SiouxSports.com Forum

PCM on Sioux Goaltending

Sioux_Hab-it

what the hell is that?? that net is about the stupidest thing i've seen. Someone in Buffalo needs to be slapped repeatedly. Make the goalies equipment smaller, start enforcing the rules in place, get rid of the red line and touch icing and that will open the game up plenty for more offense. wow

First things first. If I can't have hot chicks w/nice boobs as an avatar, then that gay male model of yours (this means you, jozee) has got to go!

Secondly, keep the red line, just get rid of the two-line pass rule in the NHL. I don't see where getting rid of touch-up icing will help increase scoring. I give Buffalo credit for thinking outside the box.

First things first.  If I can't have hot chicks w/nice boobs as an avatar, then that gay male model of yours (this means you, jozee) has got to go!

Secondly, keep the red line, just get rid of the two-line pass rule in the NHL.  I don't see where getting rid of touch-up icing will help increase scoring.  I give Buffalo credit for thinking outside the box.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa, MafiaMan, I didn't know your 'nice boobs' got booted :lol: . I just wanted to supply eye candy to the ladies in the same way you were to the guys. If it's a no no, I have no problem removing it. Question of the day>>If men with nice bods are gay, are 'hot chicks w/nice boobs' lesbians?

First things first.  If I can't have hot chicks w/nice boobs as an avatar, then that gay male model of yours (this means you, jozee) has got to go!

Secondly, keep the red line, just get rid of the two-line pass rule in the NHL.  I don't see where getting rid of touch-up icing will help increase scoring.  I give Buffalo credit for thinking outside the box.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thinking outside the box isn't necessary when everything is already in place or already was in place. The only changes that need to be made are in the rules. Goalie equipment has gotten bigger and bigger over the last 15 years. Look at some of the old photo's of grant fuhr. if not, look at ed belfour's equipment when he played at UND, 18 years ago. Getting back to that will inflate goalie stats a little, but will make the game more entertaining. Goalies with a 3 GAA will be the studs of the league, rather than goalies who face 25 shots, see only half of them, yet stop them all because it happens to hit them. It will make the good goaltenders better. Enforcing of the hooking, holding, interferance penalties as they are written will open the game up for skaters. Enforcing of the checking from behinds, roughing bullcrap after the whistle, protection of the goalie penalties will make it so the game can remain physical, but make is so that the goons of the world don't become as commonplace as they have. In the NHL, there is no need for some of these guys who have a hard time skating and end up with 60 fighting penalties in 82 games making 2 million per. The two line pass and the reversal of the automatic offsides will allow there to be more flow to a game. The two line pass doesn't allow for the quick strike breakaway, that no matter who you are or who you are cheering for, is exciting as hell to see. The battle between goalie and player on that grand of stage is pretty damn auxillarating to watch. The only reason I call for the removal of the touch icing is because of how many injury's there are because of it. Slamming into the boards at 25 mph isn't exactly beneficial to a persons body, regardless of how much padding you have on. Players in college hockey know when it's going to be icing, and even if there is a chase, 99 times out of 100, when the whistle blows, they stand up and glide around the net rather than the NHL alternative of holding onto each others stick full bore and slamming into the boards. I just don't believe that major changes to the game are needed to make it more of an entertaining product to the lay fan. I believe that college hockey is 1000 times more entertaining to watch than the NHL, and many of you may agree with me on that, but since it isn't as nationwide as the NHL, perhaps bringing the NHL rules closer to college rules might be what the NHL needs to bring itself back to prominense. just my opinion.

Since I'm too lazy to do the research, can someone tell me if JPar was the starting goalie at S-SM?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to this article:

Parise was a star at Shattuck-St. Mary's in Faribault, Minn...

I'm thinking that if he was a star, he probably started a few games.