SiouxSports.com Forum

Good luck and thank you

PCM

Yes it does, PCM.  First, the Sioux knock out BU...then Michigan State takes out Duke in the NCAA basketball tournament.  If UND beats BC today and Maine eliminates Minnesota, I'm taking it as a sign and buying a PowerBall ticket!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll just be taken it as a sign and buying a plane, game, and fame ticket. :D

Andy Schneider's quote sums up what it must be like to be a UND hockey player(pride, tradition, championships, etc.) but I think it extends to UND fans, like me, as well. For instance, as we were leaving the Xcel on Sat. after the sioux beat the gophers, we started jawin' with a group of gopher fans( which included that radio geek "doobie") about the game, some of thier comments were "It didn't mean anything" , "Wow, big deal 3rd place" and "When's the last time you won a nat'l championship" or group responded with, "ask the players if it means anything", "lose two and BBQ, you must be proud" and "when's the last time you won SEVEN!!!". So when I read Andy's quote I thought that it spoke for all the UND NATION.

"Look out tonight for the 'LUNCH BUCKET LINE' they punch in for work at 7pm"

To the seniors: Thank You. A few weeks ago there was much discussion on this board about enjoying your final weeks/games in a Sioux uniform.

Obviously, hockey is a team game and the underclassmen have contributed greatly, but the heart of this team is/are the seniors.

What a wild four years you've had. You are the "first class" of the REA . . . you finished your first year in the first round of the WCHA playoffs (if I'm not mistaken it was at the hands of the gophers, maybe you could return the favor) . . . you'll finish your last year at the Frozen Four. You've brought home the GLI trophey and the McNaughton, hopefully there'll be more hardware in the case after you're done.

The beginning of the year started with the hype, a sweep at Maine, a number one ranking . . . then came the penalty enforcement phase and the loooooong adjustment period . . . . then came the injuries . . . . then came the questions (ie where's the senior leadership) . . . . but now, in March you've given the answer! "Columbus"

Good luck next weekend (please, Whack a Mole), and good fortune to you after you leave the Sioux.

Thanks for the Memories and Go Sioux.

Anyone who has ever read any of my posts must realize that I always try stay positive. I, like other Sioux fans expect them to win every game. I guess that is one bad thing about being the best program, when things don't go right people get upset. I always try and stay positive and be optimistic threw the good and the bad. If we have a bad game or down season, you can still enjoy watching how hard the teams work and on every team you get to watch future NHLers. This team could have cashed it in towards the end of the year because things werent going right. But it showed a lot of charcter and heart over the last few weeks. The turning point of the year is when Hakstol told the seniors this is your team and it will only go as far as you will take it. You can tell the upperclassman (every senior and junior on the team) accepted their role and have took their game to the next level and it trickled down to the rest of the team. Everything is clicking and we are right where we want to be. If you could have picked who you want to beat at the Frozen four a couple weeks ago, I think all the players and fans would say Minnesota and Denver. Heres our chance, cant wait to watch it happen. Thanks you a great season and Fight on Fighting Sioux.

No matter what happens in Columbus, this has been a great season. There have been alot of ups and downs but that is what makes being a fan interesting, following the team through thick AND thin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree.

Who here thought that, in January, honestly we'd be seeing UND playing in Columbus?

Who here thought that, in January, honestly we'd be seeing UND playing in Columbus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, honestly. We did here. Absolutely. Unconditionally. There was never a doubt. This team is loaded with talent, chemistry, brains, and brawn. Not to mention desire, motive, heart, and soul. All backed and guided by one heck of a top shelf coaching staff.

All it took was a bit of time melding in the cauldrons of December and January.

SK828.

Well, honestly. We did here. Absolutely. Unconditionally. There was never a doubt. This team is loaded with talent, chemistry, brains, and brawn. Not to mention desire, motive, heart, and soul. All backed and guided by one heck of a top shelf coaching staff.

All it took was a bit of time melding in the cauldrons of December and January.

SK828.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New license plate for you NDH? :angry:

• 2 weeks later...