SiouxSports.com Forum

Paukovich article in the DENVER POST

Fighting Sioux #1

What type of reception does this idiot expect to recieve in Grand Forks? What he did is not quite as bad as Bertuzzi but its not far behind. I really hope someone takes him out.

Yes we can and we should, Its called evening a score.

Someone that work with listened to Mac talk the other day and apparently this came up in the discussion and apparently Punkovich wouldn't fight anyone from UND, and that he is basically a chicken S#!t gutless wonder and probably won't fight this weekend. If you listen to what the Sioux players are saying it appears that someone from UND is going to challenge him and get it on. If you read the aritcle it basically sounds as if his coach Goz is giving him the go ahead to do what he has to do, I don't care what some think, this is part of the game of hockey and has to be settled. If this is not collected or it will fester like the Bertuzzi incident did and get more ugly.

I have no respect for what this guy did, I saw the hit, I saw the smirk in the penatly box, the kid is an ass and a classless act in my opinion. At least Bertuzzi showed some remorse quicker than this thug did. He has a debt to pay. Its time to collect on it.

LOL, I am not so sure I can go over the glass from the upper deck.

If you happened to land on him from up there, it might hurt a bit ;) Maybe you could ride that dirigible out over the ice. :)

Actually I was wondering if you know if the Northern Mallards had started to make its way down to ND or not? I am sick of eating too much local ducks. HE,he,he,he...

Sorry, can't help you from Mpls. But my brother-in-law and I got 4 local pheasants in SW MN on the 16th!

Don't be fooled, Gwozdickhead knows exactly the type of player Paukovich is and he encourages it. The quote "that's the kind of team ND is" really pisses me off. The Sioux were definately tough last year, not cheap. There is a big difference. The classy thing to say would have been to show remorse and say you are focused on getting back to playing hockey. Not disparage the other team and tell them that your coaches have given you the OK to fight back if you are jumped.

Poor Paukovich, he really comes off looking like the victim. Breaks a guys neck and now people talk mean to him and the guy's neck he broke won't even call him back to talk about the nice card he sent.

:)

4 points for the Sioux this weekend restores my faith in the hockey gods.

Don't be fooled, Gwozdickhead knows exactly the type of player Paukovich is and he encourages it. The quote "that's the kind of team ND is" really pisses me off. The Sioux were definately tough last year, not cheap. There is a big difference. The classy thing to say would have been to show remorse and say you are focused on getting back to playing hockey. Not disparage the other team and tell them that your coaches have given you the OK to fight back if you are jumped.

Poor Paukovich, he really comes off looking like the victim. Breaks a guys neck and now people talk mean to him and the guy's neck he broke won't even call him back to talk about the nice card he sent.

:)

4 points for the Sioux this weekend restores my faith in the hockey gods.

Hennesy was classic last night, the one Denver player came out on his first shift and ran the goalie hard, basically said Goz did it on purpose. The stupid tatic cost the Denver player 5 and the game, however, as Tim put it. Come on.

This whole western, vigilante justice things, though expected from some, just doesn't get to the heart of the matter.

After Pauk did what he did last year, his TEAM won the National Championship. Putting him through the boards doesn't change that, and what little happiness some may get by seeing him get pounded is nothing compared to the revenge that will come if this UND team WINS a National Championship.

I understand the blood lust for him on some level; he got one of ours, now we have to get him, but honestly what good will it do. Last night's game was the first step in getting him/them back. Let's do the same tonight, and as I watched Paukovich, it's clear that he's not the #1 guy on the ice for them on ANY shift, so I can only hope our players, as compared to our fans, understand that.

Btw, their D-man, Matt Carle is a stud. Watch him, he makes plays.

After Pauk did what he did last year, his TEAM won the National Championship. Putting him through the boards doesn't change that, and what little happiness some may get by seeing him get pounded is nothing compared to the revenge that will come if this UND team WINS a National Championship.

Ok lets win another one. But Shep - he still broke Bina's neck!!!!!!! The little happiness sure makes the fans and his family feel alittle better.

This whole western, vigilante justice things, though expected from some, just doesn't get to the heart of the matter.

I understand the blood lust for him on some level; he got one of ours, now we have to get him, but honestly what good will it do. Last night's game was the first step in getting him/them back. Let's do the same tonight, and as I watched Paukovich, it's clear that he's not the #1 guy on the ice for them on ANY shift, so I can only hope our players, as compared to our fans, understand that.

Btw, their D-man, Matt Carle is a stud. Watch him, he makes plays.

OK then, what Osama Bin Laden did he did in 2001, therefore it doesn't matter now... ;):)

Note I'm not making a relative statement between the two, only pointing out the flaw in the logic.

OK then, what Osama Bin Laden did he did in 2001, therefore it doesn't matter now... ;):)

Note I'm not making a relative statement between the two, only pointing out the flaw in the logic.

You're NOT? making a relative statement???

Then why make the relative statement??

Look, what happened to Bina was awful, but this eye-for-an-eye logic escapes me.

Beat them on the scoreboard where it counts.

Not much flaw in that logic as far as I can tell.