SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UMD

spfreak

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This win gives UND three road wins over teams with a .700 or better winning percentage, which give the highest strength of schedule point total possible. I doubt any other dII team in the country can make a similar claim. Now we just need UMD and Central Washington to finish with no more than three losses. I'm pretty sure Winona State won't lose more than one more, so that one seems safe. That fact that West Chester keeps winning is also a nice bonus.

...ugly...ugly...ugly.

Is the UMD D that good or are we just playing bad?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Went to the game. I didn't think it was as close as the score. O-line didn't show up in the first half, too many sacks. Too many undisciplined penalties on both sides of the ball. Too many were by seniors who should be team leaders. No excuse. They won't get away with sloppy play like that against a good team.

Game wasn't sold out but it was a nice day and the visitors side of the field was full with a great following of Sioux fans. Too bad for Bubba because for a school of 10,000 and city that big to not fill the place is pathetic. Their asst AD was in and around Sioux tailgaters learning every thing she could. She was sampling Chili and making sure we had our adult beverages in cups because the campus is "dry". They had Rob Bollinger speak at the Hall of Fame banquet the night before and she said he did a great job. One of their former players said Bubba is connecting with their FB alumni and they are getting on board. Bodes well for thier future.

We will need to play better to win out.

This win gives UND three road wins over teams with a .700 or better winning percentage, which give the highest strength of schedule point total possible. I doubt any other dII team in the country can make a similar claim.  Now we just need UMD and Central Washington to finish with no more than three losses. I'm pretty sure Winona State won't lose more than one more, so that one seems safe. That fact that West Chester keeps winning is also a nice bonus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm watching that too...it's gonna be key if things stay the way we are...Grand Valley will move up to #2 and (hopefully) stay there. They want nothing more than to bring us to Lubbers but "if" we can keep it going...the boys from Allendale will be making that long rental van trip back to the Alerus :D:lol: (and I'm NOT talking about the team ??? )