SiouxSports.com Forum

Red River Football

OldSchool

And for the first time since I've been posting on this board the Red River and Central fans start throwing jabs at each other.

Just wanted to post some high school football scores, just for the heckuva it.

Minot 26 Central 10

Jamestown 16 RR 0

South 35 Bismarck 28

North 35 Century 14?:p (Can't remember the score of this one)

I know that West Fargo and Mandan won as well, but can't remember the scores of those either.....

Continue bashing each other..... :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was evidently a pretty terrible performance by Central. On paper, they should have had little trouble with an inexperienced Minot team, but of course games aren't played on paper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minot always has a pretty good football team, but they never seem to win the whole enchilada.

In my eyes ESPN, you forgot the most important reason. #1 on my list of problems at Red River is administration. Many of those reasons that you mentioned are results of poor leadership at that level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said before, hopefully Vern will stick around for a while, which I'm thinking is your reason for the administration thought. Perry seemed to always be kind of a Central guy, but I don't agree with you that administration makes the difference. Many other teams seem to have won while he was there.

Like I said before, hopefully Vern will stick around for a while, which I'm thinking is your reason for the administration thought. Perry seemed to always be kind of a Central guy, but I don't agree with you that administration makes the difference. Many other teams seem to have won while he was there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Administration makes ALL the difference. For example, parents' constant griping to coaches and administrators happens more prevalently at one school in Grand Forks then it does at the other. And that is because one of the schools "put their foot down" on that stuff from the very beginning. Support of the coaches is huge. One GF school has a great tradition of coaching continuity in alot of their programs, the other does not. See my point here? Directly and indirectly, it has EVERYTHING to do with your top 5 list

Administration makes ALL the difference.  For example, parents' constant griping to coaches and administrators happens more prevalently at one school in Grand Forks then it does at the other.  And that is because one of the schools "put their foot down" on that stuff from the very beginning.  Support of the coaches is huge.  One GF school has a great tradition of coaching continuity in alot of their programs, the other does not.  See my point here?  Directly and indirectly, it has EVERYTHING to do with your top 5 list

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When teams are winning you don't hear about the complaining, because other parents will keep quiet. But, when the team starts losing everyone joins the chorus. Especially when the chorus leader is someone in the public athletic spotlight.

Either way, I hope Vern can win a few games this year and turn the tides a bit. And hopefully the next crop of kids have some football players in the bunch!

Does anyone here work with the 5th and 6th grade league in GF? I watched one game the first year it started and although it wasn't very good play it was sure nice to have kids playing football. I'm really glad they started the leage and I'm just hoping that it is getting more kids into the game. In the past middle school football was just getting kids used to wearing pads and hitting a little bit. Now it can be used a little more in-depth for the game. I'm just wondering how the league is doing. Who are the coaches? Where are they learning the game? Any info would be great, thanks.

• 11 months later...