SiouxSports.com Forum

Colby Geneway

dj_hoime

Great game and exposure for Genoway last night! I over looked him for most of the season because of the reasons stated in the article, and have been watching out for him lately. He is playing with pure determination on the ice.

We said it some time ago. Colby is the de facto Captain of this team right now.

Seeing how the "C" and "A" letters are already on deserving jerseys, we probably oughta put a BIG "D" on Colby's jersey tonight.

"D", for Driver. Driver of the bus. The Bus, to Columbus.

Tonight is gonna be a blast. Win or lose, this team has been a blast to follow, and to cheer.

Thank God all of the leapers from early January are in off the ledges.

Colby Genoway = epitome of Sioux Tradition and Success.

I've said this here before, but during the past two seasons, I heard Sioux players and coaches make comments about what great skills Colby had. Trouble was, we seldom saw them in games. This season, we're seeing how good a player he truly is.

I've said this here before, but during the past two seasons, I heard Sioux players and coaches make comments about what great skills Colby had. Trouble was, we seldom saw them in games. This season, we're seeing how good a player he truly is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although he is a senior, Genoway is about the same age as most sophomores in college hockey. It takes some players more time to develope, it appears Genoway picked a season to break out.

I dont know where this kid came from last year, the first 2 seasons he had a combined total of 3 points! Hell, he had 3 points in last nights win, for a total of 76 points in his last two seasons. It guys like this that i love watching, play hard game in and game out, never the most skilled player or most talked about but they always get the job done! Keep it up Colby. This next comment is off topic, but does anyone else feel like spirko is a kevin spiewak type player, very small, quick and skilled, the only difference is i think spirko is a better finisher.

Yeah, but I've seen that too and those players didn't have to sit out an entire season...  did they?  I mean, after playing 1 or 2 MJ games.

I think the rule is if you play in a MJ game you lose 1 season of eligibility plus 1 game for every MJ game you played. If I remember Genoway sat 1 year plus 3 games?

I dont know where this kid came from last year, the first 2 seasons he had a combined total of 3 points! Hell, he had 3 points in last nights win, for a total of 76 points in his last two seasons. It guys like this that i love watching, play hard game in and game out, never the most  skilled player or most talked about but they always get the job done! Keep it up Colby. This next comment is off topic, but does anyone else feel like spirko is a kevin spiewak type player, very small, quick and skilled, the only difference is i think spirko is a better finisher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm thinking more of a Jeff Panzer type player. Small & fast, with mad skills.