has.

You're missing the point. I am pretty certain they never said what he claims. I have no reason to believe these announcers went on record claiming one player is a source of chemistry problems for the entire team considering the fact that 1) he's never been pegged as a locker room problem in the past and 2) if he's such a problem how is the team is playing so well together? Never mind "the source" has a propensity to whine about how evil the Gophers are at any moment without a legitimate reason. If they in fact did say that you can better well aver someone else would have picked up on it by now and reported it, but of course no one has.

The analysts on the TSN show said it, it didn't get fabricated here. Kessel's problems with Skille and Johnson, or vice versa, have been around articles on hockey sites and elsewhere for a long time. Calling someone a liar here really increases your credibility.

Rumours here make it sound like it's a hassle between families, with Kessel's mom at the center of the controversy.

Whether the "family feud" causes a riff on the team is debateable, obviously it would be better for the other teams if it did.

Slappy, I can't help it that the sport of hockey doesn't get enough TV coverage in your area and that you have to depend on the internet as your accurate source of information ;) . Clearly the TSN analysts had actually talked to someone from USA hockey because they also talked about the success stories of the US development program. It was pointed out that the intent was to have a group of the best players develop together like the Europeans do in order to succeed on the international stage. The development team plan backfired for this year group because of the aforementioned hatred that developed. Sorry that you aren't a happy slappy when your little Golden Rat doesn't get good press.

I'm not sure that I missed the point.

1. Maybe it's never been brought to the public's attention until now, when it hit the international stage of hockey.

2. Like I stated in my previous post, everybody can put aside their egos for a two-week stretch for the sake of playing for your country. Just because some people don't like a person, doesn't mean the team can't function because of it. These are supposed to be the best American hockey players under the age of 20, they have been the stars of their respective teams growing up and now when you put them all together, there is going to be some conflict almost everytime I would imagine. Maybe the problem between Kessel and whoever goes back some time, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not sure that I understand how TSN constantly "whines" about the Gophers as you say they do, since I only choose to watch the channel up on certain occasions. Maybe the reason they are the only news organization to report is because they have been talking about the World Jr. tourney for the last 2-3 weeks. It doesn't make headlines in the paper's in the U.S. yet because the games haven't started yet. The U.S. newspapers won't make it headlines until the games officially start.

2. Like I stated in my previous post, everybody can put aside their egos for a two-week stretch for the sake of playing for your country. Just because some people don't like a person, doesn't mean the team can't function because of it. These are supposed to be the best American hockey players under the age of 20, they have been the stars of their respective teams growing up and now when you put them all together, there is going to be some conflict almost everytime I would imagine. Maybe the problem between Kessel and whoever goes back some time, but that's neither here nor there.

That is so true of any hockey team. There has been hatred and egos on Canadian teams in the past as well which is why todays coaches make it clear that those feelings need to be put aside. Miracle on Ice is a perfect example of hatred within a team and Brooks had to overcome it by making the players hate him instead. However, you are talking teenagers with only a few days to come together as a team so the coach, Kyle, has a challenge on his hands. The TSN analysts also believe that based on, his experiences, Kyle was a great pick for coach.

1. Why should we care what the chemistry is like on this team? All they need to do is to play together on the ice and win games. There's no rule saying that they must like each other.

2. Everything started with Kessel's mom? THIS concerns me more than what people think of Kessel. The most prominent dirt dragging on a player ever, IMO, was done because of the parents of a prominent player (Eric Lindros). They basically dragged Eric under their control and then used their control of Eric to leverage the Flyers and generally made a mess of things. Eric's reputation took a major hit because of it. Of course that was years ago and I don't know if that was an isolated event or if they still mess with Eric's professional career. However, if I were Phil, I would politely ask mom to back off. This, of course, assumes that the info is correct and not a fabrication.

3. The station said they weren't making it up? Really? Sounds like the kind of thing that Minny news station (Channel 9?) would do. TSN is a CANADIAN news station. You don't suppose that it's really just a few instances taken out of context to try to instill hope that Canada will repeat because, though everyone (including TSN) admits that US's team is more talented this year, Canada is the nation of hockey? Comon! For all we know, Kessel and Skille aren't getting along is nothing more than "Kessel plays for UMN, UW's arch rival."

All this soap opera crap isn't worth our time.