SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Not sure if this was posted anywhere...but...

At the Northeastern game, there were a number of Junior Bruins players and one of the US NDTP teams. The US team was together in the upper level and didn't get to talk to any of them. I saw about 5 Jr. Bruins players throughout. Hopefully they got the right impressions.

Anyone know if we will be dipping into wisconsin for recruits such at Nate Condon(Wausau) and Seth Soley(Eau Claire) I was looking at the Elite League final stats and noticed they were the top two scorers and it also caught my attention that Eric Meland and Ryan Ladoucer(both Grand Forks) had very good summer seasons as well just wondering if anyone has seen those wisconsin guys play as im pretty sure they havent commited anywhere and they put up some impressive numbers.

As I remember Soley was mentioned quite a while ago in a thread on this site. However I haven't heard that we have shown interest in either Soley or Condon. I would think that we are completely full at forward for next year and I think that we have some other targets for 09 so I don't know that it is likely that we would end up with either of them. As for Meland, he has been getting some interest from D1 programs already. Most of them out east. Don't know about LaDouceur.

Keep an eye on Andrew MacWilliam from Camrose of the AJHL. I know that we have shown interest in him and the feeling is mutual from what I have heard.

Ignore MacWilliam and instead focus on his younger D partner, Dylan Olsen. While your at it make sure Joe Colborne doesn't do anything to compromise his NCAA eligibility.

Please in the future stick to the two or three best players on a Tier II Junior team. MacWilliam doesn't have the foot speed to play in the WCHA.. He's probably the 5 or 6th defencemen on this team.

edit: Looks like Colborne is commited to Denver. Get Olsen before he goes to the WHL.

Wondering if I should bother taking in any Bemidji HS games this year.

Anyone know if the Sioux are looking at anyone from.....

East Grand Forks

Monticello-Annandale-Maple Lake

Moorhead

Saint Cloud Apollo

Warroad

International Falls

Coon Rapids

River Lakes Stars

Roseau (Lee? Landman?) (If nothing else, I can watch Ness and hate that he's gonna be a Gopher :) )

Grand Rapids

Alexandria

Thief River Falls

Detroit Lakes

East Grand Forks

Moorhead

Saint Cloud Apollo

Warroad

International Falls

Coon Rapids

River Lakes Stars

Roseau (Lee? Landman?) (If nothing else, I can watch Ness and hate that he's gonna be a Gopher :huh: )

Grand Rapids

Alexandria

Thief River Falls

Detroit Lakes

Ben Ammerman from moorhead? you could also watch ravndalen from warroad who will be playing for st. cloud just throwing that out there im not sure if jake youso will be back at international falls but hes to be a gopher as well. :)

East Grand Forks

Moorhead

Saint Cloud Apollo

Warroad

International Falls

Coon Rapids

River Lakes Stars

Roseau (Lee? Landman?) (If nothing else, I can watch Ness and hate that he's gonna be a Gopher :) )

Grand Rapids

Alexandria

Thief River Falls

Detroit Lakes

I don't know if they are interested, but Hebel from Warroad fits the bill and is probably worth seeing... He will also be on FSN this season.

Ben Ammerman from moorhead? you could also watch ravndalen from warroad who will be playing for st. cloud just throwing that out there im not sure if jake youso will be back at international falls but hes to be a gopher as well. :)

I'm really starting to dislike these Gophers. :huh:

Ignore MacWilliam and instead focus on his younger D partner, Dylan Olsen. While your at it make sure Joe Colborne doesn't do anything to compromise his NCAA eligibility.

Please in the future stick to the two or three best players on a Tier II Junior team. MacWilliam doesn't have the foot speed to play in the WCHA.. He's probably the 5 or 6th defencemen on this team.

edit: Looks like Colborne is commited to Denver. Get Olsen before he goes to the WHL.

We are one of MacWilliam's final two so, even if I ignore him, Hak and crew haven't been. That is from a very reputable source.

As I remember Soley was mentioned quite a while ago in a thread on this site. However I haven't heard that we have shown interest in either Soley or Condon. I would think that we are completely full at forward for next year and I think that we have some other targets for 09 so I don't know that it is likely that we would end up with either of them. As for Meland, he has been getting some interest from D1 programs already. Most of them out east. Don't know about LaDouceur.

SCSU is also pretty full for next season and the season after that. IMHO, the best way to identify potential '09 & '10 recruits from Elite League stats is to identify the best sophomores and juniors (especially the young ones). Check their size, other stats, and any previous accolades (Select Camp, Model Camp, USHL Tryouts, etc). Then, if like me, you really don't have to opportunity to watch these kids play in person all that much, ask the opinion of somebody who has.

For example, after Hanowski, Danny Mattson, and the Wisconsin kids, the highest scoring junior was Dan DeLisle from Totino-Grace. First off, he's 6'3" 209... that's good. I checked his stats from last season and saw that he was the second leading scorer for a very good Eagles team... that's good too. Finally, I saw that he participated at Model Camp, but not much else. I asked somebody with some knowlege what he thought of Dan and he said he was 'okay'. He's 2009 draft eligible, which helps explain why he hasn't gotten much attention yet. I'm guessing that, like most big kids, if he can learn to skate really well he'll get some attention. If he takes to long to really emerge, he'll be a signee with either a non-WCHA school or a walk-on for the goofers.

We are one of MacWilliam's final two so, even if I ignore him, Hak and crew haven't been. That is from a very reputable source.

This doesn't sound like a kid who lacks the ability to play in the WCHA: Parents Pleased with AJHL Experience

Still, for a talent like Camrose Kodiaks defenceman Andrew MacWilliam heading into his NHL draft year, the Major Junior ranks weren

Does anyone know anything about Evan Pigham? I don't think he is being considered by UND, but still he is putting up big points seemingly out of nowhere. He might be this years Bozak.

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=331297

Have seen and heard that also. I haven't seen the Silverbacks yet this year, but am planning on going to the Backs/Vipers game Fri nite.

Will let ya know then.

kelly zajac with 25 points in 18 games 3rd on the team in scoring

yeah he has stepped it up this year for sure. im assuming this is his last year in the bchl? think we are full at forward for next year unless someone leaves that we dont expect and that can always happen. or would he be available as an 09 if anyone knows if hes even on the radar??