SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four nerves

U2Bad1

first off, PETA, go away. This isn't an animal cruelty story, but a hockey story. (you really gotta wanna see it)

anyways.

My company is doing the surveying for several projects at the GF Air Force Base. While running a benchmark circuit today, I had some time to kill (running the rod). As I'm sitting at the benchmark waiting for my partner to set up the instrument, i look to my right and see a pesky gopher chasing around another pesky gopher. I watch for a while as it's quite interesting watching stupid animals do stupid things. In the middle of all of this one of the little rodents stops running around to see what i'm up too. He gets up on his hind legs and just stares at me, roughly 20 feet away. As we stare each other down, I see an opportunity to exterminate a terrible nuisance. I look down and at my feet is the cover for the box that the benchmark is located in (roughly 8" x 8" and 5 pounds). I pick up the cover and still staring at me is this gopher. I pitched the cover of the box at this vermon like a true horseshoe champion. Low and behold it hits the little son of a .... which brings me to this. I am not nervous about our chances against the gophers anymore. I think that if we play our game and throw everything we have at these stupid ass rodents, we will kill them. :lol:

GO SIOUX!!!!!

I am confident in a Sioux victory, I think a lot of the nervousness for me comes from the fact that there could be no worse way to get knocked out than by the dirty rodents. Their fans would be mouthing off all summer and into next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While Sioux fans would simply congratulate the Gophers on a nice season and move forward should they win? ;) ;)

I'm nervous not because I anticipate a loss, but because anyone that doesn't think their team can lose in a situation like this is delusional. These are two quality hockey teams, with excellent talent, coaching and desire - plus they've each had more than a week to get prepared and healthy. That's why I really like the Gophers chances because of the success Don has had in preparing teams for this situation. Doesn't mean they will win and I refuse to predict a victory because anything can happen. Hell, most didn't think the Vikings would lose Atlanta in 1998. :lol::D

While Sioux fans would simply congratulate the Gophers on a nice season and move forward should they win? ;) ;)

I'm nervous not because I anticipate a loss, but because anyone that doesn't think their team can lose in a situation like this is delusional. These are two quality hockey teams, with excellent talent, coaching and desire - plus they've each had more than a week to get prepared and healthy. That's why I really like the Gophers chances because of the success Don has had in preparing teams for this situation. Doesn't mean they will win and I refuse to predict a victory because anything can happen. Hell, most didn't think the Vikings would lose Atlanta in 1998. :lol:;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So who is the Vikings, the Gophs or the Sioux? :D

I'm nervous not because I anticipate a loss, but because anyone that doesn't think their team can lose in a situation like this is delusional. These are two quality hockey teams, with excellent talent, coaching and desire - plus they've each had more than a week to get prepared and healthy. That's why I really like the Gophers chances because of the success Don has had in preparing teams for this situation. Doesn't mean they will win and I refuse to predict a victory because anything can happen. Hell, most didn't think the Vikings would lose Atlanta in 1998. :lol::D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're killin' me man. Why must you dig up the ghosts of the '98 season? Friggin Falcons.

....I pick up the cover and still staring at me is this gopher.  I pitched the cover of the box at this vermon like a true horseshoe champion.  Low and behold it hits the little son of a ....  which brings me to this.  I am not nervous about our chances against the gophers anymore.  I think that if we play our game and throw everything we have at these stupid ass rodents,  we will kill them.  :D

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Beautiful! We all we gotta do is throw everything, including the kitchen sink and surveying equipment at 'em.

:lol:

While Sioux fans would simply congratulate the Gophers on a nice season and move forward should they win? :D;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's been a roller coaster of a year as we all know. Who would of thought (besides PCM) that they would reach the Final Four? Under most circumstances, I would take a loss at the tourney in stride and be proud of their accomplishements. That being said, losing to the rodents would suck! I live in the TC's and it would be a long summer (and on top of that have a few Gopher friends). Let's go Sioux!!! ;) Worse case - let's go CC! ;)