SiouxSports.com Forum

Chip On Shoulder

Taz Boy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really find it ironic with Wooger in the booth that the ND players have MADE THE DFFERENCE for the GOOFS the last few years when they've won...you'd think he'd be close to giving Hoeven an open mouth kiss because ND has been SO GOOD to MN the last couple years :0

Dude, gross. I mean, totally uncalled for, no one needs to picture that! ;)

If people just delt with things and moved on, there would be no reason for message boards.

Best comment of the month! ;)

Jealous. Me on the big-screen or some dude doing a funky dance in an Easter bunny costume?

Actually the Presidents dancing at the X is about the funniest thing I've seen on the big screen. Though I'd laugh out loud if they actually did a kiss cam on two Gophers in the Penalty Box.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but the Potulny's had bricks thrown threw their windows after Ryan verballed to Minnesota.

Oh here we go...

On the plus side, he didn't have boosters, er, "family friends" visiting him to tell him what a terrible mistake he was making.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but the Potulny's had bricks thrown threw their windows after Ryan verballed to Minnesota.

Oh My God. :0

So who told you this one? I'm surprised you didn't mention the bullet holes in the living room. ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It never ceases to amaze how these idiot goopher fans show up after a big win and spew their crap. "Grow up, stop whining, lose with some class and dignity, blah blah blah". Again when people start blasting them they cry, you know what, you aren't going to get any sympathy here, get it through your thick heads, THIS IS A SIOUX MESSAGE BOARD, how many damn times will it take for you guys to understand that. I'm smart enough not to go over to g. puke live and start making dumb statements like Irmen's a turd, ect. ect. and not to expect some heat for it. If you don't want people to slam stay over on g. puke live and gloat with fellow fans. As for Irmen, all I can say is I feel sorry for him when he goes to the next level. If he continues his antics and "dirty play", I'm guessing he'll end up like another goopher idiot, Taffe, we all saw the pictures of him with his face beat in. Take a good look at that Danny, that's your future. As far as anyone crying over the fact that Danny and Ry-Ry aren't wearing a Sioux jersey, so what. I'm happy that they found a home at the U. A for the jersey popping and Irmen justifyng it by saying the fans were riding me when I was in the box, please, what do you expect Danny, champagne and roses. If you have to act like that after a little ribbing from the OPPOSING CROWD, well let's just say you have the chip on your shoulder. Sorry for the rant but this stuff plain makes me sick.

before you get all defensive, maybe if you looked at what I said and how many posts I have here, you'd think twice about lumping ALL Gopher fans together, just like I don't lump ALL UND fans together. :0 I DO get along with MOST of the SS.com peeps.... ;)

WPoS

Well........good for you. maybe you should read what I said. It amounts to this. People that come on an opposing teams message boards after sweeping them, and say dumb things like, don't whine, don't complain, Irmen is such a nice boy, ect. Then, when people start firing back they say, don't pick on me, don't call me stupid, wah, wah wah. Think about what you're posting and where you are posting it. If this applies to you, and you should all know who it is then take it to heart if it doesn't, then have a nice day.

Well, there this is the problem. I know and I admit that Prpch invi=olves himself in extracurricular, and after-the-whistle type stuff. I won't deny it. At times it has hurt our team. However, you claim to have watched all of these games and still refuse to admit that irmen does the same, in that case you're nothing but a non-credible goopher puke that is in denial. But just so you feel all warm and fuzzy coming on our board and trying to convince about irmens squeaky clean image, I guess I'll just agree with you and maybe you'll shut up and go away. So here we go, danny is a perfect choirboy, damn I wish he played for us. There are you happy now ?

like I said and admit before Irmen does get over emotional at times but does that make him dirty?. Yes, at times it has hurt the team just like you said Prpich hurts his team at times. So are you saying that Prpich is dirty because he involves himself in extracurricular and after whistle type stuff? You are the one that says Irmen is Dirty, I would just like you to back up your statement with some facts. If you can't I will just disagree with your opinion. As for calling me a Gopher puke, that is fine, it just shows what kind of fine you are.

Edited by hockey1

Oh My God. :0

So who told you this one? I'm surprised you didn't mention the bullet holes in the living room. ;)

It is true, but it was a Rock not a brick. It happened when the Potulny's were in the cities for a game. As for the source it came straight from Mrs. Potulny. When Grant committed to Minnesota the Parents received harrasing phone calls as well as verbal confrontations when they were at Grocery stores, malls, etc. Again this is straight from the Potulny's themselves. It has cooled down some but it still happens. Some people just can't relize it is recruiting. You get some players and you don't get some.

What do you want, specific dates, times, what. You claim to have watched him for three years you want to sit there anf tell me he's a saint. Laughable, justify it to yourself. As far as my status as a fan, I've been a Sioux fan longer than you've probably been on this earth. Again, maybe this time you will understand. Look at what you are posting and where you are posting it. Are you actually having that hard of a time understanding my position ? No matter what you post, and how many times you post it, I will not be happy for you, your team, or a hack like irmen for winning this weekend. I can't sight specific things or instances other than the Prphc check, there maybe that will make you happy, but if you proclaim to be a fan you know what I'm talking about when it comes to irmen. I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a junior vasity cheerleader for hill murray, cause you're obviously not watching the same game as every else. I can guarantee you won't change anyone's opinion here so why do you even try, you're just beating your head against a wall, your friends on goopher puke live my share your feelings though, how about giving it a try.

It is true, but it was a Rock not a brick. It happened when the Potulny's were in the cities for a game. As for the source it came straight from Mrs. Potulny. When Grant committed to Minnesota the Parents received harrasing phone calls as well as verbal confrontations when they were at Grocery stores, malls, etc. Again this is straight from the Potulny's themselves. It has cooled down some but it still happens. Some people just can't relize it is recruiting. You get some players and you don't get some.

Blais did not recruit the Potulny's nor did he recruit Irmen. Didn't get them 'cause they weren't wanted.

Blais did not recruit the Potulny's nor did he recruit Irmen. Didn't get them 'cause they weren't wanted.

That is an interesting comment about The Potulny's and Irmen not being recruited by the Sioux. Although Grant was lightly recruited by the Sioux, Ryan was heavily recruited by the Sioux. I think most Sioux fans realize that. In the Irmen case he was recruited by the Sioux but according to a Irmen family member Minnesota wanted him more. You can take this what it is worth but it is true.

That is an interesting comment about The Potulny's and Irmen not being recruited by the Sioux. Although Grant was lightly recruited by the Sioux, Ryan was heavily recruited by the Sioux. I think most Sioux fans realize that. In the Irmen case he was recruited by the Sioux but according to a Irmen family member Minnesota wanted him more. You can take this what it is worth but it is true.

According to the Potulny family, neither boy was not recruited by Blais. Lots of hurt feelings there. It wasn't the Irmen family who told me he wasn't recruited so maybe the person who told me was wrong, maybe.

What do you want, specific dates, times, what. You claim to have watched him for three years you want to sit there anf tell me he's a saint. Laughable, justify it to yourself. As far as my status as a fan, I've been a Sioux fan longer than you've probably been on this earth. Again, maybe this time you will understand. Look at what you are posting and where you are posting it. Are you actually having that hard of a time understanding my position ? No matter what you post, and how many times you post it, I will not be happy for you, your team, or a hack like irmen for winning this weekend. I can't sight specific things or instances other than the Prphc check, there maybe that will make you happy, but if you proclaim to be a fan you know what I'm talking about when it comes to irmen. I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a junior vasity cheerleader for hill murray, cause you're obviously not watching the same game as every else. I can guarantee you won't change anyone's opinion here so why do you even try, you're just beating your head against a wall, your friends on goopher puke live my share your feelings though, how about giving it a try.

Lighten up Triouxper, This all started with you calling Irmen dirty and I asked you to back it up and you can't except for the Prpich check. It just means you have one instance to justify him as a dirty player. In that case almost everone in the league is a dirty player based on one instance. I never said he is a saint, he is a emotional player and to me that is not a dirty player just like you don't think Prpich is dirty, he is emotional. Just out of curiousty did you post anything before the Gopher series on Irmen being dirty or do you feel this way after the series. As for being a Sioux fan longer than I have been on this earth you maybe right, I don't know your age but by the name calling comments (Goopher Puke Live, Goopher Puke, Junior Varsity Cheerleader) I kinda doubt it. Grown adults usually don't act this way. As for not understanding your postion I clearly do. You don't like Irmen or the Gophers, thats fine thats your opinion. I'm just sticking up for Irmen because I don't think he is dirty. I'm not hear to change anyone's opinion I have my opinion and you have your opinion. There all alot of knowledgeable fans on this board and I respect their opinion and in your case I don't agree with your opinion on Irmen but I respect it.

According to the Potulny family, neither boy was not recruited by Blais. Lots of hurt feelings there. It wasn't the Irmen family who told me he wasn't recruited so maybe the person who told me was wrong, maybe.

When I see the Potulny family in a few weeks I will ask them again if the Sioux ever recruited their sons.

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure they both were recruited by the Sioux.

Irmen's a dirty player, as is Prpch, hopefully you read this whole statement cause it's like the third time I have to say it. I've never once exonerated Prphc's actions, but you refuse to admit the irmen comes in elbow high half the time, slashes, spears and other various crap both during play and after whistles. As for you, you mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I don't give a damn if your feelings are hurt. Don't feel bad though you are not alone. I also dislike the following teams, players ect., in no particular order. Denver, Minnesota, paukovich, any idiot fan from st. clown, of course irmen, and probably you, but don't feel special, you can't help it that you have no clue.

Irmen's a dirty player, as is Prpch, hopefully you read this whole statement cause it's like the third time I have to say it. I've never once exonerated Prphc's actions, but you refuse to admit the irmen comes in elbow high half the time, slashes, spears and other various crap both during play and after whistles. As for you, you mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I don't give a damn if your feelings are hurt. Don't feel bad though you are not alone. I also dislike the following teams, players ect., in no particular order. Denver, Minnesota, paukovich, any idiot fan from st. clown, of course irmen, and probably you, but don't feel special, you can't help it that you have no clue.

Again with the insults, I really doubt you are older than me. By the way how old are you?

You are right, both are dirty players. But prpich will back his rough play up with a fight anytime, anywhere. unlike Irmen. Irmen will be in for a rude awakening when he goes to the next level.

Irmen will have way more success at the NHL level that Prpich, mainly because Prpich will never see that level, but also because Irmen has much more skill. The numbers don't lie.

UND didn't recruit Grant much at all, and Minnesota and Michigan State were the two finalists for him. Irmen was also recruited by UND but as a earlier poster said, Minnesota wanted him more.

CC to the guy who said either one was wanted: if that's the case, Deano screwed up.

I call them as I see them - the kid is and always has been a classless player. I think it is relevant to the discussion. He is a dirty player. If a Sioux player would have pulled the same thing, I would be saying the same thing. From what I know about him and his dad - personality very likely played a big reason why the Sioux didn't recruit him. If you have a different opinion I would like to hear it. If I need to show specific examples I can - it is not personal, the only reason I know these people is from being involved in Fargo youth hockey. Nothing ticks me off more than the hockey dad that feels the need to act like a complete jerk. Half of all the Raider parents fit that description, Irmen just happened to be one of the worse, and his kid happened to be extrememly talented. I hope Danny grows up and learns some class, in the NHL he would have gotten beat to a pulp for the crap he pulled last night.

Who are you to call out specific people on a message board and hide behind your screen name? Lashing out at a player and parent the way you are now is in fact classless. You say personality played a big role in the Sioux recruiting Danny? If you can find me a college team in the nation that wouldnt want Danny on their roster, I'll shut my mouth. But until that happens (never will), I'm going to speak my mind. Have you ever thought that because Danny grew up in Fargo he grew up loving the NDSU Bison, and who was the Bison's greatest rival? The Sioux. He grew up a Gopher fan and that is the reason for his actions twords the sioux. Danny is not only a very talented player, but he carries his team with his work ethic and emotion. Have you ever seen someone get hit from behind before? I have. Get over it, when its an emotional game like that game was it happens, it happens to the best players in the world. Take Todd Bertuzzi for instance. Almost every player in the NHL has forgiven Todd, saying that it happens, it wasnt intended to go that far. I have yet to hear of someone beating the pulp out of him as you would say. You seem to think you know a lot more about the sport than you really do Jloos. On the topic of his celebration. Some people get overly excited when they score. I don't believe Danny is one of these players. I believe in whatever Mr. Danny Irmen does he has a purpose. When he was in the box, the UND student section was all over him, and only God knows what they were saying. And when giving the chance to rub it right back in there face, I don't know many people who would not have done something similar. You seem to be quite the expert in how top notch hockey teams respond to cocky, physical play. Maybe you can tell me the name of the league in which you acquired such knowledge...?

Edited by specifics

Actually, UND did want Ryan Potulny and actively recruited him. But there was no room on the roster to offer Grant Potulny a scholarship. I believe that was the year that the Sioux recruited Josh Olsen. If the coaches had known that Olsen was going to bolt for Major Juniors rather than play college hockey they might have recruited Grant P. Blaiser readily admits they made a mistake in not recruiting him, but at the time the Sioux had other needs.

Irmen's had a chip on his shoulder ever since the Sioux passed him over. He felt he should have been offered a scholarship but the Sioux had other priorities. He should get over it and move on.

I can't think of a Sioux player from the MSP area that has carried a chip on his shoulder like Irman has. I guess UND hasn't had players on it's roster as a result of the Gophers passing them over for quite some time. All of the MSP and Minnesota kids (Z Parise, Brady Murray, Smaby, Finley, Stafford, Chorney, Lee, etc) who are playing and/or played for the Sioux are kids that the Gophers heavily recruited but they chose UND, so I guess there was no reason for them to carry around a chip. Matt Henderson is probably the last player that wanted to play for the Gophers but the Gophers didn't want him. So Billy Butters called Blaiser and Henderson walked on at UND and did quite well. He was the main cog in the Sioux winning the '97 National Championship. But he didn't carry a chip on his shoulder for four years (or even one year). He realized very quickly that the Gophers passing him over was a blessing in disguise.

Maybe Irman needs to plow into a goal at the end of this season to exorcize the demons he's carrying.

I don't think Irmen has any regrets about not playing for UND, just as I'm sure the Minneapolis-area kids are happy they are with the Sioux.

Both of these teams have blue-chip talent from each other's backyards, and when you cut through all the BS, any Minnesota fan would love to have Stafford or Smaby, just as any UND fan would love to have Irmen or Potulny. You can't get 'em all...