SiouxSports.com Forum

Jonathon Toews Story

dagies

I tripped over this Radio Canada story on Jonathan Toews. I thought others might find it as interesting as I did:

Radio Canada on Jonathan Toews

Not being able to read French, I popped the link to the story into Alta Vista's Babel Fish translator. Just copy the link into the "Translate a web page" window and select French to English translation.

Babel Fish

Enjoy!

Isn't the CBC required to have an English version also available?

I know Americans are renown for their poor geography (especially geography outside the US), but I have a feeling that the people of Kennewick would be surprised to learn they live in Oregon.

I liked how the translated version referred to Jonathen as ''it''... Makes it sound like he's some kind of hockey machine and not a real person.

Good read, I think the writer might have thought Jon made a bad decision by picking UND over a MJ team. Go figure :silly: Doesn't seem to be hurting players like Drew Stafford or Zach Parise. I think Jon made a great decision.

I know Americans are renown for their poor geography (especially geography outside the US), but I have a feeling that the people of Kennewick would be surprised to learn they live in Oregon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The writer must have borrowed the map that ESPN used for the 2001 DII football championship. ESPN had Fargo located 75 miles to the northeast of Grand Forks which puts Fargo in either Minnesota or Manitoba.

Here's the Google link (translated).

Toews

Emission of January 12, 2005

"Emission"? :silly::)

As I was reading that story the "voice" of mental narrator became that of the goalie in "Slapshot": "The Pacifique team faces the team of the West." and the Pacifique team feels much shame. :blush:

"Emission"? :) :)

As I was reading that story the "voice" of mental narrator became that of the goalie in "Slapshot": "The Pacifique team faces the team of the West." and the Pacifique team feels much shame. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eeet's even more fuun to read eet in a verry snotty French accent ... especially after having a few beers. :silly::blush:

Note that Jonathan is perfectly bilingual since his mother is french and he went to french imersion school while growing up in winnipeg. Having said that, the story is pretty funny when read from the translation, especially when you know what the translation is really trying to say. :silly: