• Colorado College
    • Wisconsin
    • Minnesota-Duluth
    • Other

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jk - You're right, it was Shutte. I had whiney Metcalf on me mind.

I don't think anyone is suggesting a team or coach 'tanked' it on purpose. More like a coach saw the team was lethargic and/or not playing well. Instead of giving them the 'ole Knute Rokne he chose to let things slide a little. Players will only respond to so many rah-rah speeches and part of being a good coach is choosing ones battles. This is what I think Lucia did. I'll let you guys hash out what you think Blais' motivations were and what he did.

Again, just speculation. For all I know Lucia chewed them a new one during/after the DU FF game.

I am not saying or even implying that the Sioux threw the game. I was at that 2001 WCHA Final Five championship game. I know that UND played to win and everyone on the team was disappointed when they lost in overtime. But Blais knew that it was not a "must win" situation for the Sioux. Otherwise, he would have either started Goehring or pulled Kollar after third or fourth SCSU goal.