SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

As far as the goalie, that would be Pat Arnason and IMO he is not d1 material. He seems to me to be a product of very good players in front of him. I think that the two d men have a shot at playing d1 although I would take Galbreath over LaDouceur any day. There is also a forward (Eric Meland) who I think should end up playing d1 if he chooses to.

Your right on the mark when it comes to Arnason, we will be lucky to make a USHL team, its the defense in front of him. Arnason looked sick against Williston in the State Tourney, I think he let in like 3 goals on 12 shots or something like that.

There is suppose to be a good class of sophmores coming through central this winter. The Ray kid from Centeral is pretty good and he played defense as a Freshman for central.

Personally, I don't think the Huskies should give up on Budish. If he really is behind so many others in that draft class, he should still be in Motzko's realm of possible candidates, if only just. I just don't see how SCSU can't land one of Budish, Hanowski, Landman, or Schmidt. All of whom are top-flight recruits (at this point) and who've probably been contacted by SCSU amongst other schools. Hopefully, players like Maetche and French will rise to the top, as SCSU would likely have the edge on them. Although, Nick Oliver has been getting a lot of praise from the select events he's participated in. It looks like Motzko may have gotten a steal there.

As for UND, I think you guys will probably go all the way to the finish line for Budish, Hanowski, Landman and Mattson. As for how many of them you get, I have no idea.

The goofers will have their work cut out for them with all the guys just mentioned. But even if they crap out, they'll have consolation prizes of Danny Mattson, Tyler Pitlick, Nick Leddy, Tyler Lapic, etc. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they won't crap out. There's about a year and a half (91's and late 90's) that are chalk full of solid players, IMHO.

Just curious as to who the French kid is. The reason I ask is that I know a Monte French from Crookston. Thanks for any help.

Corey Fienhage has been talked about before. I've never seen him play but he is a tall at d-men at 6-4. He will be participating with Gleason and Fink at the Select 17 in a few weeks. He is on Waterloo's protected list so it looks like he will be playing with Fink in Waterloo next season.

Yeah, I think that's right. All I know is that he's a big sophmore forward for Hill-Murray, and that his dad played for SCSU.

Thanks. I believe that is correct as I saw somewhere else (from my brother) where he started at St. Cloud Cathedral and I know that is where the family currently lives. Haven't seen him play but if he has the talent his father had he'll be a good one. I live in the Cities and my wife is a Hill grad so I'll try to scope out some games this season and let the faithful know.

The first day of games for the USA Hockey Select 16 festival concluded. Some potential recruits to look out for that stood out today were Zach Budish with three points along with Nick Mattson, Sam Alfieri, and Connar Gaarder with a point each. Remember that each team only played one game.

After day three of the Select 16's, here are the scoring leaders,

http://www.oswebs.com/usah/public/report.a...amp;k=3&t=3

Nate Schmidt is one of the scoring leaders and mentioned UND in a recruiting article once although it seems like he is favoring CC, here is the link for that,

http://www.ushl.com/news/0607/20070212CSSchmidtPachis.cfm

is Sam Alfieri from shattuck?

After day three of the Select 16's, here are the scoring leaders,

http://www.oswebs.com/usah/public/report.a...amp;k=3&t=3

Nate Schmidt is one of the scoring leaders and mentioned UND in a recruiting article once although it seems like he is favoring CC, here is the link for that,

http://www.ushl.com/news/0607/20070212CSSchmidtPachis.cfm

Funny, the part of the Shmidt article you referenced was: "I like St. Cloud State, the Gophers (Minnesota), North Dakota, and Colorado College.

So far Ryan Bourque (son of Ray) has been one of the leading scorers at the USA Select 16's. He is supposed to be a very talented foward from people that have seen him. He spent this last season at Cushing Prep (where Brad Malone played) and he will be playing for the NTDP U17 this upcoming year. Many schools are recruiting him and since we will need a good amount of incoming fowards for 09, he would be a good pickup.