SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

It doesn't matter that Minnesota scored only 3 goals or that UND cruised to two unlikely wins

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you are saying that you didn't cruise to two unlikely wins? Even Woog predicted the Gophers to lose the first game.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely wasn't expected that UND would play so well at the end of the year. It also wasn't expected that the Gophers would get the easy regional for being the bottom #1 seed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your'e kidding right? We had the Top #2 seed and the Top #4 seed and the most difficult road of Denver and CC. I agree, our path should have been easier than the Sioux's as you had top seeds to go through, but Cornell and Maine are far more difficult than Mercyhurst, Colgate, and UNH. I'll debate Michigan.

Your'e kidding right? We had the Top #2 seed and the Top #4 seed and the most difficult road of Denver and CC. I agree, our path should have been easier than the Sioux's as you had top seeds to go through, but Cornell and Maine are far more difficult than Mercyhurst, Colgate, and UNH. I'll debate Michigan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will debate that anytime. Maine is about the same as BU. Cornell is horrible. They are a typical EZAC team--overrated because they do not play anyone. During the year, they beat Maine somehow, but lost to BC, and lost and tied Michigan State. The rest of the schedule was EZAC teams. They are not in the same class as Michigan. What should have happened is that Michigan should have been the No. 4 seed overall and CC should have been moved to Minnesota as the No. 3 with Minnesota No. 5 or 6 overall. Denver had a fairly easy path, but New Hampshire is better than Maine or Cornell. CC and UND had much harder paths.

I'll debate Michigan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No debate for me, the CC road thru Michigan was the route I was soooo glad the Sioux didn't have to travel. Michigan has been so tough for the WCHA teams; kudos to CC for coming back from 3 goals down. To me, CC had the worst route.

I will debate that anytime. Maine is about the same as BU. Cornell is horrible. They are a typical EZAC team--overrated because they do not play anyone. During the year, they beat Maine somehow, but lost to BC, and lost and tied Michigan State. The rest of the schedule was EZAC teams. They are not in the same class as Michigan. What should have happened is that Michigan should have been the No. 4 seed overall and CC should have been moved to Minnesota as the No. 3 with Minnesota No. 5 or 6 overall. Denver had a fairly easy path, but New Hampshire is better than Maine or Cornell. CC and UND had much harder paths.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND played themselves into a harder path to the frozen four during the season. The gophers like it or not played themselves into the #1 seed and since they were hosting a regional they were given home ice( NCAA policy) UND to their credit won in MASS against two Boston Schools, that is VERY impressive. Next year UND might again finish 5th in the WCHA and they may be given a #2 or #3 seed and they WILL play at the Ralph, and how fair will that be to the #1 who gets put in that regional. It is just how it works, deal with it. Not giving Minnesota credit for beating 27-4 Cornell and the 3rd rated team in the nation is just silly. These acusations that Cornell cannot score are ridiculous, they are the 12th highest scoring team in the country and in the top 5 defensively. They also were on a 19 game unbeaten streak. I know it wasn't the greatest competition, but the Sioux and Gophers lost to some lowly competition during the year and Cornell never lost when it shouldn't have. Maine may have been the 2nd hottest team in the country behind Cornell or maybe Denver. Those were not easy wins and our regional was not weak. You guys also need to stop calling yourselves the hottest team in the country still left, please don't forget Denver just beat you when it mattered most. I am unbelievably impressed with UND's run, but stay focused people, noone ripped you off by sending you to your region. Your season long play dictated you should be sent to a tough region out east and to your credit you won it. Minnesota's season long play dictated they get a #1 seed and we won our games against just as tough of competition. I for one cannot wait to watch these two teams play as they are BOTH on top of their games and it should be a hum dinger.

Someone is missing the point on the whole Gopher #1 seed thing. The reason the Gophers ended up in the Frozen Four is because they were a number one seed and as a result, didn't have to play Colorado...Get it now???

And just so you know up there, we as fans don't need to stay focused...we're not playing. We can be as crazy as we want and be as over-confident as we please.

On the otherhand, I'm sure the Sioux team isn't focusing on the past performance of the Gophers...the Gophers will show up without regard to whatever they did in November and December (averaged over 5 goals a game) or February and March (averaged under two??).

The Sioux will show up too. I like the Sioux's chances a bit better since they have been on the upswing. And they didn't put in any half-hearted efforts in certain games that other teams considered unimportant. As a result, they are running on all cylinders.

This will be a classic game that I am so excited to be attending.

Go Sioux...

Okay, First off, I never said anything bad about you guys other than calling you Sue, much like you call us Rodents. get over it. Second, I'm not some 18 year old punk. My days watching the Gophers go back to 70's, not to mention being a season ticket holder. As for logging on today for the first time, yes I did, but not to piss anyone, just to see what was up and have a little fun. Get over yourselves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to piggy back too much, but let's look at basic facts:

Gophers, the animal, is actually a rodent. Look it up.

Second, Sue is a woman's name which insinuates something about our men's hockey team as well as it does a great dishonor to the Sioux name which we hold dear and honor every time we don our jerseys. Sue is derogatory. Rodents is just the genus that Gophers fall under.

I have nothing against Gopher fans coming here and giving information about their team and discussing things in an informed, respectful manner, but if you are going to defame our name, then get lost.

Someone is missing the point on the whole Gopher #1 seed thing. The reason the Gophers ended up in the Frozen Four is because they were a number one seed and as a result, didn't have to play Colorado...Get it now???

And just so you know up there, we as fans don't need to stay focused...we're not playing.

And how many pucks did the Sioux put behind Jim Howard this season. A meaningless stat when all is said and done as they all play for teams that any of the top WCHA teams should be able to bury. :angry: I know you Goofer fans are trying to look for reasons to feel good about only scoring 3 goals and barely scraping by but you won't get that warm and fuzzy from this board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

7 but that was over two games.

The gophers just beat the 2 best goalies in college hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:angry:

Maine may have been the 2nd hottest team in the country behind Cornell or maybe Denver.  Those were not easy wins and our regional was not weak. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

Just love that because Minny played both of this teams and had difficulty with them it has to be because they have the two best goalies on the two hottest teams in the country. ;)

Just like you are a fan of the sioux, I am a fan of the gophers. Therefore, I believe they are the better team and I also believe we will be the winners of the next 3 national championships.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

This just shows you are a delusional homer.

I give you a whole post full of facts and you sling mud.  Someone said earlier that guests should be nice to the host.  Does that go both ways?  BTW you didn't tell me what beyong means, put down the crack pipe and answer would you.  UND's recruiting class is not as good on paper, but if history is any indication, the Sioux will take what they get and get as much out them as the gophers do with all the big names.  Just like you are a fan of the sioux, I am a fan of the gophers. Therefore, I believe they are the better team and I also believe we will be the winners of the next 3 national championships.  Just because I think that doesn't mean it is already true, so just relax.  You seem to get easily worked up there fella.  Also would you just hand over the hardware while you're at it, that would really be helpful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who is smoking the crack pipe, :angry: how is UND incoming class not that good on paper, I would like to know whos opinion this is. Seems to me that UND has a recruit that is on par with Kessel that being one person name Toews, some have said he might be the next Crosby. If I am not mistake UND also has a few players tearing up the the BCHL as we speak. I am pretty sure that UND is not going to hand the Gophers the NCAA hardware, they are going to have to earn it.

I don't have time to post any more and haggle a position with you yellowsnow...Got a bunch of transmissions in my front lawn I gotta move......Got to also get those wheels back on my house....!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heck I have a bunch of them in my back yard that my Yellow Lab left for me to clean up, that the snow had hidden from me. This about what I classify Yellow turds post as. Lab manure. :angry: