SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at BSU Friday

mn_sioux

Where does eveeryone else have tickets for? Bemidji people are saying that the game is sold out, but we were able to get tickets yesterday through the BSU ticket office. It seems like there could be anywhere from 1000-3500 people at this game from all the differing stories. :0

I called the box office at The Ralph yesterday and they had plenty of tickets for the game at Bemidji. $16 each.

Don't trust them. I called before the Tech series for tickets and my buddy called as well. The Ralph never called us back about the tickets. I don't know if they were saving them for Al's bus (that didn't go) or what. It wasn't a big deal since Tech doesn't sell out, but if you can get them through BSU then do it.

I called the box office at The Ralph yesterday and they had plenty of tickets for the game at Bemidji. $16 each.

In talking to my buddy in Bemidji he said the game is a sell out, for people that have never been to a game at the glas it is a very small arena. There are seats only on one side of the arena and its very close to the ice its almost like a small basketball gym with a hockey rink in it. It seats about 3000 to 3500 max.

You probably will want to get to the game early so you can get situated in your seat. The Glas will make you even appreciate a rink like the one at MTU or UMD. That being said if you can get tickets at the Ralph or from a scalper I recommend doing it.

We got our tickets from the Ralph yeterday. Section G I think row 8. Is the arena on the campus? I have driven by the campus so I know where that is. Just not sure where the arena is. Should I bring my gloves and hat inside to where also?

The Glas seats 2399, but that is a VERY TIGHT 2399. The bleachers were put in many years ago, and the lines on there were from when people were "smaller". I actually have purchased two season tickets, just so that I can sit comfortably. It is not like I am a huge person (6'1", 210 lbs), but I have some a very LARGE twosome to my left and they only have two seats and should have somewhere between three and four. One of these days I will charge them half of a ticket for using half of one of my seats.

Temps in the Glas are not that bad. I usually get by with my BSU Jersey and a mock turtleneck under it. I have never really needed a jacket or gloves and hat, except for the walk through the parking lot. I would say leave them in your car to save on space.

The Fieldhouse is on campus. As you come from Grand Forks, get off of highway 2 at 197 through the city. Take that all the way east until it takes a hard right to the south. You will now be going on the west side of campus by the baseball field. Get in the left lane ASAP as the Fieldhouse turn will be on your left. Take a left on 19th street, the turn right after the Baseball Grandstand or before the scrolling marquee sign. The Fieldhouse Parking lot is on your right and parking is free.

Sections F, G, and H are the end the Sioux will shoot at twice. F is around the blue line, G around the faceoff dot and H around the goal line.

Have a safe trip and here is to two great games this weekend. It is great that the Sioux are visiting our barn again! And yes, I will be making the trip over to Grand Forks for Saturday's game!!!!

Edited by Millsy

The Glas seats 2399, but that is a VERY TIGHT 2399. The bleachers were put in many years ago, and the lines on there were from when people were "smaller". I actually have purchased two season tickets, just so that I can sit comfortably. It is not like I am a huge person (6'1", 210 lbs), but I have some a very LARGE twosome to my left and they only have two seats and should have somewhere between three and four. One of these days I will charge them half of a ticket for using half of one of my seats.

Temps in the Glas are not that bad. I usually get by with my BSU Jersey and a mock turtleneck under it. I have never really needed a jacket or gloves and hat, except for the walk through the parking lot. I would say leave them in your car to save on space.

The Fieldhouse is on campus. As you come from Grand Forks, get off of highway 2 at 197 through the city. Take that all the way east until it takes a hard right to the south. You will now be going on the west side of campus by the baseball field. Get in the left lane ASAP as the Fieldhouse turn will be on your left. Take a left on 19th street, the turn right after the Baseball Grandstand or before the scrolling marquee sign. The Fieldhouse Parking lot is on your right and parking is free.

Sections F, G, and H are the end the Sioux will shoot at twice. F is around the blue line, G around the faceoff dot and H around the goal line.

Have a safe trip and here is to two great games this weekend. It is great that the Sioux are visiting our barn again! And yes, I will be making the trip over to Grand Forks for Saturday's game!!!!

Thanks for the directions and info. See everyone Friday. GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

I contacted the BSU ticket office a couple months ago before tickets even went on sale. The lady took my number and called me a few weeks later. She was very helpful and got me tickets close to other Sioux fans (section f row 9). My wife and I are heading up on Friday, staying in Bemidji, and then heading to GF for Saturday's game.

Does anybody have suggestions of a good place to hang out at before/after the game?

I contacted the BSU ticket office a couple months ago before tickets even went on sale. The lady took my number and called me a few weeks later. She was very helpful and got me tickets close to other Sioux fans (section f row 9). My wife and I are heading up on Friday, staying in Bemidji, and then heading to GF for Saturday's game.

Does anybody have suggestions of a good place to hang out at before/after the game?

the green mill right on the lake is close. theres a sports bar area in there. just down the road from the hockey arena

I would try Stats or Green Mill or Apple Bees in Bemidji.

Stats is a good place to meet sports fans.

We got our tickets from the Ralph yeterday. Section G I think row 8. Is the arena on the campus? I have driven by the campus so I know where that is. Just not sure where the arena is. Should I bring my gloves and hat inside to where also?

It can get cold in that arena, I am sitting in the eight row so I may have my gloves just in case, or just drink a few adult beverages before you go and you won't notice a difference. :D Trust me it will be warm on Friday because the place will be pack and should be full of energy.

Edited by Goon

STATS has been out of business for a while now...

You have got to be kidding me. Yikes I guess it has been a while since I been back eh?

I ussually go to this BSU professors house (they call it tail gating) and socialize before Beaver games, one of my buddies introduced me to them a few years back, he will be the same guy across the ice doring the TV for the Game on charter.

Anyone going to the game, the BSU fans are awesome, and a lot of fun to hang out with. I have met many of them and they are pretty fun and they know their hockey really well. There is a hard core bunch of them Millsy, Mr Bob, Jac, Doug and you'll probably run into them at the games this weekend. I also had the pleasure of Meeting Moose last season at the WJT. I recommend going and socializing.

Thanks Goon! You guys (or at least the ones I have met) are great to hang out with also. You guys are a helluva lot more fun than those Hussie fans from the Clown school.

Stats has been closed for a couple of years now. Keg and Kork downtown (Combats) is a good place. The 209 Bar has a good burger, as does Keg. Corner Bar in the Nymore area has awesome burgers, as does Slim's north of town. All bars are smoke free until 8:00, so if you are a smoker, you will have to go outside. For us non-smokers, we don't have to smell like smoke during the game, which is awesome. All these place I can drive to, so I can try to give you directions if you need them.

I am hoping to make it to Dagwoods before the Saturday game in Grand Forks!

The Glas seats 2399, but that is a VERY TIGHT 2399. The bleachers were put in many years ago, and the lines on there were from when people were "smaller".

Are you sure about that number I remember during the Mercy Hurst and BSU series for the Division II championship that there was like 3500 for the series. I could have sworn that BSU and UofMN there were more sitting in the stands than 2399. Just wondering not intending to flame.

Are you sure about that number I remember during the Mercy Hurst and BSU series for the Division II championship that there was like 3500 for the series. I could have sworn that BSU and UofMN there were more sitting in the stands than 2399. Just wondering not intending to flame.

That is the number of seats in the bleachers that they list in the Media Guide and on the seating chart. Now, they have had standing room in the walkway and they have brought in metal bleachers to set up behind the west goal.

There has always been a lot of controversy as to the seating numbers. When BSU went D-I, someone finally sat down and counted the number of seats in the bleachers and that is what they came up with.

Does it cost anything?

Baring the Roads aren't in bad condition by the end of the evening. :D

Apparently ESPNU is covering the game on Saturday night.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/1Schedu...pnu/BSU-NDK.pdf

UND is 2-6-1 against ranked teams this season. I thought we were beter than this since we did bea UNH, Denver, Miami. so right there its three and not two.

Edited by Goon