SiouxSports.com Forum

Canisius

dagies

Good game for the guys tonite.

Bochenski with 2

Lundbohm, D Hale, Genoway, McMahon all score. First goals for Hale and Genoway on the season.

Sounded like Prpich had a good game but afterwards Blais seemed to indicate he would break up that first line as they did not play off each other very well.

Blais was not happy with the odd man opportunities the team gave up. But was happy with Ranfranz making the saves on those chances. Blais said Marc has earned another start, probably in the Christmas tourney.

Blais is concerned as R Hale hurt his shoulder. Sounded like a seperation and he would sit tomorrow night, anyway. D Hale was interviewed later and he said no seperation and R might play tomorrow.

I'm happy to see the 4 guys other than Bochenski who scored tonite. Very good for them.

Connelly also seemed to have some good chances and is on the verge of getting his first goal. Maybe tomorrow...

The way that David Hale was talking on the post game show it sounded like Ryan had a bruise or something to that matter on his shoulder.

Great to see UND win, Canisis is brutal, definate difference in talent. The Canisis goalie should have been given a game star tonight as he was pretty good. I caught the elderly woman that sits next to us sleeping during the game. I agree boring game...

UND played good though never in any danger of losing...

Think I fell asleep listening to the audio feed. Surprised this team wins in the CHA, or whatever it is they play in.

Sprig, sorry dude, wrong league, they are from the Mid Atlantic Atheletic Conference. Traditionally a Division one Basketball league... In other words a weak league. However, the EZAC is a little better.

Opps my bad I guess I fell asleep reading your post. Wow, It was nice to see UND get more power plays then the oppistion for a change. I am not used to that...

Sprig, sorry dude, wrong league, they are from the Mid Atlantic Atheletic Conference. Traditionally a Division one Basketball league... In other words a weak league. However, the EZAC is a little better.

Opps my bad I guess I fell asleep reading your post. Wow, It was nice to see UND get more power plays then the oppistion for a change. I am not used to that...

So that means they are Division 1 in football... since the Sioux were 2-1 vs future D-1 programs this year, maybe we should schedule them in football too.

If in fact Ryan Hale's shoulder is just bruised, I would rather see him sit out until the CC series and rest his body than come back in the lineup tomorrow. We need everyone there and healthy for CC, and I would assume Hale would be paired up against the top line of Senja and Cullen again.

Don't let the Cornellians hear you say that ??? Sure you used a logical thought process before you posted :p

Screw em, and the rest of the EZAC they are the WAC of college hockey. Wow, there is really a big difference between a WCHA team and a MAAC, I guess Canisus played and beat Mercy Worst and they are supposed to be a good team. Wow, I hope we don't play a lot of MAAC teams in the future. Or we will probably hear a bunch of stuff about strenght of schedule.

I have to give Canisius a lot of credit. They are trying hard to build a good program and are very appreciative of Dean Blais and UND giving them a chance.

Tim Dillon, the Canisius AD, was at the post-game press briefing and gave lots of support to head coach Brian Cavananaugh. In two seasons of covering the Sioux home games for USCHO, that's something I've never seen before.

I like the fact that Blaiser gives up and coming teams a shot at a game should be commended. However, I am sick and tired of hearing fans and media give them a hard time for doing this. Feasting on patsy and cream puffs. Ala Happy...

Dahl has been doing this with SCSU he played a home and home with BSU the last couple of years. However, last year it almost cost Dahl's team a loss in the John Glass field house. I think we have to give these teams a shot.

In another note, I guess Maine isn't having the best of time with the MAAC this season they barely beat QC 2-1 and Iona played Maine them tough last night losing 4-1.

So that means they are Division 1 in football... since the Sioux were 2-1 vs future D-1 programs this year, maybe we should schedule them in football too.

farce:

Look at UND's hockey schedule last and this season. Non-conference games (outside of tournaments where UND doesn't control opponent) they've played:

Minnesota (Hall of Fame game)

Maine

St. Lawrence

Canisius

Princeton

Yale

Brown

One of those is a IA football program. Another is a DIII. The rest are DIAA football programs. Food for thought.

farce:

Look at UND's hockey schedule last and this season. Non-conference games (outside of tournaments where UND doesn't control opponent) they've played:

Minnesota (Hall of Fame game)

Maine

St. Lawrence

Canisius

Princeton

Yale

Brown

One of those is a IA football program. Another is a DIII. The rest are DIAA football programs. Food for thought.

Sicatoka - brilliant inductive reasoning, dude. Or as Garth Brooks would say "I got friends in I-AA places".

The sticking point, I believe, will be a couple:

1) A conference ... but if Omaha goes, I bet then UND and USD go too.

2) There's the question of a decent (modern) basketball arena ... I'm just fine with the wood bleachers at Hyslop but UND would need to get more $$ for the hoops, and REA is too busy for it to work full time.

[i am assuming REA / hockey profits will cover women's hockey scholarships while their fan base builds AND generate enough $$ to cover a bunch of other costs.]

Can you solve this basketball thing?