SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

So you don't believe in Hakstol's ability to judge talent? Or do you think he is just bringing him in for a year to fill a void, and then will dispose of him? Either way, doesn't sound like you give Hakstol much credit. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but when you make a statement like that, there are only so many conclusions to draw. The same things were said of Scott Foyt from people on this board for a couple of years, and that didn't turn out to be the case at all. If you work hard and pull your weight in practice you will be around if you wish to, unless there are off-ice situations.

thanks for not doing that! :silly: i just see it this way: he was a late addition and im sure he is talented. i think that unless he has a poor attitude(which i doubt), he will be here as long a he wants. i think hak and staff are arguably the best recruiting team in the nation(given the talented, hard working, and mature kids they bring in). the reason why i would guess that he would leave is because the next few years are going to be VERY deep at forward. he may feel that it is advantageous to pull out and go to another school for his development, like bishop did, and quite possibly get more playing time.

i hope that helps

If you go to westerncollegehockey under the 08 recruits. there is a bunch that have not yet been picked by anyone.

so, there are 11 months of 08 recruiting left. besides that is his personal list, and not all players will be picked. people need to not nit-pick over my statement.

Davidson will be here for four years. Recently coming from a good source on this topic, what people need to understand is that you always want to overstock a certain amount on recruits. You can try to predict early departures, but there are also adverse circumstances pertaining to players leaving for personal reasons (in the case of Spirko) and injury.

no, its just my educated guess. he was not exactly a highly sought after player. im thinking that und was the only american college to give him an offer.

Quite a few D1 schools gave Davidson a pretty serious look and were very interested in him. I don't think he ever got a firm offer from anybody, but it sounded like a situation where a lot of teams thought he was a good player, but not quite the right fit for their program.

Quite a few D1 schools gave Davidson a pretty serious look and were very interested in him. I don't think he ever got a firm offer from anybody, but it sounded like a situation where a lot of teams thought he was a good player, but not quite the right fit for their program.

good to know, i hope he does fit in here. with his size he could be very dangerous.

i just was looking at the BCHL site and kelly zajac had a 5 point nigh the other night. i know he is an 08 recruit, but im wondering how likely it would be to get him in 09. does anybody know how likely that would be? is und looking at him seriously?

Interesting question. I have to assume that he has at least talked with the Sioux. One thing to note about the 5 point night is that he is playing on the top Salmon Arm line with Derek Lee and Evan Pighin. Maybe Kelly is a late bloomer. Believe it or not the Sioux already have 16 forwards that would be eligible for 2009.

Kelly really wants to end up at UND is what he facebooked me...

do you know him, or are you just doing some recruiting?

and siouxnami, the 16 that you came up with, is that including potential departures? regardless, darcy was a late bloomer, and kelly may be a year later than darcy in blooming. and of course und would love to have budish on the roster.

and siouxnami, the 16 that you came up with, is that including potential departures? regardless, darcy was a late bloomer, and kelly may be a year later than darcy in blooming. and of course und would love to have budish on the roster.

better be careful with the recruiting word! im sure its just a innocent facebook question he/she asked. im sure all the zajacs want to come to und, thats not a suprise. the youngest i believe is the only defensemen of the 4. he should be a good one

better be careful with the recruiting word! im sure its just a innocent facebook question he/she asked. im sure all the zajacs want to come to und, thats not a suprise. the youngest i believe is the only defensemen of the 4. he should be a good one

maybe i shouldnt have offered kelly a full ride then. :) my bad! ;) i actually was thinking the same thing that you were.

No I am not currently speculating on departures:

Chris VandeVelde

Darcy Zajac

Michael Forney

Brad Malone

Evan Trupp

Matt Frattin

Brent Davidson

David Toews

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Jason Gregoire

Mario Lamoureux

Danny Kristo

Mike Fink

Danny Mattson

yep, Nolan is the only defenseman and he doesn't graduate until like 2010.

No I don't know him personally but did ask him a few things on facebook which he was nice and answered me. The way he put it seemed like he wasn't even thinking of anywhere else but I guess if we don't have room why waste his talent and just to be on the Sioux team which I really hope doesn't happen. We mind as well get all 4 of them....lol

No I don't know him personally but did ask him a few things on facebook which he was nice and answered me. The way he put it seemed like he wasn't even thinking of anywhere else but I guess if we don't have room why waste his talent and just to be on the Sioux team which I really hope doesn't happen. We mind as well get all 4 of them....lol

no room right now as we are packed with forwards the next couple years but you never know what happens with departures expected or not

AZSIOUX, your avatar scares me. It looks like milk should be squirting out of his eye at any second. :( Was he the guy on Lettermans stupid human tricks? :lol:

FUNNY, its my favorite rapper Slug. He is a Mineesota guy. Heres a new avatar for a quick break :D