SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some statistics I just thought would be helpful in looking at who to watch in these up and coming weeks, choosing the all EDC team, and a Mr. Hockey winner. Decided to just to the EDC since most people talk about it on here. Also keep in mind these may not all be up to date or exact.

Top 5 forwards

Paul Weisgarber, Fargo South GP 21 G 22 A 29 PTS 51

Paul Campbell, Grafton GP 21 G 18 A 31 PTS 49

Thomas Campbell, Grafton GP 21 G 26 A 22 PTS 48

Marc Mihulka, Red River GP 19 G 21 A 16 PTS 37

Grant Larson, Fargo South GP 20 G 17 A 18 PTS 35

Top 5 Defensemen

Erick Galt, Fargo South GP 21 G 12 A 29 PTS 41

Danny Wurden, Fargo South GP 21 G 8 A 18 PTS 26

Jarrett Galbreath, Red River GP 18 G 4 A 20 PTS 24

Alan Spriggs, Fargo South GP 21 G 5 A 17 PTS 22

Andrew Peterson, Grafton GP 21 G 5 A 15 PTS 20

Top 3 goalies GP GAA W-L-T SV%

Sean Deichert, FS 18 1.22 17 1 0 93%

Eli Rosendahl, RR 18 1.69 16 2 1 92%

Kelvin Shane, GFC 14 2.29 8 6 0 91%

Possible Coaches of the Year

Ross Richards, West Fargo

Matt Malm, Red River

Dean Wilson, Fargo South

Here are some statistics I just thought would be helpful in looking at who to watch in these up and coming weeks, choosing the all EDC team, and a Mr. Hockey winner. Decided to just to the EDC since most people talk about it on here. Also keep in mind these may not all be up to date or exact.

Top 5 forwards

Paul Weisgarber, Fargo South GP 21 G 22 A 29 PTS 51

Paul Campbell, Grafton GP 21 G 18 A 31 PTS 49

Thomas Campbell, Grafton GP 21 G 26 A 22 PTS 48

Marc Mihulka, Red River GP 19 G 21 A 16 PTS 37

Grant Larson, Fargo South GP 20 G 17 A 18 PTS 35

Top 5 Defensemen

Erick Galt, Fargo South GP 21 G 12 A 29 PTS 41

Danny Wurden, Fargo South GP 21 G 8 A 18 PTS 26

Jarrett Galbreath, Red River GP 18 G 4 A 20 PTS 24

Alan Spriggs, Fargo South GP 21 G 5 A 17 PTS 22

Andrew Peterson, Grafton GP 21 G 5 A 15 PTS 20

Top 3 goalies GP GAA W-L-T SV%

Sean Deichert, FS 18 1.22 17 1 0 93%

Eli Rosendahl, RR 18 1.69 16 2 1 92%

Kelvin Shane, GFC 14 2.29 8 6 0 91%

Possible Coaches of the Year

Ross Richards, West Fargo

Matt Malm, Red River

Dean Wilson, Fargo South

The points for defensemen are not accurate. Marc Harrie from Shanley has 21 points (11 goals and 10 assists). The cite has not been updated because the last 2 score sheets were not readable.

I looked on the Lincoln Stars transactions on there website and I did not see them acquiring Erick Galt. I'm not doubting whoever said that he commited, just wondering how you found that out and if I could get some more details. Thats interesting. I wonder if Weisgarber will do the same with a USHL team? If so, will they not compete on the Chicago Showcase (Team ND) team? Same goes for Klenow who will play for the FM Jets when there season ends, will he be eligible? Losing some of these guys will most definitly hurt ND's chance at winning the thing.

Speaking of players playing juniors after the season, has anyone heard about Jake Brown being looked at by tri-city? I don't know him or anything but this is what i've heard from some people.

Speaking of players playing juniors after the season, has anyone heard about Jake Brown being looked at by tri-city? I don't know him or anything but this is what i've heard from some people.

How about Erick Galt as a Mr. Hockey LOCK?:lol: 41 pts. as a defenseman!! He typically plays most of the game and the goals for South vs. the goals against ratio is phenomanal!! A great 2 way player. I don't know how many pts. Marto had last year when he won by a landslide, but 41 has to be pretty close if not more than Marto last year?? Someone correct me if I am wrong and if someone could let me know how many pts. Marto had last year that would be great.. (Now that I think about it, it is driving me crazy I can't remember??)

Jake Marto had 35 or 36 points last year. I have the exact number in a file in another office but it was in the mid 30s. Keep in mind that Jake did not play for a team with the overall strength of Fargo South and that team synergy can help the individual performance of players.

Jake Marto had 35 or 36 points last year. I have the exact number in a file in another office but it was in the mid 30s. Keep in mind that Jake did not play for a team with the overall strength of Fargo South and that team synergy can help the individual performance of players.

Well put ND, but here are some more boring facts. Last year Erick had 34 pts compared to Marto's 35 or 6. And as strong as South's team was last year and this year, Central did grind it out and make it to the State Championship game last year while South played for third place. So Marto's team wasn't necessarily that weak.

Well put ND, but here are some more boring facts. Last year Erick had 34 pts compared to Marto's 35 or 6. And as strong as South's team was last year and this year, Central did grind it out and make it to the State Championship game last year while South played for third place. So Marto's team wasn't necessarily that weak.

Erick had a very good year last season as you point out. Yes Central did as you say grind it out and make it to the finals. There are probably 4 or 5 different opinions on the quality of Central's team last year depending on who you ask (former players, other coaches, Central fans, fans from other teams). Central had some good players such as Jake Stadstad and others. I'll just quote one scout who last year described Central as a very average team without Marto and Stadstad. I tend to agree. In any case, Central finished up strong and South did not. Credit to Central. I have no axe to grind for either school so it really does not matter to me but I think most would agree that South had better personnel last year. Certainly they (South) have a far better team this year than Central had last year and the entire South team benefits from the synergy of all those quality players. Sometimes when it gets down to crunch time the difference can be coaching as well.

Erick had a very good year last season as you point out. Yes Central did as you say grind it out and make it to the finals. There are probably 4 or 5 different opinions on the quality of Central's team last year depending on who you ask (former players, other coaches, Central fans, fans from other teams). Central had some good players such as Jake Stadstad and others. I'll just quote one scout who last year described Central as a very average team without Marto and Stadstad. I tend to agree. In any case, Central finished up strong and South did not. Credit to Central. I have no axe to grind for either school so it really does not matter to me but I think most would agree that South had better personnel last year. Certainly they (South) have a far better team this year than Central had last year and the entire South team benefits from the synergy of all those quality players. Sometimes when it gets down to crunch time the difference can be coaching as well.

I think that in Marto's case it wasn't necessarily how many points he had but more what he did for the team. He single-handedly carried them throughout the postseason and, rightfully so, won Mr. Hockey and the State tourney MVP. Take Galt off South and they're still one of the top 3 teams in the state. Take Marto off Central and they may not even have made state.

I think that in Marto's case it wasn't necessarily how many points he had but more what he did for the team. He single-handedly carried them throughout the postseason and, rightfully so, won Mr. Hockey and the State tourney MVP. Take Galt off South and they're still one of the top 3 teams in the state. Take Marto off Central and they may not even have made state.

I agree totally with what you just said. All I am saying is he should be a very strong candidate for Mr. Hockey, although it seems as if there may be better "individuals" this year compared to "teams" last year.

How about Erick Galt as a Mr. Hockey LOCK?:lol: 41 pts. as a defenseman!! He typically plays most of the game and the goals for South vs. the goals against ratio is phenomanal!! A great 2 way player. I don't know how many pts. Marto had last year when he won by a landslide, but 41 has to be pretty close if not more than Marto last year?? Someone correct me if I am wrong and if someone could let me know how many pts. Marto had last year that would be great.. (Now that I think about it, it is driving me crazy I can't remember??)

Also keep in mind that Jake Marto was great for more reasons than his points.

Exactly.

For those who have followed Marto's career he has been big trouble for opposing teams every single year he has played hockey. The first time I saw him he was a squirt and was probably the best or one of the best skaters in the state at that age. I remember once watching him in one squirt game take the puck end to end and score. I think he played for the Grand Forks Blues back in those days.

Also keep in mind that Jake Marto was great for more reasons than his points.

True, but so is Erick. If you add "goals preventend" on to points scored (or if high school hockey would actually keep track of plus/minus) the number would be a lot higher. I remember one game this season where Deichert was on one side of the net and the puck was on the other (on a rebound or something) and they had an open net to shoot in and Erick slid on from behind the net and made a perfect save. I'm sure they're taught to do that and I know Marto probably made similar plays, but I'm just saying to not be fooled by his number of points into thinking he's only an offensive-minded player.

Looking forward to a great EDC!

My Biggest's of the 2005-06 Regular Season

Biggest Surprise-Red River tying South for the EDC title.

Biggest Disappointment-Fargo North

Biggest Fan of-Andy Dittus

Biggest Upset-Hazen 4 Minot 3

Biggest Turnaround- Devils Lake

Biggest Stock Improvement-Michael Hillman

Biggest Chance of Winning Mr. Hockey-Erik Galt

Biggest Chance of being Coach of the Year-Jeff Gustafson or Matt Malm

Biggest Rube on Sioux Sports- ND PRIDE

Biggest Asset on Sioux Sports- He who shoots tops shelf, ND PRIDE

Biggest Topic Currently on Sioux Sports- 2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

Biggest Surprise- Chris Watlend and Aaron Roland of Whapeton outscoring the leading scorer on Central, North, Shanley, Jamestown, West Fargo.

Biggest Disappointment- North's inabilty to score

Biggest Fan of- Thomas Campbell or Andrew peterson

Biggest Upset- Shanley-4 Central-3

Biggest Turnaround- Central

Biggest Stock Improvement-Tyrel Mcbain

Biggest Chance of Winning Mr. Hockey-Paul Campbell

Biggest Chance of being Coach of the Year- Al Henry (Devils Lake)

Biggest Rube on Sioux Sports- WWPKD, Junior24, tron3050, (He who shoots top shelf/SkatesHattrick), (Specifics/ Undhockey22), Lives-to -play-hockey, GFRR11 ( #1 Rube).

Biggest Asset on Sioux Sports- Ndpride or Wilbur

Biggest Surprise-Red River tying South for the EDC title.

Biggest Disappointment-Fargo North

Biggest Fan of-Andy Dittus

Biggest Upset-Hazen 4 Minot 3

Biggest Turnaround- Devils Lake

Biggest Stock Improvement-Michael Hillman

Biggest Chance of Winning Mr. Hockey-Erik Galt

Biggest Chance of being Coach of the Year-Jeff Gustafson or Matt Malm

Biggest Rube on Sioux Sports- ND PRIDE

Biggest Asset on Sioux Sports- He who shoots tops shelf, ND PRIDE

Biggest Surprise- Red River ties for EDC Championship

Biggest Disappointment- (tie)Grafton (0-4 against South and Red River), Fargo North

Biggest Fan of- Marc Mihulka

Biggest Upset- Jamestown over Grafton

Biggest Stock Improvement- Michael Hillman

Biggest Chance of Winning Mr. Hockey- Paul Weisgarber

Biggest Chance of being Coach of the Year- Matt Malm

Biggest Rube on Sioux Sports- Lives-to-play-hockey-06, X2theZ

Biggest Asset on Sioux Sports- ND Pride (east) Wilbur (West)

I guess I should add Al Henry to my list for coach of the year. Although I still believe Matt Malm will (should) win it, Mr. Henry has done an outstanding job with his young hockey team. They'll give someone a tough game when they make it too state!

Biggest Surprise- Chris Watlend and Aaron Roland of Whapeton outscoring the leading scorer on Central, North, Shanley, Jamestown, West Fargo.

Biggest Disappointment- North's inabilty to score

Biggest Fan of- Thomas Campbell or Andrew peterson

Biggest Upset- Shanley-4 Central-3

Biggest Stock Improvement-Tyrel Mcbain

Biggest Chance of Winning Mr. Hockey-Paul Campbell

Biggest Chance of being Coach of the Year- Al Henry (Devils Lake)

Biggest Rube on Sioux Sports- WWPKD, Junior24, tron3050, (He who shoots top shelf/SkatesHattrick), (Specifics/ Undhockey22), Lives-to -play-hockey, GFRR11 ( #1 Rube).

Biggest Asset on Sioux Sports- Ndpride or Wilbur

Well X, i dont know how i can thank you enouggh for such a prestigious award. Being a Rube isnt always easy, infact there is not a lot of glory when push comes to shove. Id like to thank Jesus for all he does for me, my parents, and all my sponsors. Gordon will win the Daytona 500.