SiouxSports.com Forum

UND in D-IAA

knowledge

Okay, my bad. You'd think CSTV would have a current poll, but I digress. So, actually, Delaware is ranked even higher than I thought they were. If a team that was 2-9 in their 2nd to last year in D2 can be ranked in the top 10 in just their 2nd year of D-1AA, just imagine what a perennial D2 powerhouse such as UND, UNO, GVSU, or PSU might do if and when they decide to make that move. I think this all goes to show that the step up from D2 to D-1AA is nothing more than a baby step.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really wish you would EDUCATE YOURSELF on this one. Yes, NDSU was 2-8. What you fail to recognize is that NDSU did not "just change divisions" and become 8-3 our fist year of I-AA. Check our roster and you will see a $hitload of DI recruits. I hope you are not still paying on your student loan from that fine UND education. That, my friend, is ignorant. Let me help you:

With the move to DI, NDSU made a 110% COMMITMENT to being playoff eligible by 2008. That involves revruiting DI athletes, getting DI coaching, and getting a lot of money (i.e. Team Makers/alumni contributions, etc.) to make the wheels turn. We didn't "just go DI". If the above mentioned schools (PSU, GVSU) had the resources and the wherewithal to do the same thing that the Bison are they might be succesful, to their credit. There is a firm belief and an even firmer commitment to making this work. Probably foreign language to the big fish in an ever increasingly-small pond.....................

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1986 and 1990 Bison teams would destroy the team they have right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are completely different teams from completely different eras. Even with that said, there is no way that the Bison teams from 86 or 90 could do anything against today's Bison. They are bigger, faster, and stronger, just like FargoBison pointed out. I think that ndsubison said it best when he said you should educate yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With all credit to those teams, they would not destroy the 2005 Bison. Everybody knows that lateral speed will kill an option offense. For reference, check last years Bison/Carson-Newman game. I go to the games, you do not. Stick to following the whioux. That is your obvious strength :D:)

GO BISON!!@

2005 Great West Champions

The only thing close was the scores of the games. Only losers point out the fact that the games were close. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. When you guys were running up the score on us back in the '80s, you still only got one in the "W" column for each of those wins. The fact is the Sioux owned the Bison from 93-03, winning 10 of 13 head-to-head matchups

From 93-03, how many NCC titles did each team win?

From 93-03, how many playoff games did each team play in?

From 93-03, how many playoff games did each team host?

From 93-03, how many playoff teams did each team win?

From 93-03, how many times did each team advance to the semifinals?

From 93-03, how many times did each team play for a national championship?

When you find the answers to those six questions you'll realize they were not close at all. NDSU was a borderline playoff team most years while UND was one of the top D2 programs in the nation during that time period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If UND was so much better then why didn't UND run up the score? The teams were close and the reason for NDSU missing the playoffs all those years were probably because they lost to UND. But that is in the past.

Like I said earlier a key factor in the NDSU transformation is coach Bohl and if Bohl was coaching NDSU all those years I think things would have been much different(especially in the Babich era).

Well, let's use Delaware as a measuring stick. Delaware, currently ranked #11 in D-1AA beat West Chester 42-21 this past Saturday. UND beat West Chester 41-7 a few Saturdays ago. The fact that UND beat West Chester more convincingly than Delaware beat them leads me to believe that UND would hold their own against most D-1AA teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bravo Dave!!!! Lets all get serious right now!!! UND hates NDSU and Vice Versa but the fact is "we both have very good football teams!!" The real facts are that the only real differences from D1AA and D2 are the low end schools. I mean the bottom (weakest) 1/2 of the teams in D1AA are most likely hands down more competitive then the bottom 1/2 teams in D2... But the reality is that the top 10 to 20 teams in both divisions would give each other all they could handle. Anyone who thinks that UND wouldnt compete right with NDSU is just plain stupid and does not have a clue about anything that has to do with football. This fact also holds true in the reverse for NDSU....they have a solid football team and would have no problem playing with anyone at their level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry but I have to get ready to head out to a SOLD -OUT DIVISION I game in Montana this wknd. Have fun with your shellacking of Augustana this wknd and best of luck with the Dac-10 in the future...... :D:);):D

und2 whioux "keep reminiscing"

Step UP or shut up

GO BISON!!!

Bravo Dave!!!! Lets all get serious right now!!! UND hates NDSU and Vice Versa but the fact is "we both have very good football teams!!" The real facts are that the only real differences from D1AA and D2 are the low end schools. I mean the bottom (weakest) 1/2 of the teams in D1AA are most likely hands down more competitive then the bottom 1/2 teams in D2... But the reality is that the top 10 to 20 teams in both divisions would give each other all they could handle. Anyone who thinks that UND wouldnt compete right with NDSU is just plain stupid and does not have a clue about anything that has to do with football. This fact also holds true in the reverse for NDSU....they have a solid football team and would have no problem playing with anyone at their level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, DaveK, Junior. I feel dumber for having read that.

like we need THIS crap :D:);)

BYE CHUMPS!! Have fun playing with YOURSELVES for the next couple years! We'll send you a postcard from Florence..you know...with a NC on the line :D Something you guys haven't tasted for like...oh...a decade and a half? ;) (MAN it must be lonely in di-AA...I think UND is doing fine right where they're at!)

UND could play one IAA and be just fine. Both GVSU and CN have played IAA's in the past and it didn't affect them getting into the playoffs. NDSU played two IAA's their last year in D2 and were just one win away from making the playoffs and that was back in the day were playing a IAA really hurt and only 4 teams made the playoffs. If UND really wants to know where they would stand in IAA then they should play a IAA school.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am really begining to think you really dont know what you are talking about....you just are blinded by that bison piss yellow....! Anyone who knows anything about football will conceed that NDSU has a hell of a team this year, probably one of the best in D1AA, but also anyone who knows anything about football knows that UND would play right with NDSU this year any day of the week!! So if you are going to just be an errogant idiot that is using a UND forum to talk up your team to make you feel better, keep it up but remember you are just an idiot in the long run! If you were smart you would be glad for both teams .... as a whole North Dakota is making it known to the country that they better stop and notice that some pretty good college football is going on up here!!!!

You cannot be serious.  I will probably be lambasted on this board as being a Bison homer but--seriously--have you personally been to ANY Bison games this year?  Have you noticed that the athletes are bigger, stronger and FASTER?  It is not a facade.  It is most certainly a higher level of competition and to think that UND would win the Great West is absurd.  They would most likely finish 4th or 5th.  Seriously.  NDSU, Poly, Davis, and I dare say SDSU would all beat UND head to head this year.  I would also say that NDSU & Poly would handle the sioux convincingly. 

GO BISON!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Throwing in SDSU in the argument destroys any case that DIAA >> DII. SDSU is practically by definition, with its ~40 scholarships, still a DII school, and it was always a mediocre one at that. SDSU consistently loses recruiting battles to UND in the Wisconsin and Twin Cities areas even with its DIAA label so its talent level is not better. SDSU, a mediocre DII football school in DIAA clothing, but yet it is making its mark in the DIAA world (and yet NDSU still loses to them)? Speaks more about the caliber of NCC football than any else.

When was the last time your sorry program actually hosted a playoff game? 'Nuff said.

PS - You aren't a true D-1 team. You're D-1AA, which is just a glorified version of D-2. D-1 is Florida State, USC, Texas, etc... Let's see you play those guys if you think you're such hot stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody is comparing NDSU to a DI-a team, so get that idea out of your head. And as for the sorry program comment, well, #8 in the country. Nuff said.

If you think that your sorry program can compete with us, why don't you get your sweet Kupchella to play us. And if you think that you are such hot stuff, why don't you just quit using the playoff excuse and prove it by playing a DI-aa team.

B2k- I don't care what UND does in D2 and for the most part the nation could care less. Whether UND wins or loses so what. What gets me angry is that UND fans and Kupchella don't seem to understand how good IAA really is and that UND wouldn't be able to go right in and dominate like you think. If UND had the schedule NDSU is having this year they would struggle , UND has never seen a schedule of this caliber. If UND and NDSU played tomorrow I would say NDSU 35 UND 14. Thie bison are bigger and faster and that would show up big time on the field. There is not one defense in D2 that UND would see that would compare to NDSU's and there are few if any coaches and Qb's that are as good as Walker and Bohl. And NDSU is 3-0 and ranked in the top 10, I'm feeling better then ever right now and I'm just here to set a few UND fans straight. Overall UND fans lack of knowledge of IAA shows every time you post. I challange any UND fan to go over to AnyGivenSaturday.com and tell them some of your views of IAA.

If you think that your sorry program can compete with us, why don't you get your sweet Kupchella to play us.  And if you think that you are such hot stuff, why don't you just quit using the playoff excuse and prove it by playing a DI-aa team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must be a little slow on the uptake. Buning has offered to play 'da bizon' even with the scholarship disadvantage and negative DII playoff implications. Chapman, Taylor, and Bohl have refused. Losing would be to embarassing for a DI team. :D

Isn't it funny that less than a half hour from the time Knowledge posted this thread, two Bison fans show up to discuss the matter. Not that their not welcome, but geez, you guys must check-up on this board quite often to see what's happening at UND if two of you follow up that quickly. With that being said, good luck this weekend. Although I'm a Sioux fan, I do want you to kick the crap out of any Montana schools. I grew up in the western end of the state and know first hand how cocky they are about Griz and the Cats.

B2k- I don't care what UND does in D2 and for the most part the nation could care less. Whether UND wins or loses so what. What gets me angry is that UND fans and Kupchella don't seem to understand how good IAA really is and that UND wouldn't be able to go right in and dominate like you think. If UND had the schedule NDSU is having this year they would struggle , UND has never seen a schedule of this caliber. If UND and NDSU played tomorrow I would say NDSU 35 UND 14. Thie bison are bigger and faster and that would show up big time on the field. There is not one defense in D2 that UND would see that would compare to NDSU's and there are few if any coaches and Qb's that are as good as Walker and Bohl. And NDSU is 3-0 and ranked in the top 10, I'm feeling better then ever right now and I'm just here to set a few UND fans straight. Overall UND fans lack of knowledge of IAA shows every time you post. I challange any UND fan to go over to AnyGivenSaturday.com and tell them some of your views of IAA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

everythingrosy_sm.jpg

Possibly a rose-colored perspective there, huh?

Possibly a rose-colored perspective there, huh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Say whatever you want but until UND plays a DIAA team who are you to say how good NDSU really is or any top 25 IAA school for that matter. I am serious I would like to see UND play teams like SIU, Nwst St, Montana st, Cal Poly, and UC Davis all in the same season and see what would happen. I don't think things would go as good as some of you UND fans think. But back to the fact that this Bison team is good and I think they would beat UND handily. Please tell me why UND would beat NDSU, I am intersted in hearing your opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So are you saying that the 8 D-2 National Championships NDSU won in football(what the Bison have hung their hats on for the past three decades), that nobody, including the nation, cares. I assume they took down the D2 title banners in the FargoDome because it is too embarassing that you guys played D2 football at one time. Also, you guys really need to go back to the classic football uniforms, thoughs new one are aweful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhh!! I get it now.. you really are an idiot! If you really think that Bohl is one of the best coaches in the land u are possibly one of the dumbest people of all time! I have absolutely no doubt that 10 out of 10 neutral sports analysts would tell you that just up the road 70miles there is a coach that is so far above the level of Bohl it is an insult to even put the 2 in the same sentence with each other.