SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday Night Game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you've lost your credibility. Perhaps you should just go away and enjoy the win.

I have given your team props in a previous post. That call at the end was a joke. Two nites in a row a questionable call on the Gophers? Come on. Shep was bad all around. AS I STATED EARLIER, BOTH TEAMS WILL BE THERE AT THE END, FROZEN 4.

I have given your team props in a previous post. That call at the end was a joke. Two nites in a row a questionable call on the Gophers? Come on. Shep was bad all around. AS I STATED EARLIER, BOTH TEAMS WILL BE THERE AT THE END, FROZEN 4.

i disagree, i think you will be at home and i will be in milwaukee ;)

thanks for the confidence though!

The evidence continues to build that Shepard (sucks!) is favoring the goofs against the Sioux.

Case 1:

Couple of years ago he waves off the a tying goal with 20 seconds left saying Zach P. played it with a high stick. Replays showed this was highly questionable, regardless of the kneejerk reaction of Woog and Macrapo. Sioux lose 2-1.

Case 2:

Last night, Parise interferred with on Gopher goal. Looks at the replay and allows the goal to stand.

Case 3:

Tonight Oshie scores, no goal called. Looks at replay and can't get the call right. Very obvious that the puck was in the net prior to the goal becoming dislodged.

Is the point of replay to get the call right or just take a break and watch a little TV ?

Get rid of instant replay...it is worthless. Even more, get rid of Shepard, even more worthless.

If Shepturd has to ref in the WCHA he should never be allowed to ref Goofy games. With his daddy running the show and living in Minneapolis he should be disqualified from these contests, I don't think he is unbiased.

Rumour has it that even other officials think he is a joke.

If Shepturd has to ref in the WCHA he should never be allowed to ref Goofy games. With his daddy running the show and living in Minneapolis he should be disqualified from these contests, I don't think he is unbiased.

FWIW - Greg Shepperd was on with Greg L. between periods and pretty much said (without specifically saying it) that last night's goal should have been waived off. He said the rule change was implemented as a result of the Maine-DU NC game a couple years back where the Maine goal was waived off because a skate was in the crease that had absolutely nothing to do with the goal. He said the rule change was never intended to allow a player to park in the crease (as the Gophers were doing on their powerplays). His implication was that if that's not the intention of the rule, then it should have been enforced accordingly.

I don't know how I forgot that!!!! For playing such a terrible weekend of hockey, we still played competitively. Hak needs to find out how to get the most out of his players. Blaiser always seemed to do that. BTW, tomorrow afternoon, the Devils play Columbus, so Parise gets to play Blaiser's Bluejackets. I'll be watching that one.

I think this was the case last year. Leadership didn't show up until the end of the season. There was some very impressive hockey being played by the Sioux, albeit only about 20 minutes worth. If they can get it together for a whole game this team will go far. Lets hope the Sioux don't dig themselves into too big of a hole that they can't get out of it.

Tough to swallow-first the Badgers and now the Goofies.

I think this was the case last year. Leadership didn't show up until the end of the season. There was some very impressive hockey being played by the Sioux, albeit only about 20 minutes worth. If they can get it together for a whole game this team will go far. Lets hope the Sioux don't dig themselves into too big of a hole that they can't get out of it.

Tough to swallow-first the Badgers and now the Goofies.

It wont' be that long before you see the Gophers again, go into the John and kick some a$$ and take some names.

FWIW - Greg Shepperd was on with Greg L. between periods and pretty much said (without specifically saying it) that last night's goal should have been waived off. He said the rule change was implemented as a result of the Maine-DU NC game a couple years back where the Maine goal was waived off because a skate was in the crease that had absolutely nothing to do with the goal. He said the rule change was never intended to allow a player to park in the crease (as the Gophers were doing on their powerplays). His implication was that if that's not the intention of the rule, then it should have been enforced accordingly.

Doesn't change anything but this makes me feel better about the rule, if this is true. Didn't seem right that Stoa could be sitting where he was and be deemed not affecting the play "in the crease".

As much as I like JPar, Lammy was definitely the better goalie tonight. Yes, he only played one period, but Parise was not sharp from the get go. The puck would go by him, and he would react to it a second later. I can see that happening once, but it happened about 4 times in the first five minutes. Coaches should have been on top of that and brought Lammy in after the 1st.

Did anyone listen to Greg L. interview Shepherd Sr. on radio tonight? He said, unsolicited (in fact Greg L.gave him an out by saying he didn't want him to directly comment on last night's call) that opposing players should not be allowed to screen goaltenders in the crease. Meaning of course that he thought his useless jackbag of a son got the call WRONG last night. That along with the goal Oshie clearly scored tonight (and the jackbag had full benefit of replay and contemplation), indicates to me that Shepherd is at best incompetent as a 'stripe' and at worst a Sioux hater (one is forced to suspect that he receives cash payment from the opposition), which he allows to affect his professional duties. A man can only take so much. I can take no more. Should I ever meet Derek Shepherd in person, he can expect to have his ass well and thorughly kicked. He is stealing the price of admission to WCHA games out of my pocket.

OOOPS! Looks like MK beat me to it.

Edited by DamStrait

Did anyone listen to Greg L. interview Shepherd Sr. on radio tonight? He said, unsolicited (in fact Greg L.gave him an out by saying he didn't want him to directly comment on last night's call) that opposing players should not be allowed to screen goaltenders in the crease. Meaning of course that he thought his useless jackbag of a son got the call WRONG last night. That along with the goal Oshie clearly scored tonight (and the jackbag had full benefit of replay and contemplation), indicates to me that Shepherd is at best incompetent as a 'stripe' and at worst a Sioux hater (one is forced to suspect that he receives cash payment from the opposition), which he allows to affect his professional duties. A man can only take so much. I can take no more. Should I ever meet Derek Shepherd in person, he can expect to have his ass well and thorughly kicked. He is stealing the price of admission to WCHA games out of my pocket.

That guy has had his head up his a$$ for too long now. He has been blowing calls for as long as I can remember. He could never make a call for UND--FU!!!!!!!

Bummer of a weekend. Gophers played another very good game tonite. Very strong in the Sioux defensive end. Seemed like the Sioux began to catch up as the game went on, but they started in such a hole that they had too far to go.

Regardless, the team was outplayed both nights yet were reviewed goals away from ties each night. If they can start getting consistent strong efforts they are going to be a very strong team, IMO. Seemed like the Sioux were just a little too intimidated? this weekend and spent a bit too much time watching what was happening or chasing rather than feeling confident that they knew what they should be doing. Hopefully this can be changed with more time and experience.

I'm encouraged that they didn't give up tonite, and continued to apply the pressure ever more urgently as the game progressed.

I don't think Irmen hit Chorney from behind into the boards. Seemed to me that hit pretty much side to side with Chorney getting turned into the boards because he got the worst of it.

I can understand why Shep didn't award Oshie the goal but I think he should have. I don't think he looked at the replay monitor enough to know. HOWEVER, Frank and Doug said that he only has the overhead camera view to make a decision on. When they played that on TV I couldn't see the puck, so maybe there was nothing he could do. At first I had trouble seeing the puck on the FSN replays because I expected to see it sliding along the ice. When I realized it was popped into the air, then it started seeing more clear that it was indeed a goal. Could have used that goal. However, it may not have changed the outcome. Who knows how the game develops if that is scored a goal. Would have been nice to have 3.5 minutes remaining instead of 2.5, though.

Toews was not as noticeable as last night, I thought.

Zajac had a good game.

The Red Pepper line was again a strong line, and I'm happy that they got on the scoreboard.

I thought Chorney had a better game tonite than last night.

This game had a chance to be one of the all-time great comebacks. With Smaby's hit on Potulny, Sioux scoring some 3rd period goals to come back, Irmen taking a penalty near the end.....If the Sioux could have scored on Irmen's penalty and managed to win, it would have been one for the history books considering the personalities involved. Oh well, it didn't work out that way.

I hope they found some things they can work on for the next few weeks, and maybe get a little payback in MN. Sure can't afford to get swept again. Pretty disappointing to come out without points this weekend, at home.

BTW, what was with the fans all sitting around after the second goal? How about getting up and cheering?

Diggler, we saw you giving Irmen an earful. Looked like fun.

Hak sounded genuinely upset in the post game interview, but still defended the play of his team. It was a strange interview and I really couldn't get a good feel for it. Anyone else have an opinion on it?

Wish I had scurried upstairs after watching the game to catch it. Forgot to.

I don't think Irmen hit Chorney from behind into the boards. Seemed to me that hit pretty much side to side with Chorney getting turned into the boards because he got the worst of it.

They went into it side by side, but the hit he put him was square on the back (watched in on DVR 4 times now), which is why he went in head first. Hard call to make since it wasn't a clear hit from behind, but regardless, IMO, when a player goes in like that after being hit by the opponent, a call should be made.

I feel a little like KJL on NRO posting so often (wtf?), but I just have to say that this series really takes a lot out of me. I have tickets lined up to the Friday night game in Minneapolis, but I think I'm going to turn them down. I'm better off watching the game alone in my basement. And so is everyone else.