SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH gets it wrong

PCM

In today's Frozen Four Notebook, INCH says Alex Goligoski will play in today's game between Minnesota and North Dakota. But then INCH takes this false cheap shot at the Sioux:

Goligoski hurt his wrist after being slashed by a North Dakota player in the first period of the Gophers

Can you email them and get it fixed or what?  Do you have any sudo pull there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no pull with them. Anyone can e-mail INCH through their Web site. I suggest that as many Sioux fans as possible demand that the record be set straight.

What do you expect? INCH discloses that it gets its "information" from a variety of sources, including that crazy cat lady down the street, Larry the Urinating Bum, USCHO, Sid Hartman, Sponge Bob Squarepants and Dan Rather. ;):D Not exactly a stellar cast of "primary" sources. :lol:

Reading the article there are 2 choices:

1) the comments are under the "Seen and Heard at the Schott" -- the article mentions talking with the gopher camp about injury to Goligoski -- it could be assumed that the mole stated to the reporter that it was a slash which caused the injury and the reporter just reported what the gopher representative stated

or

2) the reporter did some investigative embellishment reporting (ie read it in a message board and posted it as truth)

The tape of the incident seems to indicate otherwise -- but if "they" want to label Travis Zajac a hack so be it -- hopefully TZ pops in another couple goals this weekend. Speaking of hacks I'm so glad that Jake Taylor (or was it Tyler?) left the gophers after last year.

Go Sioux.

2) the reporter did some investigative embellishment reporting (ie read it in a message board and posted it as truth)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is probably it. In a USCHO thread, someone said that Goligoski's injury was caused by a Sioux slash. Within a day or two, there was an article in one of the Twin Cities papers quoting Goligoski as saying that it happened when he banged his hand against the boards. The video of the play supports this.

I wrote INCH an email, pasted in the thread from GPL that contains a quote from the Trib story quoting Goligoski saying it was a legit hit that caused the injury. Then suggested they research the Star Trib themselves if they want to see the real article. I don't know if I could have accessed a story from that long ago for free so figured they could do it.

I wrote INCH an email, pasted in the thread from GPL that contains a quote from the Trib story quoting Goligoski saying it was a legit hit that caused the injury.  Then suggested they research the Star Trib themselves if they want to see the real article.  I don't know if I could have accessed a story from that long ago for free so figured they could do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.startribune.com/stories/512/5305787.html

What do you expect?  INCH discloses that it gets its "information" from a variety of sources, including that crazy cat lady down the street, Larry the Urinating Bum, USCHO, Sid Hartman, Sponge Bob Squarepants and Dan Rather.  ;)  :D  Not exactly a stellar cast of "primary" sources.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bull****! What Sponge Bob says is gospel!

Great post Scott. ;)

I'm assuming that INCH's next + and - section will include a - to themselves for this specific phantom slash comment; they give the NCAA a - for failing to include the 2003 championship from MN's banner (which truthfully is bad, this is the 2nd year now, you'd think with all the people employed by the NCAA they'd have fixed that) so logic would follow a - is worthy for an ommission, therefore a "falsehood" would warrant a - . . . . . and yes, I'm holding my breath! :lol: Mistakes are made in reporting, but that usually is followed by a retraction . . . although if you're a sudo reporter can you "will" something to be true?